2020 Gladiator Options Matrix

NortheastJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler
Thanks! Forgot to mention I highlighted some key differences that people have been noticing or talking about, Led group, max tow. Ugh, Rubicon no tan cloth, etc.
2019 and Jeep cannot do LED lighting across the board.

Majority of the lower end SUV’s and midsize trucks come standard with LED.
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Alpine makes a 9 inch screen and they have dash kits for the TJ and the JK so I'm sure they will have it for the JL as well if they don't already.
But will that 9" Alpine control the front/rear cameras, the heated seats/steering wheel? Not sure what else the factory head unit will control, but my Pacifica touchscreen does a ton.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
But will that 9" Alpine control the front/rear cameras, the heated seats/steering wheel? Not sure what else the factory head unit will control, but my Pacifica touchscreen does a ton.

Is that the Uconnect 4? How is the response time? Does it lag? Do apps, music take a few moments to load or is it quick like a phone?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Is that the Uconnect 4? How is the response time? Does it lag? Do apps, music take a few moments to load or is it quick like a phone?
I think its the Uconnect 4 (2019 Pacifica Limited), response time is pretty good. I'd say its as fast as a 2 year old phone. Not the fastest thing, but fast enough. I normally pick a station and leave it, or listen to single cd for days. Too bad only way to play a cd is from the dvd/bluray, and then you have to go to the uconnect theatre. That's a bit slower to load up than all of the other apps. I'm sure there's a youtube video of somebody operating one.

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Usualy yes it will but you may have to wait for a little while for them to adapt it to do so. I know with Alpine and Pioneer it will usually control what you need it to. Now it's not going to have offroad pages etc... But you should be able to use your camera's. As for heated seats I'm not sure but if you are getting all that then yeah I would just get the 8.4 screen we have it in my wifes Jeep and it's great!

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
I have Uconnect in my 2018 RAM and it works well. Its pretty responsive, the voice control seems to work well. Takes a second or two to open google maps in apple car play (but it saves you having to pay for navigation).

One part I enjoy the most is the owners manual is also stored in the infotainment so you can search key words or subjects. Also if there is a failure it will display it and you can click for more info. (pic below)

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Does anyone know about the trail rail system with the folding tonneau cover on the base Sport model?
I wouldn't sweat the folding tonneau cover. There are several companies that offer there for all models of pick up trucks. I'm sure it will be available a few weeks after the Jeeps are available.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't sweat the folding tonneau cover. There are several companies that offer there for all models of pick up trucks. I'm sure it will be available a few weeks after the Jeeps are available.
Backflip I'm sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have Uconnect in my 2018 RAM and it works well. Its pretty responsive, the voice control seems to work well. Takes a second or two to open google maps in apple car play (but it saves you having to pay for navigation).

One part I enjoy the most is the owners manual is also stored in the infotainment so you can search key words or subjects. Also if there is a failure it will display it and you can click for more info. (pic below)

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg
Yeah I got a weather warning on ours the other day, pretty cool.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usualy yes it will but you may have to wait for a little while for them to adapt it to do so. I know with Alpine and Pioneer it will usually control what you need it to. Now it's not going to have offroad pages etc... But you should be able to use your camera's. As for heated seats I'm not sure but if you are getting all that then yeah I would just get the 8.4 screen we have it in my wifes Jeep and it's great!
I'm definitely getting the heated seats and steering wheel. Love them in Wisconsin winter.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I think its the Uconnect 4 (2019 Pacifica Limited), response time is pretty good. I'd say its as fast as a 2 year old phone. Not the fastest thing, but fast enough. I normally pick a station and leave it, or listen to single cd for days. Too bad only way to play a cd is from the dvd/bluray, and then you have to go to the uconnect theatre. That's a bit slower to load up than all of the other apps. I'm sure there's a youtube video of somebody operating one.
It’s a shame that almost no one sells cars with CD players any more. I have lots of CD’s that are not found on ITunes.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
It’s a shame that almost no one sells cars with CD players any more. I have lots of CD’s that are not found on ITunes.
It's too bad no one sells cars with record players anymore. I have a bunch of old 45's and LP's. It's an easy matter to transfer all of your antique CDs to a digital drive or, better yet, a high-res audio player like an Astell & Kern or Fiio. I transferred hundreds of CDs to a tiny thumb drive...and then to a Hi-Res Fiio after I became a convert to hi-res.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
They have DVD players you can plug into your car and Bluetooth.
Sponsored