First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
I have decided to just say screw it and go with the JT Rubicon. I am just overthinking everything and worrying about little crap.

I don't really want to order one and wait 2 months, however I know that I will not find one on the lot with my short list of must haves. I am willing to buy one with more options if they are really worth it just to keep from waiting longer.

I want black hard top, tow package, automatic, and body color fenders. What options do you all have that you think is worth it or just couldn't live without? I know everyone will have something different, but it may help me look at things differently and come around to your way of thinking.
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I have decided to just say screw it and go with the JT Rubicon. I am just overthinking everything and worrying about little crap.

I don't really want to order one and wait 2 months, however I know that I will not find one on the lot with my short list of must haves. I am willing to buy one with more options if they are really worth it just to keep from waiting longer.

I want black hard top, tow package, automatic, and body color fenders. What options do you all have that you think is worth it or just couldn't live without? I know everyone will have something different, but it may help me look at things differently and come around to your way of thinking.

I wouldn’t want body colored flares on a rubicon. I’d consider the safety group with blind spot monitoring, backup sensors and led lighting to be must have. Primarily for the cross path detection backing out.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Personally, I don't like the look of body-colored fenders. The black fenders are easier to replace and look great with the black top. Plus they look more rugged/Jeepish.

Must haves in my book:
Aux. switches (best thing since sliced bread if you intend to add electrical accessories)
LEDs (or you will end up upgrading later)
8.4" infotainment system
off-road camera (if you intend to go off-road...the guiding lines are dead-on for tire placement)

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
I have had my JTR for 1 week now...ordered it 5/6...so plenty of time to internally debate my option choices. my assessment of my choices.

OPTIONS I GOT and whether I would order again after having them.
* Dual tops = YES. love soft top for summer, hard top for winter.
* LED lights = YES. incredibly bright, light up the whole road at night
* Blind spot, cross traffic = YES
* Black plastic fenders = YES. i got white so I like the contrast with black roofs
* Leather (tan) = COULD GO EITHER WAY. I have always had leather, but with roof off, they get hot. the quality is decent and the tan is a nice contrast to all of the black.
* Proximity locks = YES. I did not have at first, but added two days later when I realized I have not hit my keyfob button in 6 years, why would I want to start now.
* Bed Rails, locking seat storage, bed outlet = 50/50. bed rails are basically useless other than rare instance of tying something down, underseat storage boxes are awesome, outlet in bed might get used 10 times in its life.
* Tonneau = NOT SURE YET. folds back nicely, better than hard tonneau, time will tell how well fabric ages
* Aux switches = YES. will need them
* Heated seats, wheel, auto start = YES. heated seats and no roof are awesome in fall weather in PA. starting your car from the office in winter when its 10 degrees outside...worth it.
* Upgrade stereo / screen size = YES. while the Alpine system does not match the Harmon Kardon in my wife's BMW M series, it is pretty close. especially with soft top or roof folded/off you will need better sound.
* Bed Liner = YES. but could probably get same/better quality aftermarket...just no hassle for me to arrange and drop off.

DID NOT GET
* TRAIL CAM . probably will regret one day.
* Adaptive cruise / braking - never used cruise on other vehicles, would not use now. probably could justify for only advanced braking, but I did not add.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer

LED package, safety package (adaptive cruise is awesome), 8.4 nav, bedliner and trail rails - which I use way more than I thought I would.

I prefer the body colored flares and black top, at least on white.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I have had my JTR for 1 week now...ordered it 5/6...so plenty of time to internally debate my option choices. my assessment of my choices.

OPTIONS I GOT and whether I would order again after having them.
* Dual tops = YES. love soft top for summer, hard top for winter.
* LED lights = YES. incredibly bright, light up the whole road at night
* Blind spot, cross traffic = YES
* Black plastic fenders = YES. i got white so I like the contrast with black roofs
* Leather (tan) = COULD GO EITHER WAY. I have always had leather, but with roof off, they get hot. the quality is decent and the tan is a nice contrast to all of the black.
* Proximity locks = YES. I did not have at first, but added two days later when I realized I have not hit my keyfob button in 6 years, why would I want to start now.
* Bed Rails, locking seat storage, bed outlet = 50/50. bed rails are basically useless other than rare instance of tying something down, underseat storage boxes are awesome, outlet in bed might get used 10 times in its life.
* Tonneau = NOT SURE YET. folds back nicely, better than hard tonneau, time will tell how well fabric ages
* Aux switches = YES. will need them
* Heated seats, wheel, auto start = YES. heated seats and no roof are awesome in fall weather in PA. starting your car from the office in winter when its 10 degrees outside...worth it.
* Upgrade stereo / screen size = YES. while the Alpine system does not match the Harmon Kardon in my wife's BMW M series, it is pretty close. especially with soft top or roof folded/off you will need better sound.
* Bed Liner = YES. but could probably get same/better quality aftermarket...just no hassle for me to arrange and drop off.

DID NOT GET
* TRAIL CAM . probably will regret one day.
* Adaptive cruise / braking - never used cruise on other vehicles, would not use now. probably could justify for only advanced braking, but I did not add.
The factory Tonneau is excellent. Power washed it last night and only a minimal amount of water actually got inside. I was actually surprised. ACC is amazing. If you're in any traffic regularly I'd say it's a must have. It has transformed my commute. I'd ditch blind spot monitoring. I don't find the blind spots to be bad and I have the front and rear cameras so I don't hit anything. I have the color matched fenders and I do not regret them. I think they look great.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Depends on how you're going to use it.
The factory Tonneau is excellent. Power washed it last night and only a minimal amount of water actually got inside. I was actually surprised. ACC is amazing. If you're in any traffic regularly I'd say it's a must have. It has transformed my commute. I'd ditch blind spot monitoring. I don't find the blind spots to be bad and I have the front and rear cameras so I don't hit anything. I have the color matched fenders and I do not regret them. I think they look great.
I think you are the first I've seen that has said this. The blind spot safety with cross traffic and LED rear lights is the one option I'm wishing I would have added just from what others have said on here. I really would like the LED tails, but I'm getting worried that I wish we would have gotten the blind spot system.

Sponsored

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

The only things you'll probably regret...

1) LED lights.. The factory LED lights are darn good and much easier than trying to add aftermarket.
2) Bed liner - Yes you can get after market, but factory is done while the bed hasn't been touched
3) Steel front bumper if you don't plan on going aftermarket- Yes you can buy it afterwards and put it on, but it is cheaper from the factory.
4) AUX switches. *CHEAP addon and well worth it
5) I would go painted fenders. Looks more finished and trying to find them afterwards isn't easy.

The remaining options are awesome, but I wouldn't lose sleep over not having them.

A suggestion would be, if you find one on a lot with the MUST HAVE items, work with the Stealership on the price.
You can in most cases get what you want, for the price you want, and the other included items are just a plus.

I got a lot of options on my JT that I would have never ordered, but the price was what I would have paid for what I did want.

Prices are starting to come down "a little" as more units are being delivered and more colors available.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Aux, LED, Remote Proximity, 8.4" media

Hard considerations:
cold weather group
bedliner
trail cam (this will be very handy parking, especially since it's longer/a truck)

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
When I keep building mine for the millionth time I always look at what all would be hard to find aftermarket. Right now my build would only consist of auto tranny. Remote start,Trailer tow, blind spot and aux switches. (Aux switches price are great for what you get ) very bare and basic but I have a year or so till I get one and if I have more money to throw down on it I will definitely get led lights front trail camera and 8.4 radio. Possibly proximity key

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I wouldn’t get the tonneau cover. It does not properly lock. I would get one of the aftermarket ones. I had to jerry rig mine to lock it.

Also,
like someone said regarding the still bumper. Unless you plan on buying one aftermarket I would def. get the steel. It lets you build you’re bumper slowly... no need to rush and get lights, winch, bull bar all the same time.

And get the front camera. I wish I had it on my trails. And so far it’s still not available. To install after delivery.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
For what it's worth, I ordered my truck from Shelbyville Chrysler and it was built in 3 weeks and delivered 1 week later. I would strongly suggest ordering exactly what you want.

The color matched fenders look WAY better. I wish Sport could have gotten those!

I went with the Sport because in my opinion after looking at the Rubicon and Overland, the 30% greater payload was a MUST HAVE on a pickup truck. It changes every single thing you can do with the truck, from hauling a family+gear to towing a trailer to what kind of mods you feel comfortable adding later. Without the Max Towing package, I would not have gotten this truck.

Other options that are GOLD: Cold Weather Group (the heated steering wheel is awesome in January), Aux Switches (already using those for pod lights and it was so easy!), and the Cargo Management Group (having lockable storage is nice for those doors-off days).

I'd probably do without: Alpine Audio Group ($1,300 for a SMALL increase in sound over stock...waste of $$$)
Sponsored