Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
That’s what I’m thinking, the fox shocks would probably have to be valved differently to get the same ride. Even knowing that it’s hard to make a decision. Ugh, I have no idea what I want to go with.
I still think the Mojave actually launched unfinished - it's where they intend the V8 to go.
Sponsored

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Anyone think they could expand the max tow package to the Willys model or other models? I’d much rather order a Willys with 33s and max tow than a Sport S. Save me from finding Willy’s take offs and 33s

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Since I didn’t have a week to read through 52 pages.....

1. Address, improve and recall the diesel JTs for cooling improvements. The factory should be doing it, if not, then the aftermarket. The cooling is just not adequate for and sort of towing in anything above 70 degree weather. Today I was flat towing my 3400 lb TJ, ambient was 100, engine went to 240, oil to 265, trans was fine at 200-05. Unacceptable.

2. Address, improve and fix the piss poor diesel JT front spring and shock rates. I’ve already ordered a suspension, but stock is pathetic.

3. I never intend to take the top off and I know a few owners who won’t either. Instead of some sticker “package”, offer a one piece permanent top. I have a TJ with no top at all for nice days.

4. The diesel should be an option in the Mojave. If it was, that’s what I would have bought. A 4:1 low range in the transfer case is all but useless with an 8 speed auto. I have no use for it and May one day swap it for a standard case if the electrical crap can be worked around.

Don’t say I should have bought a gas motor.. had one.. didn’t care for it..

UM_Ftown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
One of the big reasons I haven’t pulled the trigger on an order already is that I love the Diesel engine, and I love the Mojave suspension, so I’ve been doing 100 different cost and feature analysis on whether I want a Mojave, Rubicon Diesel, or Overland diesel + build it. It doesn’t seem like Diesel Mojave will be a 2022 option, but maybe my option paralysis will prolong it enough where I c an confirm for sure.
I’ve lost track of how many sport s diesels I’ve optioned vs a Mojave with manual transmission. Decisions

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’ve lost track of how many sport s diesels I’ve optioned vs a Mojave with manual transmission. Decisions
I'm in the exact same boat. I wish they made the diesel with the manual....

Sponsored

Ry89JT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Is the Rivian something you can buy?
They are supposed to be delivering builds in Jan of 2022 (learned not to trust these dates). If you're asking if I can afford it ... yes. Almost seems like the only truck/car that has been over tested. Only issue I have is a fear of generation 1 of anything.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX570, Model Y
Anyone think they could expand the max tow package to the Willys model or other models? I’d much rather order a Willys with 33s and max tow than a Sport S. Save me from finding Willy’s take offs and 33s
Willys comes with narrow 32s

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I seriously doubt it, because to create the Max Tow package they had to change a lot of hardware. That's easy enough to do on a basic trim like Sport, but it doesn't work out on special trims like Willys, High Altitude, Freedom, etc. because it would sort of ruin the dynamic. A unique trim like those has to be specific in build.

1981HJ47

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom Edition
I seriously doubt it, because to create the Max Tow package they had to change a lot of hardware. That's easy enough to do on a basic trim like Sport, but it doesn't work out on special trims like Willys, High Altitude, Freedom, etc. because it would sort of ruin the dynamic. A unique trim like those has to be specific in build.
I have a Freedom with the max tow...actually works out pretty well with the package!

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I still think the Mojave actually launched unfinished - it's where they intend the V8 to go.
I doubt the Mojave will ever see other engine options because of its intended purpose. But I do think a V8 is more likley than a 4xe simply because it would be easier to manufacture and easier to get it to meet payload targets in the midsize chassis.

Since I didn’t have a week to read through 52 pages.....

1. Address, improve and recall the diesel JTs for cooling improvements. The factory should be doing it, if not, then the aftermarket. The cooling is just not adequate for and sort of towing in anything above 70 degree weather. Today I was flat towing my 3400 lb TJ, ambient was 100, engine went to 240, oil to 265, trans was fine at 200-05. Unacceptable.

2. Address, improve and fix the piss poor diesel JT front spring and shock rates. I’ve already ordered a suspension, but stock is pathetic.

3. I never intend to take the top off and I know a few owners who won’t either. Instead of some sticker “package”, offer a one piece permanent top. I have a TJ with no top at all for nice days.

4. The diesel should be an option in the Mojave. If it was, that’s what I would have bought. A 4:1 low range in the transfer case is all but useless with an 8 speed auto. I have no use for it and May one day swap it for a standard case if the electrical crap can be worked around.

Don’t say I should have bought a gas motor.. had one.. didn’t care for it..
1. There is no cooling improvement needed. The only people having issues are subjecting the diesel to heavy towing and/or high altitude, and EVERY truck overheats in those conditions as we've recently seen in TFL testing on their YouTube channels. There are many of us towing at maximum capacity without running too warm, much less hot.

2. I have a loaded diesel and it rides like a dream. I even have a winch and steel bumper now, no issues. I suspect those early builds may have mistakenly got the wrong coil springs on the assembly line, because the diesel JTs in general have no issues at all.

3. There are 6 midsize trucks on sale in this country that have fixed roofs. Jeep sells Jeeps.

4. I agree, I would have ordered a diesel Mojave without thinking twice. Too bad... But the 8-speed auto is the best transmission available in any truck in the U.S. It's the best thing that's happened to Jeeps since they hung two more doors on them in 2007.

I have a Freedom with the max tow...actually works out pretty well with the package!
Unless something changed recently, you can't have Max Tow on anything other than a Sport or Sport S.

Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Unless something changed recently, you can't have Max Tow on anything other than a Sport or Sport S.
The Freedom is available with max tow. It is a sport with Steel bumper group, LEDs, convenience, and 7 inch radio.

SouthTXJT

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
[/QUOTE]

I can confirm Max Tow on Freedom. Prior to getting my Mojave, I researched the trims and while Willys couldn't the Freedom could get the Max Tow. I think it's because it's more rooted on the Sport than Willys with its suspension off the JL Rubi. Wheels also similar to Sport as opposed to Willys or in my case the Texas Trail.

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
I doubt the Mojave will ever see other engine options because of its intended purpose. But I do think a V8 is more likley than a 4xe simply because it would be easier to manufacture and easier to get it to meet payload targets in the midsize chassis.

1. There is no cooling improvement needed. The only people having issues are subjecting the diesel to heavy towing and/or high altitude, and EVERY truck overheats in those conditions as we've recently seen in TFL testing on their YouTube channels. There are many of us towing at maximum capacity without running too warm, much less hot.

2. I have a loaded diesel and it rides like a dream. I even have a winch and steel bumper now, no issues. I suspect those early builds may have mistakenly got the wrong coil springs on the assembly line, because the diesel JTs in general have no issues at all.

3. There are 6 midsize trucks on sale in this country that have fixed roofs. Jeep sells Jeeps.

4. I agree, I would have ordered a diesel Mojave without thinking twice. Too bad... But the 8-speed auto is the best transmission available in any truck in the U.S. It's the best thing that's happened to Jeeps since they hung two more doors on them in 2007.

The limited Freedom edition had that as an option (almost bought one off the lot). Freedom, California, Texas Trail, 80th anniversary are (or were) all derived from the Sport as you can easily see from the order guide.

Willys and Willys S are also built on Sport so having Max Tow could happen.

Last edited:

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
there is always next year…anyone know how the 392 is selling ? I see them pop up on a regular basis at our local Jeep dealer and disappear quickly too

UM_Ftown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
They are supposed to be delivering builds in Jan of 2022 (learned not to trust these dates). If you're asking if I can afford it ... yes. Almost seems like the only truck/car that has been over tested. Only issue I have is a fear of generation 1 of anything.
They were kinda featured in Long Way Up even though it was a show based on a motorcycle trip.
Sponsored