Air Design hexagon grill

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
I might have to choose angry eyes or even eye lashes before this grill but to each their own. If you like it, dont let anyone say its ugly.

Sponsored

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Setting aside the aesthetics, since this is supposed to be a "Pro Performance" grill; I wonder if the total open airway in front of the radiator is that much larger than the JT Sport (one without extra accent trim) stock grill?

Even removing the honycomb backer from this hexagon grill, I doubt the cooling effect would be appreciably different from stock given that air flowing through the openings below and adjacent to the headlights won't pass through the radiator anyway. Seems like a toss-up to me; trading 6 thin and tall vertical obstructions for shorter verticals on top, a horizonal middle bar, and hexagons at the bottom.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
kinda reminds me of the soon to be released bronco front

Sponsored

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
It combines two designs to make the entire thing ghastly. It's the mullet of grills.

In all seriousness, and me just thinking off the top of my non-mulletted noggin, if it's increased airflow for cooling that is the goal, is it possible to add a secondary fan rather than trying to simply alter an opening with a fixed amount of square footage? Maybe add it to an aux. switch for those times when ya really need it? IDK just a thought.

EDIT: As another thought, if another fan(s) were situated near the undercarriage to evacuate the hot compartment air, that would help the primary fan draw cooler air in. Again, just a thought.

Cpt Adama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler XL
This website is being blocked by my router firewall as a malware site and also on my phone as well.