Sponsored

2022 Rumors?

InvertedAerialX

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on 2023 Gladiator Diesel (long story)
Occupation
Flight Dispatcher / Aircraft Maintenance Engineer /
What options are you getting?!?! Diamond-encrusted shift knobs and Louis Vuitton leather?
Thank you! I needed to laugh! Unfortunately I am not kidding. The price is a little far fetched now. Unfortunately for my i wasn't able to buy earlier as I work for an Airline and have only recently been called back to work. I honestly have no idea what to do now. I am less that pleased. I WANT a Gladiator, but ... $100,000 for a Gladiator? Doesn't that buy me a Nissan GTR??? Or a BMW M5? Hell it's the starting price of a Grand Wagoneer!

Sorry Jeep, I think you just went a little far. I can get a Power Wagon, Fully Loaded Ram Rebel, Fully Loaded Ford F-150 Tremor, or SuperDuty Tremor for the same price, and my towing numbers are quite a bit higher! Not to mention, while the Tremor's don't have front locking diffs, they do have Torsen front axles. And considering my rock crawling will be minimal....

BUT DAMMIT I WANT ONE!!!
Sponsored

InvertedAerialX

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on 2023 Gladiator Diesel (long story)
Occupation
Flight Dispatcher / Aircraft Maintenance Engineer /
Holy shit, did you add an extra zero or something? And damn, those Canadian taxes are no joke. Guess Iā€™ll stop complaining about Marylandā€™s 6% sales tax.

I could go buy it in Alberta and save 10% on taxes....hmmmmm.....

bailer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Holy shit, did you add an extra zero or something? And damn, those Canadian taxes are no joke. Guess Iā€™ll stop complaining about Marylandā€™s 6% sales tax.
Thatā€™s the ā€œfreeā€ healthcare we Canadians brag about! šŸ¤Ŗ

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
What options are you getting?!?! Diamond-encrusted shift knobs and Louis Vuitton leather?
Hermes steering wheel.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Funny stuff, but seriously if thereā€™s a $0 increase in the base price and a $12k(!) increase in the options and this is via the notoriously bad online configurator it seems like the numbers may be wrong. Iā€™d confirm before ordering something else. Little reason for Stellantis to raise Gladiator prices that much while not touching Ram prices.

Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I wrote Travis at Tri-City telling him I was ready to buy when the '22s were open for orders and that I didn't trust the Jeep Build Site so I wanted him to go over whatever options are available as we develop the order.

He wrote back and said good to go and he'd let me know when we could start an order. No time line given so it looks like even the high volume dealers have no clue when it comes to the '22 Gladiators.

UM_Ftown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
The new updated Silverado is supposed to get unveiled on 9/9 so maybe other automaker news will motivate Jeep / Stellantis for something.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Just checked Donlen, and they still say '22 orders open 9/9 (JL is 10/5). What's special about 9/9 for it to show up on two automaker's calendars? That said, Donlen has proven unreliable, and I'm not sure the Silverado and JT are competition enough for that to be very motivating to Jeep. Could be wrong. It'd be nice. Texas show is 9/21 or 25, and that's where my worthless and imaginary money is currently riding.

Ry89JT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Just checked Donlen, and they still say '22 orders open 9/9 (JL is 10/5). What's special about 9/9 for it to show up on two automaker's calendars? That said, Donlen has proven unreliable, and I'm not sure the Silverado and JT are competition enough for that to be very motivating to Jeep. Could be wrong. It'd be nice. Texas show is 9/21 or 25, and that's where my worthless and imaginary money is currently riding.
If Jeep doesn't hurry up my money might be going elsewhere. Been watching a lot of Rivian R1T videos lately.

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Is the Rivian something you can buy?
Cheapest one so far is 60K after rebate, so it's almost on par with a nice JTR. I have debated it endlessly, and will not for some basic reasons:
  • It will be a major attention-grabber. I don't want that in my life.
  • I would really only want to afford the cheapest, feature-locked version.
  • Major range anxiety, made worse by a lacking charger infrastructure.
That last point is easily the biggest. If it was a Tesla I would be considering it more, but even then part of the reason for a JT is to go get lost in faraway places.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
One of the big reasons I havenā€™t pulled the trigger on an order already is that I love the Diesel engine, and I love the Mojave suspension, so Iā€™ve been doing 100 different cost and feature analysis on whether I want a Mojave, Rubicon Diesel, or Overland diesel + build it. It doesnā€™t seem like Diesel Mojave will be a 2022 option, but maybe my option paralysis will prolong it enough where I c an confirm for sure.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
One of the big reasons I havenā€™t pulled the trigger on an order already is that I love the Diesel engine, and I love the Mojave suspension, so Iā€™ve been doing 100 different cost and feature analysis on whether I want a Mojave, Rubicon Diesel, or Overland diesel + build it. It doesnā€™t seem like Diesel Mojave will be a 2022 option, but maybe my option paralysis will prolong it enough where I c an confirm for sure.
Can pretty much guarantee you they won't make a Mojave diesel because the high dollar suspension would need to be completely redeveloped for the diesel and all the testing that goes along with it.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
Can pretty much guarantee you they won't make a Mojave diesel because the high dollar suspension would need to be completely redeveloped for the diesel and all the testing that goes along with it.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking, the fox shocks would probably have to be valved differently to get the same ride. Even knowing that itā€™s hard to make a decision. Ugh, I have no idea what I want to go with.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking, the fox shocks would probably have to be valved differently to get the same ride. Even knowing that itā€™s hard to make a decision. Ugh, I have no idea what I want to go with.
What really makes it hard is that they're bypass shocks. Bypass really has a narrow tuning window as you only have 2 inches or so of travel where the bypass is effective. Given that it's supposed to be desert rated they would need to redevelop springs that would keep the ride where they want and redo the whole shocks with new custom shocks from fox to handle the large about of extra weight.
Sponsored