Sponsored

In-bed 12v outlet

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
They could go plug in hybrid, and then they don't need the eTorque, cuz that's already part of the hybrid, and ESS is controlled much better, or should i say i'm assuming it would be.

I've never pressed on the gas on my Pacifica Hybrid and had a hesitation or lag in instant power. Though there's more to go wrong with the hybrid system, the trans is less complicated, so i've read. That's going way farther away from being able to fix your jeep with a hammer and screwdriver, but that's where the world is going, like it or not.
If it was an option on the JT I would take the time to learn more. I have a healthy hesitation but also am very interested. Doesn’t matter a whole lot as it won’t be an option when I am ready to buy my next ride, FYI that was 2 years ago.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If it was an option on the JT I would take the time to learn more. I have a healthy hesitation but also am very interested. Doesn’t matter a whole lot as it won’t be an option when I am ready to buy my next ride, FYI that was 2 years ago.
you mean you've been ready to buy your next ride, for 2 years now?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
That's going way farther away from being able to fix your jeep with a hammer and screwdriver, but that's where the world is going, like it or not.
I do not like it.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
you mean you've been ready to buy your next ride, for 2 years now?
Correct, sorry most times my thoughts flow faster than I can type.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Correct, sorry most times my thoughts flow faster than I can type.
i was just clarifying. i probably won't be able to buy a JT for 2 years, unless business is really good this year.

Sponsored

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
I read that you can't get the outlet unless you get the trail rail system and that's not available on the Sport?

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
But will it power a margarita machine? (My wife wants to know - This is how i sold her...)

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
But will it power a margarita machine? (My wife wants to know - This is how i sold her...)
Almost.... margaritaville margarita machine is 450w @ 120v. So close.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
3602FE63-04D6-43A8-BBE6-D6276532C334.jpeg
I read that you can't get the outlet unless you get the trail rail system and that's not available on the Sport?
Not so certain about that. I called a guy from Jeep about this very same issue as I also would like to get the trail rail system on a base Soort model. And the build site does not show that it is available for a Sport model. And we had some emails back and forth about this. Long story short he told me in 2 separate emails that the trail rail system would be available on “all” trim levels. See the attached email.

I wanted this for a couple of reasons. I like the idea of being able to lock things underneath the rear seats. And I would like to have the 4 tie down points in the truck bed. This should be a standard thing in any pick up bed. Don’t really need or care about the bed power outlet.

But I also was trying to find a if I would have to have that trail rail system in order to also then get the Mopar hard trifold tonneau cover. It’s more than difficult to get anyone at Jeep or at Mopar to say if that will be required. And I’ve never seen a picture of that hard trifold tonneau cover. But hey the guy says I can get a trail rail system on all models, includes the Sport. So hopefully he has given me some correct info. I will ask my dealer to order both trail rail system plus that hard tonneau cover when I get them to order one for me.

Like everyone else in the world I am waiting for confirmation of pricing before I order.

Hope this info from the Jeep guy helps you & I hope it’s correct.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
This video shows the removal of the small second battery in a 2018 JL. The second battery removal begins at 8:18

Of course, I don’t know if the JT will have the same small second battery for the stop start technology.
Thanks I didn’t realize this.I fortunately don’t have the ESS

Sponsored

mcolbyb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
This video shows the removal of the small second battery in a 2018 JL. The second battery removal begins at 8:18

Of course, I don’t know if the JT will have the same small second battery for the stop start technology.
So I can vouch for the Dometic and Genesis Battery set up. Loved mine in the JK. Looking to do the same thing for my JT. It’s expensive but living in AZ, it’s worth it. Especially on longer trails or multi day camping trips. It allows for true overlanding and glamping. It took group 34 batteries so you need to include that into the 550 price for a dual battery set up. If I had it to do over again I’d have taken the two batteries out of my JK before I sold it.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
400W/110v gets you roughly 3.6A. Things you can run on less than 4 amps include things like an ARB / Engel fridge, lights, stereo, laptop chargers, etc. Things you won’t want to plug in are most tools, compressors, shop vacs, portable heaters, and very long extension cords.

By way of reference, in a modern US home the smallest amp breaker you’ll see is a 15A one, so if you’ve ever tripped one of those this is much much smaller.
I need a 60 amp outlet for a flat iron, hair dryer, space heater, and Keurig. Then, just maybe, I’d be able to get my wife and 3 girls to go camping.

Aero_JT

First Name
Bosco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2011 Acadia SLT AWD, 1997 Saab 9000 Aero
This might sound a bit outside the box, but has anyone considered tapping the 12V hot wire from the 7-pin connector to supply the desired voltage for different applications? Wondering if a wire tap or a 7-pin plug (with only the 12V / GND wired) would do the trick.

From previous experiences (other vehicles) I believe it could be a direct connecconn to the battery, with a 15A fuse. Not sure how the wiring is done with the JT tow package though. Haven't checked the fuse rating either.

Thoughts?
Sponsored