Sponsored

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
No apology or anything. Just told me to file a claim with my insurance.
Figured that, jeep customer service sucks. I’m sure the dealership will put the blame on you some how. Sorry for you loss, was very nice looking

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I would lawyer up, just to make sure someone other than me pays for anything, to include second and third order effects..
... and then when lawsuit/settlement over provided no gag, go scorched earth on the dealer:

Yelp
Google
BBB
State BAR ( auto repair not legal )
Letters to Jeep

Dealers get away with being scum because not enough people do this.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I don't share all you guys apparent default opinion that "ALL dealers are "scum". ALL anything isn't one thing. Nothing like categorical thinking to eliminate the possibility of actually THINKING.

People are people, some good, some not so good and a (very) few truly bad - we just hear about them more because there are hundreds of cable channels, internet sites and social media places that have 24/7/365 places to fill.

And just so you don't "think" it's easy for me to say because it didn't happen to my truck, not so fast. This was my purchased-new 2008 Chevy 3500 crew dually 4x4 the day I bought it on my birthday in '08 and in '16 with only 49,000 miles on it. It was just as clean if not cleaner the day it burnt to the ground. No, it wasn't a dealer error. it was MY error.

Parked it for two weeks next to our grapevine while on vacation. Rats nested under the turbo piping with leaves, twigs, etc. How do I know? My son-in-law used it that day and stopped to fill it and SAW a rat scurry out from under it at the gas station. He laughed, not thinking what it might mean. KILLS me to this day that such a beautiful rig was totally destroyed.

4783948F-751A-45F2-8EFA-AB331826B3A7_1_105_c.jpeg
7ECE7AC3-900F-4328-892A-2C76C0C244C7.jpeg

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Typical.

This makes me LOL at the thread where people are getting virtuous "I would NEVER lie to a dealer". Dealers are scum.
Here's the difference between you and I.
I have lines that never move.
Everyone knows exactly where they stand with me. I don't base what I do on who you are.
Your lines move - you have proven that with the statement that you would lie to a dealer or have someone else lie for you. You base your honesty on who the other person is or your like or dislike of them.
(I could never do business with you because your lines move)

If a dealer crosses me, watch out. Because I won't lie or bend the truth anywhere, when or if I go after someone, no other attorney can catch me in bending truth. I'll use ever means available, every legal avenue. I spare no time or expense.

A dealer may be "Scum" or untrustworthy, but I won't tarnish my own reputation. That line is solid.
I won't lower myself to the level of someone else. And there's zero shame in that. It also gets you a heck of a lot farther if you ever need anything in the future. Your word is gold.
But you act like that is a really bad thing, something to be mocked.

I walked away from a job a a mechanic years ago because of what I saw others doing, and what the boss wanted me to do......... got my truck, loaded my tools up, drove away and never said a word. (I was so pissed there'd have been some trouble if I had)

There are good shops, there are bad shops. There are good managers who do their best, and there are those who cut corners. Even a good shop can end up with a crap mechanic. I've been there, seen it. The stuff I've seen is scary, on the other hand, I've worked with some top people, best of the best.
If this was a mistake by an otherwise good tech, it was a tragic one for sure. Very tragic, and it will cost more than the truck's owner along the way.
But this is internet, where people gather to share things like this, making it look like all shops and all who work in them are scum. Saying that is the same as saying then I must be among them - I worked in shops, I was a mechanic for many years - so I must do crap work.

This is just crazy how some love, and maybe LIVE, to do the pile-on thing. this proves ALL shops are crap, all dealers are crap and anyone who works at a dealership is crap.

And I'm a piece of shit because I disagree with fraudulent records or lying. It's ok if you lie to dealers because they are scum.

Mr.Wilson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and a JL
This would absolutely suck! The worse part of this is that replacing it right now would be near impossible. At least where I live anyways. Glad nobody was hurt !

lowso

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
cocksman
I don't share all you guys apparent default opinion that "ALL dealers are "scum". ALL anything isn't one thing. Nothing like categorical thinking to eliminate the possibility of actually THINKING.

People are people, some good, some not so good and a (very) few truly bad - we just hear about them more because there are hundreds of cable channels, internet sites and social media places that have 24/7/365 places to fill.

And just so you don't "think" it's easy for me to say because it didn't happen to my truck, not so fast. This was my purchased-new 2008 Chevy 3500 crew dually 4x4 the day I bought it on my birthday in '08 and in '16 with only 49,000 miles on it. It was just as clean if not cleaner the day it burnt to the ground. No, it wasn't a dealer error. it was MY error.

Parked it for two weeks next to our grapevine while on vacation. Rats nested under the turbo piping with leaves, twigs, etc. How do I know? My son-in-law used it that day and stopped to fill it and SAW a rat scurry out from under it at the gas station. He laughed, not thinking what it might mean. KILLS me to this day that such a beautiful rig was totally destroyed.

Jeep Gladiator Fire Fire! My Gladiator burned down 7ECE7AC3-900F-4328-892A-2C76C0C244C7
Jeep Gladiator Fire Fire! My Gladiator burned down 7ECE7AC3-900F-4328-892A-2C76C0C244C7
lol..maybe not all...but just every dealer in the state of NJ

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
This makes me LOL at the thread where people are getting virtuous "I would NEVER lie to a dealer". Dealers are scum.
Just because some dealerships and their respective agents are okay with lowering their ethical standards does not mean you have to compromise yours. What you recommended in the thread you are referencing was not only unethical but likely illegal.

Would I falsify service records like you recommended? Nope. Would I give too much information that would give them a right to refuse my warranty claim? Nope.

To OP, I am very sorry for your loss. I hope the dealer can be held responsible for this as all signs point to this being their fault.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Good Lord, that is terrifying. I am glad you are OK. Hopefully the next bit with the insurance company and the lawyers is not too terribly painful.

Brekka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Wrangler Rubicon
RIP. Glad you're ok. I'm sure the dealer will assume no liability, hope it doesn't screw you on insurance rates later, or with payoff.
Sponsored