“Best” 37 Inch Tire For Daily Driver?

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Helpful list.

One correction: At least according to Cooper’s website, the Discoverer STT PRO 37X12.50R17s are 77 lbs—not 75 lbs.

Note that, for traction in snow or mud and for longevity, I always look at the starting tread depth. The Coopers STTs start with 22/32” of tread depth. The BFG All Terrain TA KO2s, by comparison, start out with 15/32” of tread depth. So, with the Coopers, you start out with 47% more tread. Just something to think about.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
What an extensive list! Much appreciated!

I’m sure there’s a lot of variables that go into it, but generally speaking a heavier weight makes for a tougher tire right? While a lighter tire helps with mpg and street maneuvering, etc? That’s why most that off road in the more demanding trails prefer the heavier mud terrains? Thanks for the help!
Not necessarily. A lot of factors go into it including tire design, tire construction, number of plies and side wall plies contribute to "tire toughness"

There's a lot of info on the subject available online. Here's a start: https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/131-0609-tire-tech/

A key issue related to tires and wheels is weight. Here's a great explanation of weight from TireRack.com:

A vehicle's total weight is the sum of all of its parts and affects its ability to accelerate, brake and corner. Reducing the total weight will enhance the vehicle's performance because less weight needs to be controlled and therefore, less energy is required. Unsprung weight is the weight under the springs which moves up and down as the vehicle rides over uneven roads and leans in the corners. Reducing unsprung weight allows the springs and shock absorbers to be more effective in controlling the suspension's movement. Additionally, a vehicle's rotational weight includes all parts that spin including everything in the vehicle's driveline from the engine's crankshaft to its wheels and tires. This affects the energy required to change speed as the vehicle accelerates and brakes. As you would guess, reducing the weight of any of these rotating components will enhance the vehicle's performance because less energy will be required to increase or decrease their speed.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=108

OP
OP
Buck1ze

Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all of the great posts. Exactly what I was looking for. Knew I could count on you guys for knowledgeable insights!

mzeblue

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, E300
For comparison, the OEM Rubicon Falken 285/70/17’s weigh 61 LBS.
Remarkable that one could move up to a 37” Cooper at only an 8lbs penalty, all other things remaining the same.

Sponsored

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
The mud terrains may be 61, but the all terrain 285s are just about 64lbs. You can get 315 Duratracs that are lighter than the factory 285s.

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
VERY happy with my 37 inch Milestar Patagonias MT's which I daily.
Jeep Gladiator “Best” 37 Inch Tire For Daily Driver? 58C2A437-D2A2-469E-BBB2-00D9C397F2D0

Last edited:
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’m running KO2s. Quiet, handle great, and no pull to the left or right.
C627FD65-1B6C-472B-A1A1-43387D7A8B88.jpeg
Awesome rims, I'm interested in getting the same ones in gun metal. Question: What size are your tires and do they protrude pass the fender, if so no much?

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome rims, I'm interested in getting the same ones in gun metal. Question: What size are your tires and do they protrude pass the fender, if so no much?
Thanks! I get compliments every time I’m fueling up.

They are 37x12.5 on 17x9.5 and they do stick out about 1.5” beyond the fenders.

Sponsored

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Thanks! I get compliments every time I’m fueling up.

They are 37x12.5 on 17x9.5 and they do stick out about 1.5” beyond the fenders.

I bet those rims are nice! What lift kit did you get? 1.5 isn’t that bad, but did you notice any like rock scratches when off roading?

Englane

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S, ‘06 LJ, ‘67 Mustang, Indian Chief, Triumph Thruxton, Triumph TR6
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone run the Pro Comp A/T Sports? I’ve heard not very good things about Pro Comp tires in general, but I’ve read a lot of really good reviews on that tire. They’re fairly light, and way affordable. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on them.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I put over 2,000 miles on my Nittos over the last five days averaging about 70 mph with a few bursts of 90 mph. Rock solid, no pulling or wandering. Just a sweet ride over some rough highways with lots of construction.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I bet those rims are nice! What lift kit did you get? 1.5 isn’t that bad, but did you notice any like rock scratches when off roading?
I started with the Mopar 2” but since replaced the drag link and tie rod with Synergy HD steering kit and a Steersmarts Yeti track bar. I also installed the TeraFlex 1.5” front leveling kit. So, all that’s left of the Mopar kit are the Fox shocks and springs.

Before putting the new wheels on my factory clear bra fender guards were already getting stone chips. It’s just the nature of the beast when on or Offroad. I don’t notice anymore or less since running the wheels.

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
bump this back up.

anyone have any more input on the KM3's? unfortunately about 98% of all my miles are hwy / interstate and I drive about 20-25k miles a year. so I need something very livable, do make some 5 + hour road trips. I'm looking at the C range, trying to keep weight down as much as possible.

currently running 315 KO2's and I'm happy with them so far, only grip is holding onto gravel.

should I put Pat's on the list, like the price and weight.
Sponsored