Daily Driver 35's or 37's?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I hear people talk about 20+ mpg and am pretty confused about that...I'm consistently at ~13.5 no matter how I drive.
I really want to know the real world MPG decrease from 35s compared to stock Sport S tires. Right now I'm averaging 19.2 on the 5 fill-ups I've done so far - I've only done ~140 miles of highway (about 10% overall) but my commute is ~45mph pretty light city driving.

upload_2019-10-4_14-44-15.png
Sponsored

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
I really want to know the real world MPG decrease from 35s compared to stock Sport S tires. Right now I'm averaging 19.2 on the 5 fill-ups I've done so far - I've only done ~140 miles of highway (about 10% overall) but my commute is ~45mph pretty light city driving.

upload_2019-10-4_14-44-15.png
I averaged around 18mpg stock (22ish on the highway). Since installing the 2.5" lift and 38" tires, I've averaged around 16 (18ish on the highway).

OP
OP

Bouve124

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon (Gator), Genesis G70 Sport
I just got my 37"s and lift installed this week, so I can tell you driving back to back on my LE there is little difference in power or braking (I don't drive aggressively though). I do notice the tires grab the even road surfaces a little more, but that is to be expected. Overall, I love it and would do it again in a heartbeat. You can check out pics in the Build/Rig journals under Freyja. If I did 35's I think no lift looks perfect as well...fine with the lift too, but dame the 37's look sick!
Your build looks great!
We have 2 pups Odin & Freya, your build may have swayed my decision just based on the name!
We have it in writing that if the gator color isn't what we want the dealer will order another vehicle for us. We are probably going with black just like yours. (Although we really like stinggrey too)

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I averaged around 18mpg stock (22ish on the highway). Since installing the 2.5" lift and 38" tires, I've averaged around 16 (18ish on the highway).
I just have NO idea how this is happening but k. :clap:
I'm running around 14.5 with my 37s.
DISCLAIMER, I think I'm running the absolute HEAVIEST setup possible with my Armory's and General Tires.

IF the mileage won't kill you, go 37. If you're even contemplating it, just do it now, or you'll do it later...:rock:

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
DISCLAIMER, I think I'm running the absolute HEAVIEST setup possible with my Armory's and General Tires.

IF the mileage won't kill you, go 37. If you're even contemplating it, just do it now, or you'll do it later...:rock:
Yeah, my Black Rhino Yorks and Milestar Pats weigh in at 113.4 lbs. The Milestars are light for the size.

Sponsored

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Ugg you guys are killing me. Are we all 100% sure I won't have issues with 37's on a stock rubi no lift. Cause if they don't fit and and I have to squeeze in the lift costs lets just say the boss isn't going to be happy and I will be looking to practice my overloading in the backyard.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Ugg you guys are killing me. Are we all 100% sure I won't have issues with 37's on a stock rubi no lift. Cause if they don't fit and and I have to squeeze in the lift costs lets just say the boss isn't going to be happy and I will be looking to practice my overloading in the backyard.
Ya, I didn't say that, I'm running a MOPAR 2".
Good luck in your negotiations. :LOL:

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
put on your big boy pants and order the 37's and a cheapo lift.....save for the big lift.
My 2" Daystar lift is waiting in my garage. Plans include beadlocks and 37's combined with daily driving. Here in Inland Southern California, that's how it's done. In time, I'll go 4½ inches - most likely Game Changer/6-pack.

Sponsored

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
My issue is, how will the 2inch lift and the 37 effect my towing? I am pulling a rpod and gear total maybe 4000lbs

BruiserTJ

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition & 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I have a Gator Rubicon on order for my wife.
This will be her daily driver (25mile one way backroads).
It will be getting the mopar 2" lift.

I can not decide if we should go with 35's or 37's.
I'm probably going to do an AT tire (maybe yokohama x-AT).
I did get the max tow package, and the Jeep will see occasional trail use, but nothing crazy.

I've looked through the forums and can't seem to get a good feel for what to do.
I love the look of the 37's but I know 35's make more sense for daily use.

I just don't want to regret not doing the 37's upfront.

Thanks!
I’m confused. I didn’t think you could get the Max Tow package in a Rubicon. I thought it was only available in Sport or Sport-S.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
I guess you guys aren't coming from anything sporty. My last vehicle was a BMW 330i ZHP. It was no sports car, but it would move when I wanted it to. This thing is a DOG, even with just a 2" lift and OEM 33s. 18-19 mpg
Sponsored