merc3065

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Diesel
I can only imagine what good steering feels like in a JT...maybe one day 😞
It’s no sports car feeling but it’s certainly day/night in comparison. The biggest change is the lack of wandering after any sort of slight bump and the steering slop is gone.

Hope yours gets sorted out soon!

Hurricane

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator-2019 wrangler unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Have been waiting since September. Dealer says they are only getting 1 a month. Going on 4 months and still part has not come in. Small dealer on Outer Banks. Wanted to see if it improved anything before ordering for my wife's JL. At this rate I am at a loss for words. Dealer insists they can't get the parts

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Have been waiting since September. Dealer says they are only getting 1 a month. Going on 4 months and still part has not come in. Small dealer on Outer Banks. Wanted to see if it improved anything before ordering for my wife's JL. At this rate I am at a loss for words. Dealer insists they can't get the parts
Hit up Jeep cares...send them a pm with your info.

Sponsored

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
148 pages! I would totally read all of these posts... but ain't nobody got time for that ;)

Anyone with a sport s have the dealer use larger tires as a reason for not completing the TSB? I have an appt scheduled for the 20th and I'm wondering if I should swap back to my factory wheels. The ones I have on right now are JLUR take-offs so I doubt they'll give me trouble, but just wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks!

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
148 pages! I would totally read all of these posts... but ain't nobody got time for that ;)

Anyone with a sport s have the dealer use larger tires as a reason for not completing the TSB? I have an appt scheduled for the 20th and I'm wondering if I should swap back to my factory wheels. The ones I have on right now are JLUR take-offs so I doubt they'll give me trouble, but just wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks!
LOL I doubt they would even notice. My faith in dealer service departments even being able to tell the difference in trim levels anymore is slim to none.

I have given up my search for local dealer to do TSB ...just dont have the patience anymore to deal with these idiots. Luckily my steering is not that bad.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So my dealer told me that I can bring it in with a lift and 35s now and they will do it...so I guess its time to install the lift finally.
Wow, they read the TSB part where it says lifts ok as long as it's still in service alignment specs. Amazing, one of them read the TSB!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Any recommendations for dealer in Central Florida area that will/can do the TSB without being d'bags? Closest to me are Greenway and Fields...both of which I have not had positive experience with in the past.

I bought mine form dealer in North Carolina so have yet to pick a dealer locally for any kind of service.
Sorry to hear of these concerns with your dealership, rafaelsmith. Our team can provide a list of other dealers in the area you can work with for repairs or work alongside you with the current dealer. Send us a private message if you're interested.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
I'm ready to go through this nightmare. My neighbor just had his 2021 JLUR done and wow, nice and tight.

I've got atleast a 2.5" dead spot and wandering. However the exact dealership that did his work turned away a lifted JT due to aftermarket upgrades... His JLUR has 3.5" MetalCloak gamechanger, falcon adjustable shocks and 37s. @JeepCares took care of him and his helping him with his wifes '21 JLUR as well.

deadbug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
Is a alignment necessary after the tsb is completed? I had mine done the other day and steering is much improved up to say 50mph than steering starts to feel a bit loose at highway speeds, still much better than it was, but not as good as lower speeds. Im thinking a alignment may straighten out that issue. Funny thing was the service dept that did the tsb said they did an alignment but doesn't show it on service description report.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Is a alignment necessary after the tsb is completed? I had mine done the other day and steering is much improved up to say 50mph than steering starts to feel a bit loose at highway speeds, still much better than it was, but not as good as lower speeds. Im thinking a alignment may straighten out that issue. Funny thing was the service dept that did the tsb said they did an alignment but doesn't show it on service description report.
Alignment is NOT part of the TSB - not required and not listed and they don't get reimbursed for it via the TSB.
So if they are doing it, they are doing it on their dime most likely, a "customer service" thing.
Now for the good part as far as the service department - there's nothing they can set except toe and steering wheel centering.
So saying "we did an alignment" means very little, a few minutes time and effort. It's not like IFS vehicles where doing an alignment means something, like caster, camber, toe and other stuff.
On the JT, you cannot change camber, you cannot change caster (without swapping control arms out) and the steering box swap has zero impact on toe. It MAY change the steering wheel centering if it was bad enough, but that's it.
An alignment on a JT means only checking things and setting toe and/or centering the steering wheel.

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
my dealer did you an alignment as part of the TSB, exactly as described above. they readjusted the toe to recenter the steering wheel. they didn't charge me for the alignment
Sponsored