Sponsored

Anyone have any experience with Insane Audio?

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Cannot find the power rating for this head unit. Do you know what it is?
The HEIGH10 has a built in 4-channel amplifier with 50 watts of power per channel peek (25w RMS).
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
The HEIGH10 has a built in 4-channel amplifier with 50 watts of power per channel peek (25w RMS).
What is the IP Rating on this?

Being a Jeep, many of us are more prone to finding ourselves with water in the cab (rain or offroading) than other vehicles. So IP rating is a major concern.

Appreciate the time

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
What is the IP Rating on this?

Being a Jeep, many of us are more prone to finding ourselves with water in the cab (rain or offroading) than other vehicles. So IP rating is a major concern.

Appreciate the time
From their website:

Featuring a high-resolution, 10-inch capacitive touchscreen with 16.7 million colors for a full visual experience, HEIGH10® is designed to enhance screen size and infotainment features for drivers of any vehicle. The display and main tuner box offer a modular design, bolstering installation flexibility in space-limited applications––and in some cases, even where no installation dash kit is available.

HEIGH10 features Anti-Glare and Anti-Reflection technology for best outdoor visibility. Personalize your display with customizable RGB illumination to match factory illumination, or create your own.

Not waterproof. Not liquid/element resistant.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From their website:

Featuring a high-resolution, 10-inch capacitive touchscreen with 16.7 million colors for a full visual experience, HEIGH10® is designed to enhance screen size and infotainment features for drivers of any vehicle. The display and main tuner box offer a modular design, bolstering installation flexibility in space-limited applications––and in some cases, even where no installation dash kit is available.

HEIGH10 features Anti-Glare and Anti-Reflection technology for best outdoor visibility. Personalize your display with customizable RGB illumination to match factory illumination, or create your own.

oh balls missed that LOL.

Yea, then this is a hard pass

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
From their website:

Crap... Was really liking this unit, too.

Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I'm really liking it also...I plan well, but have been caught by surprise without the top several times throughout the years. I always have a roll of seran wrap (spelling??) just in case but that's a lot of $$....decisons, decisions....

Last edited:

Twizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
One of the things I liked about my old OEM 430N head unit in my JK was the display option for Sirius. I could set it to show, 6 at a time, stations presets or the artist on each station or the song being played. It allowed me to browse and not miss songs. Sadly, UC4 did not bring this feature over.

Yes, I can get that via Apple CarPlay but the Sirius app can be flaky, sometimes it updates all of my presets, other times just one or two of them. Recent updates have made the app more reliable.

So does the Stinger unit have this feature? Could we see some videos of the sat radio function in action?

Also, unlike the Alpine unit, I assume this works out of the box with the Premium System?

LoPing

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Account Manager
I know this is an older thread, but I just went down a long road of trying to decide between the Stinger, IA JL3001, or the OEM 8.4". After learning that the Stinger doesn't show album art while using XM, it not having any weather resistance at all, and the price I went with the IA JL3. I have read mixed reviews about both units with most people having positive things to say about both units. Just sounds like the customization and app support are way ahead of the Stinger. Stinger is probably better for someone who goes off roading a lot and wants all of that diagnostic vehicle data, whereas the IA is going to be for someone who like customizing their units, is really into music, and videos with serious GPS on/off road capabilities. Hope I didn't make a mistake with the JL3, but we will see when it arrives on Thursday.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know this is an older thread, but I just went down a long road of trying to decide between the Stinger, IA JL3001, or the OEM 8.4". After learning that the Stinger doesn't show album art while using XM, it not having any weather resistance at all, and the price I went with the IA JL3. I have read mixed reviews about both units with most people having positive things to say about both units. Just sounds like the customization and app support are way ahead of the Stinger. Stinger is probably better for someone who goes off roading a lot and wants all of that diagnostic vehicle data, whereas the IA is going to be for someone who like customizing their units, is really into music, and videos with serious GPS on/off road capabilities. Hope I didn't make a mistake with the JL3, but we will see when it arrives on Thursday.
The JL3 also comes with an OBD port item for diagnostics. I never used it so I don't know if that is worth it or not.

After many months with my JL3, I do not regret it at all.

Just be very careful pulling the old radio off. The clips holding it in sometimes fall off so you want to not lose any lol. This would go for any install but just watch it

LoPing

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Account Manager
The JL3 also comes with an OBD port item for diagnostics. I never used it so I don't know if that is worth it or not.

After many months with my JL3, I do not regret it at all.

Just be very careful pulling the old radio off. The clips holding it in sometimes fall off so you want to not lose any lol. This would go for any install but just watch it
Thanks for that update. Does your Sirius XM work well and are you using your phone full time as the hotspot or did you buy a dedicated hotspot? I have an iPhone 12 and am a little concerned with the integration with Apple.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that update. Does your Sirius XM work well and are you using your phone full time as the hotspot or did you buy a dedicated hotspot? I have an iPhone 12 and am a little concerned with the integration with Apple.
Speaking to the guys at IA, most of them have iPhones so there should be no issue there.

I don't use my hotspot much, but it works perfectly when I do. I don't use XM so I can't comment on that but I can double check later today the radio options to see if XM is there. I am fairly confident you still can but can't guarantee it. Email IA about this, they tend to answer the same day for stuff.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Curious - I read the IA will stop any videos when the parking break isnt on. How does it do that with Android as its core.... It can stop all sources of videos?

Im not planning to stream netflix and drive, I am just curious how that works in practice.

OP
OP
Bunchahoopla

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Curious - I read the IA will stop any videos when the parking break isnt on. How does it do that with Android as its core.... It can stop all sources of videos?

Im not planning to stream netflix and drive, I am just curious how that works in practice.
Not true….here is Netflix I had on for the kids on a road trip…apologize for the glare:

543863E8-C0E3-4F0E-ADCD-4AE99B329518.jpeg

LoPing

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Account Manager
I had the IA in for a month and returned it. Always had issues with it immediately connecting to my phones hotspot and that's the issue with the IA. It's completely dependent on your phones hotspot for anything aside from thumb drive, micro SD, and AM/FM. If you go out of service then you don't have XM, or Netflix, Amazon etc.

I ended up with OEM 8.4 and couldn't be happier with it. The IA was just wonky..even when it was connected to my phone (which I had to do every time) the XM / Sirrus app was not on the proper resolution and it was very difficult to pickthe stations you wanted to listen too.

Not true….here is Netflix I had on for the kids on a road trip…apologize for the glare:

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have any experience with Insane Audio? 543863E8-C0E3-4F0E-ADCD-4AE99B329518

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Thought saw somewhere that Stinger next version will be Waterproof. Then will give it a look see
Sponsored