2022 Rumors?

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What's so special about UC5 that everyone is getting wet or their boxers in a bunch over?

If you're so tech driven......think you're looking at the wrong platform (shrugs)
For me it was simply wireless apple carplay or android auto. Just less wires on the dash. But I said screw it and just ordered.
Sponsored

JeeperPeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, Mustang Mach-e
Nothing changed except for colors, a slight price bump, and the Rubicon coming standard with a few more features. You could wait for the 2023 but seeing as how the 2022 orders just started, you might be waiting until next October before even being able to order a 2023.
If Gupton comes back with a decent deal below invoice, I will probably still jump at it. I can’t wait until 2023 to experience that open air bliss! Maybe another color will pop up before I lose patience… later this week, haha.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
If Gupton comes back with a decent deal below invoice, I will probably still jump at it. I can’t wait until 2023 to experience that open air bliss! Maybe another color will pop up before I lose patience… later this week, haha.
Someone in the Gupton thread posted an email response from him saying they'll be honoring the "forum discount" or something to that effect.

I requested on Friday night to be added to his call list for 2022 orders, so I can't confirm for myself yet until he's able to reach back out to me.

JeeperPeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, Mustang Mach-e
Someone in the Gupton thread posted an email response from him saying they'll be honoring the "forum discount" or something to that effect.

I requested on Friday night to be added to his call list for 2022 orders, so I can't confirm for myself yet until he's able to reach back out to me.
Got this on Saturday from Renee at Gupton: “Currently the affiliate rewards is not available on the wrangler or the gladiator. We are hoping it will be soon. Since that reward is not available Daniel is working on some discounts for the 2022's and we will let everyone know what that is as soon as we can.”

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I’m assuming that’s for 2022s
Doesn't make sense---no one could order a '22 until Friday and as fast as they sell I sincerely doubt not one dealership would order a sarge green.

Sponsored

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Doesn't make sense---no one could order a '22 until Friday and as fast as they sell I sincerely doubt not one dealership would order a sarge green.
Coulda been one dealerships sales screen shot, it was Saturday morning it was posted not sure?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What's so special about UC5 that everyone is getting wet or their boxers in a bunch over?

If you're so tech driven......think you're looking at the wrong platform (shrugs)
There is a lot more flexibility and expandability of having an Android based system. OTA updates are more seamless. Instead of being crippled with running a few apps through Android Auto on your phone, more apps can be run directly from the Android OS on the radio.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Can anyone clarify if the 7 inch radio screen is now on the standard Sport? Is the 5 inch completely gone from the 2022 lineup?

Hopefully this means I can snag a deal on a take off 7 inch radio when somebody wants the 8.4.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So I'm guessing Silver Zynith is a brighter silver than Billet was? I actually loved Billet because it was darker and different.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Can anyone clarify if the 7 inch radio screen is now on the standard Sport? Is the 5 inch completely gone from the 2022 lineup?

Hopefully this means I can snag a deal on a take off 7 inch radio when somebody wants the 8.4.
You can buy mine when the Gladiator gets delivered if you want. Im swapping to Insane Audio.

Sponsored

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
There is a lot more flexibility and expandability of having an Android based system. OTA updates are more seamless. Instead of being crippled with running a few apps through Android Auto on your phone, more apps can be run directly from the Android OS on the radio.
Im not sure that the app availability is going to be dramatically different. A lot of that is governed so that they cant put browsers or netflix or whatever. So you are pretty much limited to audio apps - and those are already present.

IMO the bigger thing was the speed, reliability and wireless (updates and connections).

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS

It appears so and I'm just realizing that due to your post. 7inch touch screen radio is standard according to page 25 standard equipment. I guess the technology group includes a 7inch display in the gauge cluster now as well.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Im not sure that the app availability is going to be dramatically different. A lot of that is governed so that they cant put browsers or netflix or whatever. So you are pretty much limited to audio apps - and those are already present.

IMO the bigger thing was the speed, reliability and wireless (updates and connections).
Moved my thoughts over here. Biggest thing for me was the potential for a future unlock (tazer) of the unit to realize it's full potential. The factory look is fantastic, not a fan of the Alpine or Insane Audio looks. The IA is better, I just don't like the graffiti font.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Moved my thoughts over here. Biggest thing for me was the potential for a future unlock (tazer) of the unit to realize it's full potential. The factory look is fantastic, not a fan of the Alpine or Insane Audio looks. The IA is better, I just don't like the graffiti font.
I doubt any factory head unit will be unlocked for full app capability. That goes for all cars.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
IDK, I'm 42 and work in cyber.

I just don't see the need for apps from my phone to be in or attached to my vehicle. You should be driving and not playing with apps.

Not only that, I could go on a rant about the potential vulnerabilities of doing so, but I won't.
Sponsored