Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Buying what YOU want and/or what’s actually best for your situation isn’t wussing out.
Nope, not at all. Tires don’t last forever. There’s always the next set. If you decide you want bigger get them next time. Happy trails!
Sponsored

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Buying what YOU want and/or what’s actually best for your situation isn’t wussing out.
Hehe… thanks !

Well quite a few months later I am very pleased with the purchase. The 35's did nothing to my MPG that I can tell. I hit 8th gear pretty well and often. Still no plans to lift it but that extra little inch I got and filling the wheel wells gave it a good look. I wish my offset wasn't as big as it is. I am going to have to swap wheels to get it inspected haha.

So for all those on the fence that just want to change things up but keep it mild. I recommend the 35's

Duck27

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I installed 37x12.5x17 on my stock Rubi this weekend. I had a little rubbing at full turning on the skid plate up front, once I removed the skid plate I have full turn travel with no rubbing. Going to replace the factory steel skid plate with a OEM cut skid plate. Tires are Nitto Terra Grappler. During my first few trips I noticed that the speedo was off from my cell phone speedo app. Took her on the highway yesterday and it seem to be spot on speedo and speedo app. On my way to work this morning city driving still spot on. I am trying now to get my PSI down to 37 psi when cold. Overall ride was nice and no complaints. Gladys has 20030 miles currently.

Beast 1.jpg

Beast 2.jpg

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up doing 35’s on my Rubicon and I’m very happy with it. Looks good, still performs well and goes into 8th no problem. Just spent 2500 miles on the road, 1250 of it towing a 2200pound trailer and it performed great. I think 35’s are perfect for me and I’m going to stay here.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Gator Rubicon on order for my wife.
This will be her daily driver (25mile one way backroads).
It will be getting the mopar 2" lift.

I can not decide if we should go with 35's or 37's.
I'm probably going to do an AT tire (maybe yokohama x-AT).
I did get the max tow package, and the Jeep will see occasional trail use, but nothing crazy.

I've looked through the forums and can't seem to get a good feel for what to do.
I love the look of the 37's but I know 35's make more sense for daily use.

I just don't want to regret not doing the 37's upfront.

Thanks!
I just picked up my alignment and speedo reset after 2 Inch Mopar install this past weekend and 35x12.5/17 BFG AT KO2 on Mopar Perf Gladiator 8.5 wheels. Damn, I love it. Quick check coming down I95 showed a real nominal loss in MPG, 20-19 mpg. Been doing 19.6 all week leading up to this install (tire Friday and lift Sat and Sun.) I can still slide up into the seat, barely. I am 6 foot. Definitely almost fell out of jeep Sunday night after test drive and Monday AM when I got to work.

You are asking as a daily with light trail use, that is what my JT is.

I say go w 35's. I lean to conservatives on my build and these 2007 and laters hand us 35s on a silver platter.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I installed 37x12.5x17 on my stock Rubi this weekend. I had a little rubbing at full turning on the skid plate up front, once I removed the skid plate I have full turn travel with no rubbing. Going to replace the factory steel skid plate with a OEM cut skid plate. Tires are Nitto Terra Grappler. During my first few trips I noticed that the speedo was off from my cell phone speedo app. Took her on the highway yesterday and it seem to be spot on speedo and speedo app. On my way to work this morning city driving still spot on. I am trying now to get my PSI down to 37 psi when cold. Overall ride was nice and no complaints. Gladys has 20030 miles currently.

Beast 1.jpg

Beast 2.jpg
If you phone was plugged in while measuring the speed, it is drawing the data from the Jeep instead of measuring on its own. Unplug it and you should see that it’s about 12% off after moving to 37s.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess you guys aren't coming from anything sporty. My last vehicle was a BMW 330i ZHP. It was no sports car, but it would move when I wanted it to. This thing is a DOG, even with just a 2" lift and OEM 33s. 18-19 mpg
2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack 6-speed... Trust me, I feel your pain. This Jeep feels anemic to me, as well... Wish they had offered a 5.7 Hemi option minimum...Prefer 6.4 for Rubicon. As much as these things cost, they should have a V8 in them.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up my alignment and speedo reset after 2 Inch Mopar install this past weekend and 35x12.5/17 BFG AT KO2 on Mopar Perf Gladiator 8.5 wheels. Damn, I love it. Quick check coming down I95 showed a real nominal loss in MPG, 20-19 mpg. Been doing 19.6 all week leading up to this install (tire Friday and lift Sat and Sun.) I can still slide up into the seat, barely. I am 6 foot. Definitely almost fell out of jeep Sunday night after test drive and Monday AM when I got to work.

You are asking as a daily with light trail use, that is what my JT is.

I say go w 35's. I lean to conservatives on my build and these 2007 and laters hand us 35s on a silver platter.

Good luck!
Resurrecting this old post, can you toss up some pics of your rig with the 35s and 2” mopar lift?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Go with 37's... You won't regret it. I average 14.5-15 MPG's around town.

Jeep Gladiator Daily Driver 35's or 37's? JTR

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Go with 37's... You won't regret it. I average 14.5-15 MPG's around town.

Jeep Gladiator Daily Driver 35's or 37's? JTR
Lol at 14-15mpg I absolutely would regret it! That and the added $1,800 re-gear needed too!

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I have my same 35" Duratracs on my gladiator that I had on my 18 JL and the difference is night and day. I'm sure the 3.73 gearing makes up for it. I also gave a 6spd manual though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol at 14-15mpg I absolutely would regret it! That and the added $1,800 re-gear needed too!
I haven't re-geared... If I re-geared to 4.88's I would probably be closer to 17-18 MPG.

Also, I live in a very hilly area with a lot of start-stop driving and turns. So, mine has never gotten shit for fuel mileage... Stock it averaged 12.5... So mine actually improved going to 37's, and recalibrating with the Tazer, and adding the iDrive unit.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't re-geared... If I re-geared to 4.88's I would probably be closer to 17-18 MPG.

Also, I live in a very hilly area with a lot of start-stop driving and turns. So, mine has never gotten shit for fuel mileage... Stock it averaged 12.5... So mine actually improved going to 37's, and recalibrating with the Tazer, and adding the iDrive unit.
I bought the Tazer mini already... I’m interested in the idrive, what’s it do exactly and does it work in conjunction with the Tazer? I’ve seen many programmers but they don’t work with the Tazer.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Tazer mini already... I’m interested in the idrive, what’s it do exactly and does it work in conjunction with the Tazer? I’ve seen many programmers but they don’t work with the Tazer.
No, they're completely separate units that function independently from one another.

Have you noticed how spongy and lacking of sensitivity the gas pedal is in our Jeeps? And how when you mash the gas, nothing happens until you hit about half-throttle? Well the iDrive basically takes up all the slack in the gas pedal, and moves the back-half to the front. So it really increases pedal sensitivity and throttle response. The only downside is you cut the pedal in half. So if you mash the gas beyond about the halfway point, you get no increased performance. The pedal stops opening the throttle body at about half-way to the floor, and from the halfway point to the floor, it does absolutely nothing extra.

So, you basically cut your throttle in half, and then there's nothing else beyond that halfway point. But once you learn how to drive with it, you never even think about mashing it to the floor anymore. You get used to it. I highly recommend it.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No, they're completely separate units that function independently from one another.

Have you noticed how spongy and lacking of sensitivity the gas pedal is in our Jeeps? And how when you mash the gas, nothing happens until you hit about half-throttle? Well the iDrive basically takes up all the slack in the gas pedal, and moves the back-half to the front. So it really increases pedal sensitivity and throttle response. The only downside is you cut the pedal in half. So if you mash the gas beyond about the halfway point, you get no increased performance. The pedal stops opening the throttle body at about half-way to the floor, and from the halfway point to the floor, it does absolutely nothing extra.

So, you basically cut your throttle in half, and then there's nothing else beyond that halfway point. But once you learn how to drive with it, you never even think about mashing it to the floor anymore. You get used to it. I highly recommend it.
That sounds cool, so same thing as the Pedal Commander right?

I really want a Tuner, especially if I decide to go down the hamburger route.
Sponsored