Daily Driver 35's or 37's?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I guess you guys aren't coming from anything sporty. My last vehicle was a BMW 330i ZHP. It was no sports car, but it would move when I wanted it to. This thing is a DOG, even with just a 2" lift and OEM 33s. 18-19 mpg
I'm coming from a tuned Kia Stinger GT2 (~475hp) and it's a HUGE change. I like the JT though, the Kia just didn't really have a personality
Sponsored

MaximusJTRubi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
I guess you guys aren't coming from anything sporty. My last vehicle was a BMW 330i ZHP. It was no sports car, but it would move when I wanted it to. This thing is a DOG, even with just a 2" lift and OEM 33s. 18-19 mpg
Coming from a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE with a blower........These arent intended to be sports cars, but for what they are, they move just fine with the larger rubbers.

Sponsored

Mulewhisperer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU TF-LA on 37’s
I itched the 37 bug with a teraflex longarm on my JKU. It looked great and performed well with 4.88’s and manual transmission. I quickly became tired of climbing in and out of it and lifting both of my kids in and out. The JT rubicon will get 35s and hope that my 5 and 7 year olds can climb in and out themselves!

OP
OP

Bouve124

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon (Gator), Genesis G70 Sport
I may end up having to go with 35's. As I said originally it's going to be my wife's daily, and she said her parking garage at work is posted at 7ft clearance. 37's and a 2" lift will put it close... Maybe too close. I also think my garage door is right around that hight as well...

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I itched the 37 bug with a teraflex longarm on my JKU. It looked great and performed well with 4.88’s and manual transmission. I quickly became tired of climbing in and out of it and lifting both of my kids in and out. The JT rubicon will get 35s and hope that my 5 and 7 year olds can climb in and out themselves!
Kids LOVE climbing! Go with 40s. You'd be doing it for them. ;)

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I love the 37's & 40's but i'm getting old & don't want to beef up my axles even though they are beefy out of the box, and I pull my camper so I am very conservative . 3" lift & 34" tires good all around just trails & beach I tore up enough Jeeps when younger. just get what you always dreamed of. I may still go Nitto trail grappler 35/11.5/17 though

RK.jpg

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I may end up having to go with 35's. As I said originally it's going to be my wife's daily, and she said her parking garage at work is posted at 7ft clearance. 37's and a 2" lift will put it close... Maybe too close. I also think my garage door is right around that hight as well...
A true 2” lift and (what companies call) a 37” tire will put you right around 77” tall.

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Gator Rubicon on order for my wife.
This will be her daily driver (25mile one way backroads).
It will be getting the mopar 2" lift.

I can not decide if we should go with 35's or 37's.
I'm probably going to do an AT tire (maybe yokohama x-AT).
I did get the max tow package, and the Jeep will see occasional trail use, but nothing crazy.

I've looked through the forums and can't seem to get a good feel for what to do.
I love the look of the 37's but I know 35's make more sense for daily use.

I just don't want to regret not doing the 37's upfront.

Thanks!

For the wife I’d stick with 35s but 37s look so much better. Don’t forget about gearing. Everybody says it will be ok with stock gearing on 37s but I did the gear change to 4.88s and it is so much easier on the drivetrain for everyday driving.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Seeing that there is a decent variance in tire sizes from the different manufactures you can look towards a 'large' metric 35 or a small 37. As for the 7ft clearance 37's will not bring you near that!