Sponsored

Cancel Order because Gobi is now available?

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel Gobi
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
Hello EVERYONE! New to the site due to me ordering a new Diesel Overland… but I do have a question, I ordered mine in the Granite color as I had to settle because I’ve been waiting a year and a half for the Gobi color to come back. Well it didn’t at all in 2021 and then early this year I was almost forced to order one because of my Tundra not doing so well. Anyways….

Question…If my Gladiator is all ready on its way to the dealership… can I still cancel my order and order a new one in the Gobi color? Or will they make me buy the other one?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
they can't make you buy anything. but always keep in mind they are not legally required to order you another one when you've already demonstrated to them that your tastes are mercurial.

If your overland was ordered with a popular equipment package, they probably wont care. Just another stock unit they might not have been able to get without a retail order that they can probably sell reasonably easily.

If you ordered something odd like an Overland premium softtop diesel with body side graphics, leather, safety , adaptive, and LEDs but no trailer tow, switches, or cold weather then they're probably going to be pretty annoyed you ordered a 60k turkey and aren't taking it.

that being said consult your state laws about deposit return conditions. At my old dealership if someone wanted to order an oddball, the deposit price was higher than if they ordered something common. And if they didn't take their turkey when it arrived, we returned the deposit to them as store credit that they had to use within one year of original deposit date with our service or parts department.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
I suspect that your dealer will be happy if you declined to buy it. They'll just turn around and sell it quickly due to limited stock. It's not like they're losing a sale, plus they get a new unit to sell. Just explain your situation to them

OP
OP
G3N1U5

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
they can't make you buy anything. but always keep in mind they are not legally required to order you another one when you've already demonstrated to them that your tastes are mercurial.

If your overland was ordered with a popular equipment package, they probably wont care. Just another stock unit they might not have been able to get without a retail order that they can probably sell reasonably easily.

If you ordered something odd like an Overland premium softtop diesel with body side graphics, leather, safety , adaptive, and LEDs but no trailer tow, switches, or cold weather then they're probably going to be pretty annoyed you ordered a 60k turkey and aren't taking it.

that being said consult your state laws about deposit return conditions. At my old dealership if someone wanted to order an oddball, the deposit price was higher than if they ordered something common. And if they didn't take their turkey when it arrived, we returned the deposit to them as store credit that they had to use within one year of original deposit date with our service or parts department.
I suspect that your dealer will be happy if you declined to buy it. They'll just turn around and sell it quickly due to limited stock. It's not like they're losing a sale, plus they get a new unit to sell. Just explain your situation to them
They actually just called me and said that if I wanted to make the change the only thing I have to do is build it again online and then send it to them and they will order it... The grey one I ordered at the end of Feb this year is going to be at the dealership next week... they said exactly what you said @legacy_etu "this is a diesel gladiator, we will sell this in less than a week!" I think with that said, I am going to go with that Gobi colored one... I might lose some current incentives right now but at least I will be getting what I've always wanted or wanted to begin with....

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Well...since Gobi is the BEST color....followed by sarge and gator....IMHO

Hello EVERYONE! New to the site due to me ordering a new Diesel Overland… but I do have a question, I ordered mine in the Granite color as I had to settle because I’ve been waiting a year and a half for the Gobi color to come back. Well it didn’t at all in 2021 and then early this year I was almost forced to order one because of my Tundra not doing so well. Anyways….

Question…If my Gladiator is all ready on its way to the dealership… can I still cancel my order and order a new one in the Gobi color? Or will they make me buy the other one?
IMG_0013.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
G3N1U5

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
Well...since Gobi is the BEST color....followed by sarge and gator....IMHO

Jeep Gladiator Cancel Order because Gobi is now available? IMG_0013
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOVE THIS PICTURE ANY MORE THAN I ALL READY HAVE

ONE MORE QUESTION....

If I order the FREEDOM body color match top... and I add the SUNRIDER for hardtop, will I get all the freedom panels plus have the SUNRIDER as an add on? like it will come separately? from the dealer/factory?

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I'd ask your dealer directly and get that in writing.

Personally I like the black top with Gobi....the but get what you want, color you want and EXACTLY how you want it. If you go with the Black Rhino rims in tan they are heavy, but your diesel will not care. No regearing for you.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOVE THIS PICTURE ANY MORE THAN I ALL READY HAVE

ONE MORE QUESTION....

If I order the FREEDOM body color match top... and I add the SUNRIDER for hardtop, will I get all the freedom panels plus have the SUNRIDER as an add on? like it will come slack and separately? from the dealer/factory?
Jeep Gladiator Cancel Order because Gobi is now available? 66344769596__44EC48DC-5FE7-4F98-ABA7-CCA5838563D8

OP
OP
G3N1U5

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
I'd ask your dealer directly and get that in writing.

Personally I like the black top with Gobi....the but get what you want, color you want and EXACTLY how you want it. If you go with the Black Rhino rims in tan they are heavy, but your diesel will not care. No regearing for you.

Jeep Gladiator Cancel Order because Gobi is now available? 4AB966BD-294B-4A27-8298-14A773AC0FB8
that thing is beautiful!!!!!

Just ordered my GLADIATOR DIESEL!!! Dealership was more than happy to change my order even though the original order will be here by next week... like they said "It will be sold in a week!" and they need the inventory.... so I ordered the GOBI color and black seats, I think the tan color seats will stain too quickly! and I ordered the matching color freedom top with the extra sunrider. I did speak to my dealer about it and he said I will get all the freedom parts plus the sunrider in the back seat in a big box. I can do Sunrider in the summer and hard top in the winter... which in florida, Doesn't exist really.... anyways, NOW I am beyond excited!

Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I'm glad that worked out for you. I liked Sarge just as much as Gobi, so wasn't heartbroken when it was no longer available when I ordered. But if they had both been gone, I'd have been ordering a color that wasn't my dream Jeep, and would have felt a little sadness every time one of those colors drove by. I would have chosen waiting 6 months over settling on a color that wasn't for me. Although there's not a Gladiator color yet I dislike, getting one of those military shades mattered a lot to me. Others aren't concerned about color at all, but if it matters to you, it's good you're getting exactly what you want.

OP
OP
G3N1U5

G3N1U5

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Costco Wholesale Inc.
I'm glad that worked out for you. I liked Sarge just as much as Gobi, so wasn't heartbroken when it was no longer available when I ordered. But if they had both been gone, I'd have been ordering a color that wasn't my dream Jeep, and would have felt a little sadness every time one of those colors drove by. I would have chosen waiting 6 months over settling on a color that wasn't for me. Although there's not a Gladiator color yet I dislike, getting one of those military shades mattered a lot to me. Others aren't concerned about color at all, but if it matters to you, it's good you're getting exactly what you want.
@blueridge bro, as someone that served in the military and have been to that DAMN DESERT! yes, it is important to me... its important to me that I remember my past and not forget my friends/family/brothers that made the ultimate sacrifice.... so THANK YOU JEEP for bringing back a color that means more to some than others.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Congratulations on the new build… another bit of time to wait but it will be worth it. And yes gobi is killer… I had it on my previous JKUR.

DAB823CA-BF71-4D0F-8A14-4A213D502EEE.jpeg

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
If you want a Gobi, change your order. My JTSD took only 7 weeks.

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
If you want a Gobi, change your order. My JTSD took only 7 weeks.
I’m at 4 weeks today on my gobi order and was told “there is no timeline” on my build and I’m still patiently waiting in the scheduling phase….
Sponsored