Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Geez, thanks for ruining that for me. I'll admit I've wanted the truck from Tremors for as long as I can remember. Was trying to get the money for Mickey Thompson tires to put on my CJ when I still had it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Geez, thanks for ruining that for me. I'll admit I've wanted the truck from Tremors for as long as I can remember. Was trying to get the money for Mickey Thompson
:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Geez, thanks for ruining that for me. I'll admit I've wanted the truck from Tremors for as long as I can remember. Was trying to get the money for Mickey Thompson tires to put on my CJ when I still had it.

I have that truck. ;) '73 Thriftside J-2000. One in the film was a '63ish J-200 Thriftside. Only difference is I've got a bigger rear window and a different grille, but those all interchange on FSJs anyways.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Actually, totally a child of the 80s, but never really liked the Gladiator name
I have no problem with the Gladiator name, though the first thing I did when I got mine home in 1982 was remove "Gladiator" from the hood. If you get it in just the right light, you can still see where the decals were. I do, however, have mixed feelings about the JT being called a Gladiator.

As for Mickey Thompsons...I had MT Baja-Belted tires on the Gladiator. Amazing tires for their time. They were on it when I sold it in 1996...and they were still on it when I bought it back in 2016. The fellow to whom I sold it put fewer than 9000 miles on it in 20 years and stored it inside. The Mickey Thompsons were still in great shape...lots of tread left and absolutely no cracks. But I replaced them within a few days. Twenty-five year old bias ply tires aren't known for their smooth ride.

Taking the Mickeys and the parents for a ride in the early 90's:

scramble3withparents.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like there was a change in the supplier for the instrument panel. Honestly I don't know what impact that will have or if the its a better or worse manufacture. It seems a bit late in the game for this type of change but maybe not?

https://www.toledoblade.com/busines...oit-manufacturing-systems/stories/20181024175
"Faurecia had planned to start instrument-panel production for Jeep’s midsized pickup in April"

Sounds like production was to start in April, so May to June for first orders?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
"Faurecia had planned to start instrument-panel production for Jeep’s midsized pickup in April"

Sounds like production was to start in April, so May to June for first orders?
Still surprised to hear there was a different supplier for this. I thought all the cabin crap was to be shared with the JL.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Good pick up, I just skimmed the article and read April as the day JTs will be in show rooms, but you read it correctly. I am glad to learn something new and pick up additional info, however it is disappointing to learn about the delay.

To bad we have to get this info in such a round about way. Sure would be nice if Jeep was transparent, at least with its most die heart fans.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Still surprised to hear there was a different supplier for this. I thought all the cabin crap was to be shared with the JL.
Its probably the same, but with some new Gladiator specific graphics and what not.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I never liked the Gladiator name either. I'd go with "Ridge Runner" personally.
Sponsored