First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Maybe research battery technology? Jeep has the worst battery technology out there. If we were comparing internet speeds, they are dial up. BTW, you do pay as you have to charge your vehicle at home. Off peak hours aren't bad, but you act like ~21 miles in the Wrangler 4xe is something to write home about. Guess what you get in the winter? Guess what you get with the AC running? Guess what you get with the heated seats and steering wheel on? Until you have lived with a 4xe, you should probably not discuss the pros/cons or speculate.

Edit: Care to speculate on range when you hit 55mph plus? I don't mind sharing.
I have 14.4kW solar, owned, and has already paid for itself. Anything I plug in charges for free. My colleague has one - loves it. Winter is not worth mentioning in SoCal. The 4xe makes sense here.
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
So do you have to get the X package to get color matching fenders? It looks that way on the guide.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
So do you have to get the X package to get color matching fenders? It looks that way on the guide.
Looks that way. They greatly simplified the options into packages, at end user cost of course because if you want 1 thing you may have buy 10 things.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Looks that way. They greatly simplified the options into packages, at end user cost of course because if you want 1 thing you may have buy 10 things.
Well, that sucks.

Sponsored

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Wow, a lot of disappointment and gloom and doom on this thread. I'm a little surprised by the reaction. Anyone paying attention should have anticipated that the 2024 Gladiator would essentially copy/paste the mid-cycle updates from the Wrangler. Hell, when it was unveiled in 2019 the Gladiator basically looked like the JL that had already been on the market for two years.

Maybe Jeep should have just introduced the Gladiator alongside the refreshed Wrangler. I get the marketing reasons for not doing so but now as a standalone event it feels like a letdown.

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
Well, that sucks.
Yes, it does.

I'm sure, in the long run, it will save Stellantis money but could possibly cost them the brand.

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
Wow, a lot of disappointment and gloom and doom on this thread. I'm a little surprised by the reaction. Anyone paying attention should have anticipated that the 2024 Gladiator would essentially copy/paste the mid-cycle updates from the Wrangler. Hell, when it was unveiled in 2019 the Gladiator basically looked like the JL that had already been on the market for two years.

Maybe Jeep should have just introduced the Gladiator alongside the refreshed Wrangler. I get the marketing reasons for not doing so but now as a standalone event it feels like a letdown.
If it had been a copy/paste of the JL, people would have been less disappointed. No 4xe, no full float axle, less individual options, no XR. Anything other than the JL refresh was wishful thinking. WE did not get that.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I was being facetious. I'm very familiar with full float vs partial float axles. I own several heavy duty pickups from a RAM 2500 to a Ford F-550 and I service everything I own including the Gladiator. My point is that running 37's or larger on Dana 44 axles, full float or not, is not a smart choice...especially if any off-road driving will be done. The D44 is a strong axle but its not a D60, and let's be honest...the Gladiator is not a lightweight vehicle.
You do realize that the new gen of Dana44s are supposed to be almost if not as strong as the last gen of dana60s, right? The D44 now can easily accommodate 37s off-road, just not ball busting KOH type of shit. Yea things will break but with how these D44s are engineered now, 37s are fine for moderate offloading.

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
If it had been a copy/paste of the JL, people would have been less disappointed. No 4xe, no full float axle, less individual options, no XR. Anything other than the JL refresh was wishful thinking. WE did not get that.
I mean 4xe is obviously coming since the full lineup will be electrified by 2025. Jim Morrison even confirmed it today. Not sure what the hold up is but maybe the engineers aren't quite happy with it on the JT yet. Regardless, 4xe and XR were not part of the recent mid-cycle refresh on the JL - they preceded it. Jeep sells more than 3x as many Wranglers as Gladiators so it's not surprising that Wrangler might get some wheeling goodies or powertrains that Gladiator does not. I'm not saying those things wouldn't be nice. I'm just surprised that people are apparently just now figuring out Gladiator is second fiddle to Wrangler. It always has been.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
With the lack of changes and obvious increase in MSRP, this "refresh" solidifies that Stellantis is not interested in competing in the mid-size segment and may be killing the JT off by design.

Sorry to be a Buzzkill but my prediction is that Glad production will end after the 2025 model year (if it makes it that far).

Last edited:

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Maybe the reason they didn't announce the 4xe is that they have so many 23's left and now giving huge discount to move them. It would hurt the sell of the 23s with so many people interested in the 4xe. Potential midyear introduction?

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone think the new grill looks to small in 3/4 profile view? I guess I will get used to it. But it seems odd.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Wondering if the new radio screen will be able to be fitted to previous years.
It would be a whole dash assembly swap if even possible. There is two many overlaying panel and trim bits for it to be able to have a seamless radio swap scabbed onto a 2023 and prior model.

Since the radio is also integrated to the HVAC control, there is a good chance it would not even talk on the can bus on prior year models.
Sponsored