First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
BFGs tend to be the smallest in any stated diameter, in my experience. I've also measured Procomp 37s at just a tiny hair under 37. However they are not DOT tires and wear fast on pavement. The Goodyear MT/Rs on my JK were 34.8 for a 35, while the BFGs were much closer to 34. Mostly nobody gives you the full size, like a 55" TV is only 54.1, rounded up in marketing numbers.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That looks amazing. Are you saying that the JTR Rubicon will not rub with Kumho 37s at full stuff/tilt with the stock suspension?
I honestly have no idea. I didn't even think to take a picture of the collapsed side to see how close to the bump stops I was. Next time I do that, I will. But, if they did, those tires don't have a super aggressive sidewall, so I don't think it would have really messed anything up if they did slightly rub... Personal opinion.

The reason I stopped right there, is because that was where the passenger rear tire started to spin & loose traction (which is close to the point where you stop trying to go up an RTI ramp, and measure). So I used that standard of measurement of "max flex" to stop going further. That's why when I do a test like that, I do it in 2wd with the diffs open, so the rear tire will slip and spin-over, so I know when to stop pushing forward, if I'm by myself.

Keep in mind, I'm running a 2.5" spacer lift in the front, and a 1" spacer in the rear. It's a kit by Skyjacker part # is G250MSB.

Here's a thread about it...

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/skyjacker-g250msb.28909/

Here's a few more of the test...

Jeep Gladiator 37″ vs 35″ Tires Side-by-Side Comparison Look JTR 2
Jeep Gladiator 37″ vs 35″ Tires Side-by-Side Comparison Look JTR 3
Jeep Gladiator 37″ vs 35″ Tires Side-by-Side Comparison Look IMG_2706
Jeep Gladiator 37″ vs 35″ Tires Side-by-Side Comparison Look IMG_2704

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
With full 37s you won't be able to stow a full size spare under the bed. I am running 35 Toyos. They are a full 35.

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Overland
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
With full 37s you won't be able to stow a full size spare under the bed. I am running 35 Toyos. They are a full 35.
I've heard that too. I'm also running 35s (Nitto Ridge Grapplers).

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We have a whole thread somewhere in this section with a list of what 37's have been tested and what will and won't fit under the bed...

Nolan

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Commander Overland, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm running 37" Grabber X3, which by my measurements are really close to a full 37". It could almost/just barely fit it in my spare spot (had to really under-inflate it). I put on a Rock Krawler X-Factor No-Limits suspension, which eliminates the rear sway bar, and it fits just fine.

We love our 37" tires on our JT and it feels and looks 'right'. I can live with the stock gearing, but I don't tow much. The only thing I don't like is that it can hunt for the right gear sometimes.

I'll probably go up to 4.88 just for grins, but don't think anything higher is needed at all.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Another thing to note is the Rubicon high fender vs the sport fenders... They can make tires appear smaller as well.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Sport S with JKS 3.5 and 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2.

The lift is 3.5 front and 2 rear. I like how the 35s look as they don’t crowd the wheel wells. 37s would obviously fit, but I’m sure they would rub during tuck without swapping fenders.

Also, it looks nose high, but that’s the angle of the driveway. It sits just less than a 1/2 inch higher in rear.

Jeep Gladiator 37″ vs 35″ Tires Side-by-Side Comparison Look 9CC3A66A-701B-4F6D-A300-C55EADC5DEC2

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
So to confirm: BFG KO2s 37” fit ok in the spare well?

Any handling comments?

I need really stiff side walls as the Summerset E2 off road trailer (high center of gravity and short wb... so inherently unstable).

High speed on 31” KO2s on a V8 Colorado are fine by the way.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So to confirm: BFG KO2s 37” fit ok in the spare well?

Any handling comments?

I need really stiff side walls as the Summerset E2 off road trailer (high center of gravity and short wb... so inherently unstable).

High speed on 31” KO2s on a V8 Colorado are fine by the way.
35” will fit in spare location, 37’s will with an air down

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Thanks.

Yes.

That’s what I had heard with regular 37 inch tires. I was just wondering if the KO2s, being less than 37 inches, might fit with usable air.

I’m also wondering if the extra torque of the diesel will negate the use of gearing down as is commonly done with 37’s.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I’m also wondering if the extra torque of the diesel will negate the use of gearing down as is commonly done with 37’s.
The diesels were announced with taller gearing, which already changes things to fit the diesel. So a major change in tire size still might need a gearing change, depending on your usage and terrain.
Sponsored