Sponsored

Should I put some spacers lift or do a mopar lift?

OLAF 4X4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Party Chief
I have a jeep gladiator rubicon diesel. I currently have 35s in it. There is no rubbing when I go off roading. I am going to install the 2.5 fox shocks in the future. But I think a 2 inch lift would make it look better. So I would like to do that before installing the shocks and the fox bump stops.

I am still debating in what to do tho. I want the 2 inch mopar lift but I honestly don’t need the shocks that it comes with. Is there a way to get the lift without the shocks? Or should I just do a spacer lift? I might possibly go with 37s once I’m done with the 35s…
i have been running the Mopar lift on my Rubicon diesel and the lift is horrible! my front end bottoms out on bump stops over normal road bumps. i do not recommend the Mopar lift! @JeepCares

OP
OP

Druidirvin

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon ecodiesel
Occupation
RRT
I
How about looking for a set of Mojave take-offs. I saw one listed in the members forum the other day. I believe those were $2400 for the shocks.
I saw them. But he is selling the whole suspension which I don’t need. So I rather buy the 2.5 shocks brand new just for a few bucks more.

OP
OP

Druidirvin

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RRT
OP
OP

Druidirvin

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RRT
i have been running the Mopar lift on my Rubicon diesel and the lift is horrible! my front end bottoms out on bump stops over normal road bumps. i do not recommend the Mopar lift! @JeepCares
I wonder if the shocks 2.5 would help with that a little bit more. That’s why I want some very good bump stops for the front. I want to get the suspension ready for now. Once I’m out of warranty…. I’ll be modyfing the engine 🤠

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
They look pretty good and I don’t have to cut….. for sure I’ll put them in the rear. I do have the budget for the front. I just hate that I have to cut.
I put my fronts in without cutting anything. Now I have a gasser and Im not familiar with the suspension so maybe modification is required for the fronts.

OP
OP

Druidirvin

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RRT
I put my fronts in without cutting anything. Now I have a gasser and Im not familiar with the suspension so maybe modification is required for the fronts.
Which ones did you use?

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I know this will seem like a dumb question, but you got the diesel specific version, right? The instructions in my kit had diesel specific steps, so just curious.

OLAF 4X4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Party Chief
I know this will seem like a dumb question, but you got the diesel specific version, right? The instructions in my kit had diesel specific steps, so just curious.
Yes sir. it was dealer installed and I had to wait over a month because it was on back order.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks for tagging us and sorry to hear about your concerns, OLAF 4X4. Feel free to shoot us a private message with more details if you plan to visit a dealer.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I have the Mopar lift with 37's.

20210701_115248.jpg

It's perfect for the off-roading I do, but I plan on adding a few additional pieces that this kit doesn't come with (adjustable track bars, heavy duty ball joints, etc.) because I plan on keeping this truck for a while, and I want to just beef it up slightly more than what the Mopar kit provides. As others have stated, there are better kits out there. Just depends on how you ultimately want your truck to perform. Not saying you're trying to turn your Rubicon into a Mojave, but if you like the ride of the Mojave that much better, maybe consider trading?? You can dump a ton of money trying to build a "Mojabicon", and ultimately still not be pleased with it.
I notice it looks like there is a lot of rake on your truck in that pic. Lift is on the way to me as we speak. I’m wondering if I should buy the leveling kit in addition to the 2” Mopar lift now? Anybody? Is it necessary if I don’t want rake?

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I notice it looks like there is a lot of rake on your truck in that pic. Lift is on the way to me as we speak. I’m wondering if I should buy the leveling kit in addition to the 2” Mopar lift now? Anybody? Is it necessary if I don’t want rake?
That photo is a little deceiving because I was parked on uneven ground. Here's a pic on level ground. There is still some rake though. I'm actually considering installing a leveling kit when I have my heavy duty ball joints installed. I don't mind a little rake, but I'm not trying to make it perfectly level either. Just depends on what look you're going for. Measuring to the bottom center of the front/rear fenders, my front sits about 1.0" to 1.5" lower than the rear. Hope this helps you make your decision.

Jeep Gladiator Should I put some spacers lift or do a mopar lift? 20210616_115713

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
That photo is a little deceiving because I was parked on uneven ground. Here's a pic on level ground. There is still some rake though. I'm actually considering installing a leveling kit when I have my heavy duty ball joints installed...
I'd just leave it as is. It looks great.

bwildoutside

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 eco diesel JT
The springs are still the same when it comes to mopar. I put the AEV lift on my rubi diesel and I can’t say enough good things about it. Road driving has improved. Articulation is better. Not the best in sand as it’s a much stiffer overland spring. I would stay away from the mopar stuff. Especially for the price they charge.
Sponsored