Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Business Owner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in San Diego and just picked up my Mojave in early December 2021. I purchased it in Arizona for $49,699. MRSP was $56,000. Every dealership I looked at in Southern California had a minimum $5000 upcharge over MSRP and many were $10,000 over MSRP.
Sponsored

Cripton805

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
So if fun is the focus with some 'I can move a couch or lumber or whatever the heck my wife wants this weekend occasionally' is your only real need, why not get a Mojave or Rubicon as the superior trim?
It's only my opinion. I think the Gladiator is a truck first before a Jeep. The best offroad midsize truck. With an emphasis on the "midsize". The reason why I say that and why I feel like I can say that. I owned a Wrangler before the Gladiator. It can't touch it offroad. The break over and departure angle on the Wrangler is so far superior to the Gladiator. It drives like a completely different animal.

So, if you were to get the Rubicon / Mojave trims on the Gladiator. While they are great. I still don't think it will ever shine and touch the Wrangler. Might as well get the Dana 44 wide axles and increase the payload on the truck. The LSD is just fine. Just drove through 2 feet of snow and mud this weekend in my Willys without any issues. The LSD works great in just about everything but rocks. The Willys and Max tow both have the LSD.

People like their trucks and put 37s / 4inch lifts. They can make it better. But to each their own. If they want to go rock crawling on their Gladiators and drag and scrape the breakover literally everywhere. They can do what they want, I guess. lol

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
It's only my opinion. I think the Gladiator is a truck first before a Jeep. The best offroad midsize truck. With an emphasis on the "midsize". The reason why I say that and why I feel like I can say that. I owned a Wrangler before the Gladiator. It can't touch it offroad. The break over and departure angle on the Wrangler is so far superior to the Gladiator. It drives like a completely different animal.

So, if you were to get the Rubicon / Mojave trims on the Gladiator. While they are great. I still don't think it will ever shine and touch the Wrangler. Might as well get the Dana 44 wide axles and increase the payload on the truck. The LSD is just fine. Just drove through 2 feet of snow and mud this weekend in my Willys without any issues. The LSD works great in just about everything but rocks. The Willys and Max tow both have the LSD.

People like their trucks and put 37s / 4inch lifts. They can make it better. But to each their own. If they want to go rock crawling on their Gladiators and drag and scrape the breakover literally everywhere. They can do what they want, I guess. lol
Take a Wrangler to SoCal dunes, even a 392, and try and keep up with a Mojave. The wheelbase is a strength in the desert and the Mojave setup will smoke any other trim there.

Cripton805

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Take a Wrangler to SoCal dunes, even a 392, and try and keep up with a Mojave. The wheelbase is a strength in the desert and the Mojave setup will smoke any other trim there.
On my other post. I mentioned the Mojave being best on Sand.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Ok, we’ve given the OP every bit of advice on here and he hasn’t shared the VIN or build sheet info. He either think someone will swoop in and snatch it out from under him, doesn’t want to be jabbed for overpaying, or he’s having serious seconds thoughts about buy a vehicle that everyone test drove for the past year.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I'm in San Diego and just picked up my Mojave in early December 2021. I purchased it in Arizona for $49,699. MRSP was $56,000. Every dealership I looked at in Southern California had a minimum $5000 upcharge over MSRP and many were $10,000 over MSRP.
this is the kind of deal you should be able to get on a jeep. Wife and i bought new in late 2020. My mojave stickered at 60-61, i paid $49xxx. Her GC stickered at $52, i paid $36xxx.

jeeps are over priced as new. Negotiate one on the lot to a deep discount.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Ok, we’ve given the OP every bit of advice on here and he hasn’t shared the VIN or build sheet info. He either think someone will swoop in and snatch it out from under him, doesn’t want to be jabbed for overpaying, or he’s having serious seconds thoughts about buy a vehicle that everyone test drove for the past year.
OP has been a member for over a year and his first post is complaining about the cost of a Mojave.

I think he has been tire kicking all year and has commitment anxiety.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
OP has been a member for over a year and his first post is complaining about the cost of a Mojave.

I think he has been tire kicking all year and has commitment anxiety.
“Anxiety”. Yep. If he got the vin then we could give him better options. I know, opinions are like….we all have them, but at least we’d be able to gauge the value and throw out some pros/cons.

Mvitch

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Financial Advisor
Probably because not much need for a Mojave in VA. There's a few details like double welded frame in parts, but if you're not getting into the frame like that so what?

You can buy those Mojave shocks after market, and the after market versions are adjustable.
Love my Mojave!!! If you want the best riding Jeep at highway speed and get off road, hunting and fishing but NOT serious trails needing a “rock crawler” the Mojave is perfect. If you want a rig to modify modify modify don’t waste your money on it. I believe my usage would work great in Virginia as in Idaho
Chukar hunting over bumpy basalt rock roads and washboard style dirt roads caused by tanks on maneuvers on the Yakima firing center are a breeze with the Mojave STOCK setup. What serious options don’t come on a Mojave???

Sponsored

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Thanks for all the responses...I will admit it is priced high ($67800 out the door), they have budged a little on the price, but considering how long it's been on their lot you would think they would be more flexible.
Fully loaded optioned Mojave is a tad over $60k, they will never sell it at almost 68k.

Stubborn GSM at that dealer most likely.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Love my Mojave!!! If you want the best riding Jeep at highway speed and get off road, hunting and fishing but NOT serious trails needing a “rock crawler” the Mojave is perfect. If you want a rig to modify modify modify don’t waste your money on it. I believe my usage would work great in Virginia as in Idaho
Chukar hunting over bumpy basalt rock roads and washboard style dirt roads caused by tanks on maneuvers on the Yakima firing center are a breeze with the Mojave STOCK setup. What serious options don’t come on a Mojave???
Yeah but you can just buy those shocks aftermarket, and they'd be adjustable then too and you could by them in a longer length so you don't have to use extensions if you lift it.

You can even go a level up from them to Factory Race if you really wanted.

Mvitch

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Financial Advisor
Yeah but you can just buy those shocks aftermarket, and they'd be adjustable then too and you could by them in a longer length so you don't have to use extensions if you lift it.

You can even go a level up from them to Factory Race if you really wanted.
You have to change the Mojave springs ( they make the great ride everyday as much as the shocks). There are several YouTube videos comparing the Mojave and Rubicon. Oh, and by the way I get 23-24 mpg on trips with two adults, two dogs, suitcases, coolers and cruising I-90 at 75 mph. It’s already 1” higher than Rubicon stock. Mods with bigger tires lifted etc kill mileage. The gear ratios on the Mojave are designed for higher speeds in 4 wheel high than Rubicon. 1” wider wheel base as well. I drove a new Rubicon and Mojave both on M/Ts and it’s night and day on the interstate

Last edited:

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
You have to change the Mojave springs ( they make the great ride everyday as much as the shocks). There are several YouTube videos comparing the Mojave and Rubicon. Oh, and by the way I get 23-24 mpg on trips with two adults, two dogs, suitcases, coolers and cruising I-90 at 75 mph. It’s already 1” higher than Rubicon stock. Mods with bigger tires lifted etc kill mileage. The gear ratios on the Mojave are designed for higher speeds in 4 wheel high than other Gladiators
Sure, you can just swap in those springs with some correction brackets. Few hours work.

The gearing package on the Mojave is the same as Max Tow Sport. Same transmission, 2.72 crawl box, and 4.10 differentials.

Mojave's are definitely cool, but in terms of the 'best riding Jeep' you're certainly able to accomplish the same in a Sport S if you want. The parts are available.
Sponsored