Sponsored

2020 Gladiator Mojave Window Sticker and Hands-On Comparison vs Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t even know what that means. Lol, perhaps you can explain your logic, lol.

I love my JK! It sits pretty in the fourth bay. Naked all year long and only taken out on nice days. When it came time to plunking down $60k I chose something else. I couldn’t stand paying $60k for an old and tired v6. Reliable, but inadequate. I’d love to combine a couple of vehicles into the Gladiator, but couldn’t swallow having the same engine my JK has in something that weighs much more.
They’re actually different engines... That 3.8 was a piece of crap minivan motor. I have a lot more faith in the 3.6 than the 3.8.

I do agree the JT should have been offered with the 5.7 Hemi option. And a 6.4 Hemi option for the Rubicon models, for the price tags these things carry.
Sponsored

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
the only thing really worthwhile in the Mojave is the extra frame strengthening. everything else can be added. the list of options added to this is ridiculous, but if it sells then it sells. It's all dependent on taste. BUT... the 3.6l engine is weak, but so are all the other mid-size truck engines (though I would love the eco-boost engines torque curve). Forced induction it is!

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
I don’t even know what that means. Lol, perhaps you can explain your logic, lol.

I love my JK! It sits pretty in the fourth bay. Naked all year long and only taken out on nice days. When it came time to plunking down $60k I chose something else. I couldn’t stand paying $60k for an old and tired v6. Reliable, but inadequate. I’d love to combine a couple of vehicles into the Gladiator, but couldn’t swallow having the same engine my JK has in something that weighs much more.
Oh no I'm just joking, lol. You are so invested in this thread lol.

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So I saw the review and it’s a nice truck but I’d still much rather have a Rubi.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
My issue is a $50k Gladiator that doesn’t come with basic safety features that most $25k vehicles come with standard.
Out of curiosity, such as?

As for OP, it's more than I'd want to pay for one but the Mojave is what I want in a truck, not the current Rubicon. On a Wrangler, no question... fully locked and 4:1. On a truck with this massive wheelbase, it's not really wheeling monster so I'm not really sure I see the point of all the crawly features.

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I wonder if there is a way to get close to the suspension and frame upgrades of the Mojave without having to settle for Mojave payload and towing
Where can one find those numbers? What is the payload and towing capacity for the Mojave?

Hydro Blue in NM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator
Did anyone else notice it comes with heated seats? If you are in the desert you shouldn't need heated seats.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone else notice it comes with heated seats? If you are in the desert you shouldn't need heated seats.
Even the desert gets cold in the winter. I have the cold weather package on mine, and I like the hand warmer.

Hydro Blue in NM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator
Mr Bill, I know it can get cold in the desert, especially at night. I was deployed to the sandbox several times. It was just odd that it was part of the package. They should have put cooling seats in it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Mr Bill, I know it can get cold in the desert, especially at night. I was deployed to the sandbox several times. It was just odd that it was part of the package. They should have put cooling seats in it.
I would really like to have seats that cool, especially since there's more summer than winter. I guess that's asking a lot. Since heating is easier to add, they do that instead.

Sponsored

Pleease.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercedes CLK350, 2016 Lexus GX460, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-AWD
It doesn't have seat ventilation? For $60k they should provide droned-in cold beverage service when you need it.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
They’re actually different engines... That 3.8 was a piece of crap minivan motor. I have a lot more faith in the 3.6 than the 3.8.

I do agree the JT should have been offered with the 5.7 Hemi option. And a 6.4 Hemi option for the Rubicon models, for the price tags these things carry.
My JK is a ‘13 which comes with the 3.6. They started the 3.6 in ‘12 on the Wrangler. The 3.6 is also a minivan engine...

Agreed on the V8. Still NA and doesn’t have all the complexity of small displacement turbo engines. Would get about the same gas mileage as well.

I do like the appearance of the Mojave!

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
The Mojave is now available to build on Jeep.com!!! I'm digging it!

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I checked out the price of building a Mojave vs. my Sport S with the options it has. Since more stuff is standard on the Mojave, it can be just a few $K over a nicely optioned Sport. I like HD options, but the frame strengthening doesn't seem all that extreme or necessary for uses other than desert jumping through arroyos, etc. The other noticeable upgrade is the iron knuckles vs. aluminum but I haven't seen any figures on the strength difference. After all, the Rubicon still uses the aluminum knuckles. If you are after best mpg, that higher front end and bigger tires won't help. Here in the desert southwest, mpg matters not so much to save $ as to reach the next convenient gas station.