Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Im personally waiting to see sarge in person still haven't seen any pictures of it and nothing in transit
Haven't seen the truck in Sarge, but was at our local dealer yesterday and they had at least 5 JLs in Sarge (they only have 5 trucks total.) I like my Gator color better, but Sarge would do just fine for me, as well.

Edit: Checked their online inventory-- they have 7 Sarge JLs on the lot and a few more in transit. They are counting on it being very popular!

Last edited:

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Stopped by the dealership yesterday, they have 10 Mohave JTs and nothing else. In the JL line they have over a dozen Islanders in different colors but no sports and no Rubi's. Who the hell is ordering for these guys ?

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Stopped by the dealership yesterday, they have 10 Mohave JTs and nothing else. In the JL line they have over a dozen Islanders in different colors but no sports and no Rubi's. Who the hell is ordering for these guys ?
Maybe a chance to get a deal on a Mojave?

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Maybe a chance to get a deal on a Mojave?
I would have ordered a Mojave if they would have offered the diesel but I ended up ordering a Rubi instead. Expect delivery next month :)

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Seeing lots of JTMs around here, too.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
a member on the JL side was kind enough to post this for me as I was interested in just how “yellow” it was. Jeep on right is hella yella

15ADE9D1-35B0-4F67-A265-23561098F49D.jpeg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
a member on the JL side was kind enough to post this for me as I was interested in just how “yellow” it was. Jeep on right is hella yella

15ADE9D1-35B0-4F67-A265-23561098F49D.jpeg
Great comparison! Hellayella would be awesome on a JT. I’m sure I’m not the only kid who played with Tonka trucks! :rock:

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
There is no such 4.1 transfer case. Probably a typo, but it is true that the system changes the 4.1 differential to 3.73 if you select the diesel engine.

I did.

With the Rubicon, you absolutely get the 4:1 Rock-Trac Part time 4WD. However, if you want the diesel, you cannot choose the optional 4:1 Rock-Trac FULL TIME 4WD.

edit: Just to clarify, the Part Time is a 3 position transfer case shifter (2H, 4H Part Time, 4L), the Full Time is a 4 position shifter (2H, 4H Part Time, 4H AUTO -aka Full Time, and 4L)

In both, 4L is the 4:1 gearing.
I have completed my order with the 4:1 Rock-Trac Part time 4WD. will be getting it march 29th, talked to dealer and if you look on page 170 of the 2021 owners manual, it describes a five position transfer case witch matches the picture of the selector on the Jeep website, it has 2H, 4H auto, 4H PT, N and 4L. this particular T-case in my opinion has the best of both worlds, the 4H Auto works with a viscus clutch system for normal road use - all wheel drive, however when in 4H pt or 4L it is mechanically locked for off road with the 4:1 ratio. you are correct about the issue with diesel as it is not currently an option.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I have completed my order with the 4:1 Rock-Trac Part time 4WD. will be getting it march 29th, talked to dealer and if you look on page 170 of the 2021 owners manual, it describes a five position transfer case witch matches the picture of the selector on the Jeep website, it has 2H, 4H auto, 4H PT, N and 4L. this particular T-case in my opinion has the best of both worlds, the 4H Auto works with a viscus clutch system for normal road use - all wheel drive, however when in 4H pt or 4L it is mechanically locked for off road with the 4:1 ratio. you are correct about the issue with diesel as it is not currently an option.
Exactly as I described in what you quoted (except I didn't count neutral as the 5th position!) Agreed it is the best of both worlds and I would consider trading up if it were available with an MT, but that's also not combination that is possible.

Edit: If you didn't order the optional "Full Time Rock-trac" transfer case ($695), you won't get the full time feature!

Edit edit: Hopefully your dealer guided you to get that. I just can't imagine why anyone would shy away from spending just another $700 to include that if available, unless there is either zero chance of you ever encountering icy/snowy roads or unless there is a downside to it that I am unaware of.

Last edited:

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Exactly as I described in what you quoted (except I didn't count neutral as the 5th position!) Agreed it is the best of both worlds and I would consider trading up if it were available with an MT, but that's also not combination that is possible.
I have concluded that all Jeep is gonna give us MT aficionados is the V6 gas and PT transfer case.

No Selec-trac, no diesel, no 4 turbo, no V8, no hybrid.

I will remain contented with what I have.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
A lot of people have said that Nacho is the same color that used to be called Dozer. But I had a Dozer JKU and to me Nacho has more orange in it. I don't think they're the same. Dozer was truly a dark yellow.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people have said that Nacho is the same color that used to be called Dozer. But I had a Dozer JKU and to me Nacho has more orange in it. I don't think they're the same. Dozer was truly a dark yellow.
I actually looked it up and they are the same paint code (Y5/PY5), so I believe them to be the same color.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually looked it up and they are the same paint code (Y5/PY5), so I believe them to be the same color.
I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. Before Gator Green, they used the same paint code (PGV) for a color they called "Deep Beryl Green Pearl." Why they re-use color codes for different colors is inexplicable. That PGV was nothing like Gator. Not a hint of Pearl in Gator. There's even a Youtube video from January 2019 (pre Gladiator release) where the "Jeep Informant" shows us what the Gator color was going to look like. What he shows is obviously not what Gator turned out to be.
Sponsored