6th51+ mph
Curious What rpm are you shifting at?
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Manual transmission Mojave, and love it. Down a dirt road coming into a corner down shift rev match then hit the apex and nail it, straighten out and grab another gear, there's just something about a manual transmission that satisfies. I like to drive, I go for a drive just to go for a drive. For me a manual is driving and a automatic is like a cruise control transmission. I like the experience, connection, control, and fun the manual transmission gives. I like driving and the manual is fun for me, that's about all I can say. No prob so far, everything has been flawless. No regrets.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Picked her up tonight. 2021 Manual Mojave drives great. Very happy driving it back 50 miles from the dealership
D8A50AF2-8BB3-48A4-A8F0-8C21B7A07500.jpeg
Congrats ! You may be one of the first Mojave manual, so cool. Great looking JT. Love the front end attitude. High speed running with that manual will be a blast. Enjoy !

Sponsored

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The only people who think that the 3.6 manual works great in an Off Road, JEEP/Truck . are either coming from vehicles they have never taken off road to the extent of Jeeps capability's. or FCA sponsored . Why do you think they had to give it a 5:13 non crawler first gear .

MntMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
The only people who think that the 3.6 manual works great in an Off Road, JEEP/Truck . are either coming from vehicles they have never taken off road to the extent of Jeeps capability's. or FCA sponsored . Why do you think they had to give it a 5:13 non crawler first gear .
Its a jeep, its a truck, its a manual. Nothing else matters. I love this thing.

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
The manual transmission is one of the main reasons I bought the Gladiator. I recognize that the auto industry is working hard to kill off manual transmissions but I remain unabashedly devoted to rowing my own gears. This 6MT has some quirks for me and some strong points. On the downside, clutch take-up from first is unpredictable especially during the break-in. If you have a lot of manual experience you'll be surprised how difficult it is to start smoothly from a stop.. Once you're used to it and there has been some break in, all is forgiven. On the up side the shifting is very smooth and precise, shifting is very enjoyable throughout the range. In daily driving the box is really only a five speed, six gear only offers you an additional way to collect speeding tickets.. In my opinion this transmission feels like a quality piece of engineering. It's not a rock crusher of old, nor is it a sports car box. I find it to be a very confident light truck daily driver transmission.
I agree totally. Sometimes from a stop it’s quirky other times smooth. I thought it was me. I’ll be happy if it breaks in some. I still am under 1,000 miles.

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Curious What rpm are you shifting at?
I’m shifting at higher rpm’s across the board I think. I am often not looking when I’m shifting.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Picked her up tonight. 2021 Manual Mojave drives great. Very happy driving it back 50 miles from the dealership
Jeep Gladiator 6 Speed Manual Regrets? D8A50AF2-8BB3-48A4-A8F0-8C21B7A07500
Well enjoy it, M.T. will be good. I still enjoy driving my LJ 6 speed, but it's not got the MPG for me as D.D. oh I do like the color too, if the Mojave came out earlier I would have got that over the Max-Tow. I think it would ride better on roads around my local area.... Many "roads" here should have markings as 4×4 trail ;)

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Bull. Absolute BS. One of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on this or any other Jeep forum.

We are all now dumber for having even read it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
I agree totally. Sometimes from a stop it’s quirky other times smooth. I thought it was me. I’ll be happy if it breaks in some. I still am under 1,000 miles.
It'll break-in. Mine was a bucking bronco the first 1k or so. It will not only smooth out, but you will subconsciously adjust to it as you drive it more. Every manual transmission has quirky behavior of some kind paired with whatever the engine's peculiar characteristics are. My JK with the NSG 370 and 3.8 is an entirely different experience, from clutch to shifter to the way the engine behaves at different rpm to where the powerband is. Your brain and feet adjust. I can now go back and forth to the two Jeeps seemlessly, but it took getting used to. The JL clutch take-up is real quick. The JK doesn't take up until the pedal is nearly all the way out. Both work fine, just very different.

I'm so glad Jeep offered the manual in the JL and JT. And I'm thrilled to see younger people driving them. I just taught my 17 yo boy to drive it and he loves it. Now he's bugging the hell out of me to let him buy my JK. Nope! Lol! Btw, he LOVES the JL even more.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
My JT has a auto only because when I bought mine, every thing was shut down and I checked 6 dealers in FL, south Al and Ga could not locate a MT. That said the auto has been great so far (10K) but I still would prefer a MT. But that is personal opinion, and the fact most of the vehicles I have owned have been manuals. I learned to drive on a 50 Chevy P/U and my last manual was in a 2010 Mustang GT. I think you will be happy with either transmission.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
If the towing wasn't less, or lack of cold weather package, we might have looked at a manual.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I would like to know what the limiting factor in the tow rating is, if it's the clutch that can be pretty easily remedied.
If I recall correctly this was covered in a thread last winter. Someone quoted an FCA engineer as saying it was the clutch torque rating.
Sponsored