What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Jeepbreath

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo stelvio
Installed the Mopar "cold" air kit. (Not cutting the hood and installing the flap). Not expecting much, the pipe from the air box to the throttle body is a lot larger, high flow filter and the air box cover is also different.

Also oil change and wheel rotation.

i-zZwx5H8-L.jpg
Please let us know if you feel any performance difference, sound difference, mpg difference. Thank you
Sponsored

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
Installed the Mopar "cold" air kit. (Not cutting the hood and installing the flap). Not expecting much, the pipe from the air box to the throttle body is a lot larger, high flow filter and the air box cover is also different.
Mine came with the cold air intake already installed. What's this flap you're talking about?

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Please let us know if you feel any performance difference, sound difference, mpg difference. Thank you
You will basically only notice more noise. If you are thinking it will improve mileage, you will be disappointed.
How do I know? I have one on my Mojave.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
You will basically only notice more noise. If you are thinking it will improve mileage, you will be disappointed.
How do I know? I have one on my Mojave.
Agreed. Pretty much any cold air intake without having a proper tune is throwing money down the drain. Most will get some very short term gains but once the stock PCM adaptive learning catches up with the new increased air density and compensates for it, the cold air intake just becomes a noise box.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Agreed. Pretty much any cold air intake without having a proper tune is throwing money down the drain. Most will get some very short term gains but once the stock PCM adaptive learning catches up with the new increased air density and compensates for it, the cold air intake just becomes a noise box.
Don't get me wrong. It does sound tough as h*ll along with the AWE exhaust when you jump on it.

Just hated to see someone make the purchase thinking it will help their mileage, or vastly up the performance.
Or even worse, pay for itself in gas savings.

Would I do it again, probably not, but it does sound really good.;)

Sponsored

bailer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I really like your idea. Did the spray liner add much thickness and make parts tight or not line up with the tailgate, or did you account for that in the setup?
I had allowed for some thickness, but honestly the coated boards probably slide in easier than the raw lumber did.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I guess I live a purty clean life.

Noted a lot of posts with low mileage Gladiators with nasty engine air filters, and cabin air filters.

As long as I was going in, I thought I'd have better replacements on hand.

Went with the Mopar "Hi Po" cleanable air filter.

K&N cleanable cabin filters too.

Geesh they weren't that bad ................

Popped the new ones in anyhoo.

DSCF4276.JPG

DSCF4277.JPG

DSCF4278.JPG

DSCF4279.JPG

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
Received today and installed a MPS over head molle panel. Ordered from molle platform solutions. This one is for soft tops only. Now I have a place to have my sunglasses and other things at a decent place I can reach! It came with self tapping screws but instead I drilled out the holes and tapped it out with a size of 6mm×1. I know not much metal area to tap but it's holding great ..

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220407_155933

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220407_160001

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220407_163323

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220407_163335

Mocazen

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Traveler
Wanted to add a little more lift in the front(running an AEV 2" kit) but didn't want to hassle with another lift and also was looking at LED lights. So I ordered the Rugged Ridge LED Chop fender kit for the Gladiator and thought it will look nice and also make the front look slightly higher. Quadratec emailed me that the order was backordered so in the meantime, I order the Quake Smoke LED Chop light kit.

The reason I wanted the Rugged Ridged set was because of the use of the inner liner, so I decided to modify with scissors, a drill, and a lighter and was able to mold and cut the liner. I made 4 additional holes for the liner to be held in place with the plastic trees(one on each light and one on both side on the frame).

I started the removal of the inner liners the day before to take my time, overall not a bad experience.

Tried my best to keep it looking somewhat stock. If I ever get the Rugged Ridge ones I will get another set of inner liners and make better cuts and moldings. Sorry for the dirty pics:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Jeep S R
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Jeep F R
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Jeep F L
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Jeep S2
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Jeep Str

Dawgfan89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2013 Chevrolet Camaro
Occupation
Web Developer
Got the new wheels and tires installed on it yesterday - Fuel Tactic wheels and BFG T/A KO2 (285/70R/17) tires. Also installed a Smartliner bed mat and swapped the silver front trim bezels for the black. Added the front license plate bracket as well and put on one of my UGA tags.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DCD09E78-7D1E-4079-BB41-2320D73B9AFB

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1E69DCD6-9CDA-4D04-BF0D-8201FA1FF0FF

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] BC7802A4-31FD-401F-863A-60C015D4A81D

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 3BCCB15A-29B9-4EFE-8BC5-E8BC72B189BA

Sponsored

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Coming up on a year of ownership (I've only put 2430 miles on it) so I knocked out my first oil change and put a Fumoto valve on. I wish I would have used a decibel meter for a before/after comparison. I swear the engine runs so much smoother and quieter on Royal Purple.

Last edited:

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Installed Amp Research step rails.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I didn’t get pictures… my bad… but installed the z automotive front camera… all I can say to the jeep engineers is that stop using a stupid plastic plug on the firewall… go back to rubber!
Sponsored