Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland hood lock needed!

Remteck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.remtech.solutions
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, Genesis G80 5.0
Occupation
Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The 1st mod I did on my new Gladiator was I installed a cool bug guard! Turns out its also the 1st part that got stolen from my jeep!

Also found out that the factory alarm system installed on my Gladiator does not cover the hood of the jeep as you can easily open up the hood and steal my entire engine and the stupid alarm would never go off.

Now its time to find a good lock for my hood and ill just have to find another cool replacement bug guard to replace the one stolen! While I'm at it, time to install a dash cam thats stays on 24/7!!

20191018_204030_compress43.jpg
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Note: If you buy a Tazer mini, it automatically turns on the alarm in the Gladiator when the hood is opened. I have seen it work. If you lock the truck, then, try to open the hood, the lights and horn start blaring. Of course, this is not the only reason to buy a Tazer mini, but, there are a ton of other good reasons.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
People are jerks, huh?
Let us know what dash cam you get and if you like it, its such a small windshield...

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Now its time to find a good lock for my hood . . .
The BOLT hood lock is what I intend to get. Works with your factory key.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Remteck

Remteck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.remtech.solutions
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The BOLT hood lock is what I intend to get. Works with your factory key.
Thats a great idea. I love that Bolt hood lock!! As long as it works for my Gladiator, I'm good to go. One down, two to go!!

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a thing?
Many of them go to sleep when the ignition is off but have a motion sensor that will wake it up to record activity. It just needs to have constant power to work properly. The 12v dash plug on most newer vehicles is only active when the ignition is on.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Many of them go to sleep when the ignition is off but have a motion sensor that will wake it up to record activity. It just needs to have constant power to work properly. The 12v dash plug on most newer vehicles is only active when the ignition is on.
Sounds like a slick setup. If you've got the Aux switches, you can set those to work without the ignition on (battery direct.) If you don't even want it switched, there's an unswitched & fused battery wire in that bundle of wires.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Get the BOLT Lock JL hood lock. It works well and uses your ignition key to open so no extra keys on your key ring.

I have used these on all my Jeeps beginning with my two JKs. Word or warning though, they only last about 2 years, both my JK ones went bad in two years, the cover for the lock cylinder came off and it would no longer lock. When they broke, they just didn't function so I could get my hood open.

Bolt Lock JL Hood Lock

OP
OP
Remteck

Remteck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.remtech.solutions
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much. Did you open yours a lot? How did you get in when it broke?

Last edited:

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Thank you so much. Did you open yours a lotion? How did you get in when it broke?
Not sure what you mean by "a lotion".

When both locking mechanisms broke, neither was locked anymore. I don't know if that is a design so you don't get locked out or not. I have all kinds of BOLT products from hitch pins, spare tire locks, pad locks and cable locks for my e-bikes. I have friends that have their HiLift jack mount and also use spare tire locks etc and no one has ever had an issue. I've been using BOLT locks since the 1st year they were introduced at SEMA. Still have that pad lock and it's still fine.

I've even done a few mods to their hitch pins that allow me to use them to secure my MaxTrax, propane tanks on my RV, MORE hood mounted HiLift mount lock and locks for my shovel, axe and pick on my Pioneer Tool mount.

They do have a lifetime guarantee and no matter, I'll continue to use their products.

OP
OP
Remteck

Remteck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.remtech.solutions
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you mean by "a lotion".

When both locking mechanisms broke, neither was locked anymore. I don't know if that is a design so you don't get locked out or not. I have all kinds of BOLT products from hitch pins, spare tire locks, pad locks and cable locks for my e-bikes. I have friends that have their HiLift jack mount and also use spare tire locks etc and no one has ever had an issue. I've been using BOLT locks since the 1st year they were introduced at SEMA. Still have that pad lock and it's still fine.

I've even done a few mods to their hitch pins that allow me to use them to secure my MaxTrax, propane tanks on my RV, MORE hood mounted HiLift mount lock and locks for my shovel, axe and pick on my Pioneer Tool mount.

They do have a lifetime guarantee and no matter, I'll continue to use their products.
Sorry for the typo :) That's some great information. Thank you so very much!

jtnp

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Wannabe Four Wheeler
Sukemichi Jeep JL Hood Latch. Trust me on this one. I bought the Rampage and didn't like the big a** Rampage lettering. It also has a weird shiny metallic finish. The Sukemichi sounds like cheap junk, but it looks stock. Only $49.99 when it's in stock at Amazon and a 10 min install.
Sponsored