Sponsored

JL/JT Leveling Kit - Coil Lift / THOUGHTS?

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I love my Daystar kit. The shock entension brackets are HUGE and beefy compared to the ones I got with the Rough Country kit, and the poly spacers are more quiet and ride slightly better than the steel spacers in the RC kit also.

Just waiting on the rear part of the kit to show up. It's on backorder.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I love my Daystar kit. The shock entension brackets are HUGE and beefy compared to the ones I got with the Rough Country kit, and the poly spacers are more quiet and ride slightly better than the steel spacers in the RC kit also.

Have you installed the front part, to include the lower arms? If so, how do they compare to the stock, to include length? Are the bushings poly, and greased?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler

I just watched your latest vid and I didn't notice the extended control arms from Daystar. Are those also on back order? Did the kit come with it?

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Have you installed the front part, to include the lower arms? If so, how do they compare to the stock, to include length? Are the bushings poly, and greased?
I just watched your latest vid and I didn't notice the extended control arms from Daystar. Are those also on back order? Did the kit come with it?
The kit I bought did not come with longer control arms. They are not necessary if you stay at 2" or below.

Rough country even sells their 2.5 inch and greater kits without control arms. Other than some slightly different steering characteristics it seems to work OK on these new jeeps.

However, staying at 2" or below is one of the goals that I had with this truck because I want to maintain the steering and handling and driving characteristics of stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit with 35X12.50X20 tires and 20X12" wheels -44 offset
IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG
WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Looks amazing

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
2.5" looks squaty. Hell even my 1.5" does from certain angles.
MAYT40X.jpg
Yeah there's just something about the front of a truck sitting higher than the rear that bugs me. I guess my OCD kicks in. Lol. And anything more than 1.5" is going to make the front higher than the rear. Seems like that's the magic number that Jeep designed into these trucks to allow for payload.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Yeah there's just something about the front of a truck sitting higher than the rear that bugs me. I guess my OCD kicks in. Lol. And anything more than 1.5" is going to make the front higher than the rear. Seems like that's the magic number that Jeep designed into these trucks to allow for payload.
Bingo. I'm actually going to order the Daystar 1/2" rear spacers. Had a couple hundred pounds of gear in the bed for a camping trip and i didn't like the stance and the way it tracked down the highway. Right now I have nothing in my bed + no spare tire and its perfect.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Rough country....mopar lift....daystar...alloy usa....leveling kit....1 inch... 2 inch lift...I'm confused at this point ....35's 37's idk....I wanna lift my sport and put 35's or 37's ....why is the mopar lift 1,500 and the day star 400$? Ride quality?
Sponsored