First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Butcher
I like the manual but so far this auto has been perfect.
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Most of the cars I have owned have been manuals, including my 2018 JLR I owned several years ago. I would loved to have my JT as a manual, but the gearing in the manual is horrible. In this case, I’d rather drive an auto, which I do with my 21 Mojave.

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Most of the cars I have owned have been manuals, including my 2018 JLR I owned several years ago. I would loved to have my JT as a manual, but the gearing in the manual is horrible. In this case, I’d rather drive an auto, which I do with my 21 Mojave.
While I agree it takes a little adjustment, I disagree it's horrible. Just treat it like a 5 speed with a specialty highway gear. Sure 1st and 2nd are a bit too deep, but that's just what happens when you serve two masters. The ratio on first and second were clearly selected with off-road in mind, while 3-6 are the on-road ratios.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
While I agree it takes a little adjustment, I disagree it's horrible. Just treat it like a 5 speed with a specialty highway gear. Sure 1st and 2nd are a bit too deep, but that's just what happens when you serve two masters. The ratio on first and second were clearly selected with off-road in mind, while 3-6 are the on-road ratios.
I tried that with my JLR. Kept the revs high but the oem tune is bad as well with the manual. I thought it was only my Jeep, but I drove a few JLRs and they all had hesitations or slight bucking when remaining in gear at a “higher” rpm. It’s all emissions related crap, both mechanical and electronic.

Sponsored

Wilber7

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
If my Gladiator was a weekend only toy, I may have wanted a manual. As my everyday driver, I do not miss having a manual.

If Jeep actually put in a better clutch and beefier manual from the get go, I may have entertained it but I have no regrets driving the auto.
They are not putting in a good clutch any more. You can’t feel the clutch engage very well. My 04 Rubi is the last good clutch I’ve had.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
If it was a second vehicle and I wasn’t planning on towing above the manual transmission rating amount sooner or later, I would have considered it.

I had nothing but manual transmission vehicles for years. As far as daily drivers go…the traffic in my area killed it for me. Ever taken 1+ hour ON THE REG to go x < 5 miles with a manual transmission? 🤣

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I like the 8spd mated up w the diesel, it shifts firmly, keeps the power band right on the money, lots of torque application...good to go

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
We are loving the manual transmission. Clutch has been great, and with 5:13 gears and the Ruby transfer case, 1st gear granny gear has been great in the rocks. We are up to 47K miles now and the drive train still feels new.

G7Ndsy.jpg
Sponsored