Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
sasquatch on most models isn't really a great idea. big bend or black diamond or outer banks you're just better off getting a badlands without sasquatch than those models with sasquatch. badlands it's a $2500 35 inch wheel and tire package with a .43 inch lift. Most people would spend at least that on their own 35s and rims so it's actually not a bad deal, assuming you like the rims and dont want larger than 35s. But on base, it's a monster value.

But your 40k to 43k comparison isn't exactly apples to apples. for starters 40k base 2dr sasquatch is including an automatic, whereas your stripped rubi base isn't, so we're already up to 45k. Secondly the base sasquatch is once again more in line with the xtreme recon, which isn't available on a rubi 2dr, but if it were it'd still be a 4k package. so apples to apples it's 40k without a sway disconnect vs what would cost from jeep if available 49k with a sway disconnect.
Its 40K for a manual or auto sasquatch in the base and the target market for a stripper is going to want a manual. Base 2DR rubicon, small lift, 33's. Base sas, same off road equipment as the rubi minus swaybar, small lift, 35's, worse interior, worse entertainment center, worse resale (in a normal world as base versions of any vehicle always have the worst resale). Off road the Base 2DR rubi on 33's still more capable, so no need for XR package if you're looking for a stripper starter rig.

Even adding the auto to make it 45K if you up the base bronco to at least have the basics (skid plates, etc) that come on the rubicon you're at 42K so its still a 3K. Ford did the porsche way of getting fake MSRP's, make EVERYTHING optional and quote that as the "starting" price. I'm sure if jeep did the same thing and dropped the rubicon to a the 5" uconnect, no floor mats, no skid plates, no side rails, they could probably get down to 40K advertised price too
Sponsored

Victoryrider78

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales / Operations Support
I couldn't afford a 392 JT and have no interest in a 4Xe JT.

Hey Jeep! How about make the 5.7L Hemi a $2-$3K option across all the JT trim levels? I would trade mine in tomorrow for one and I'll bet you would sell a ton of them.
I would be number 2 in line for this option! That would be the truck to have.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

Hey Jeep! How about make the 5.7L Hemi a $2-$3K option across all the JT trim levels? I would trade mine in tomorrow for one and I'll bet you would sell a ton of them.
This is me 1000%

Is it brand-wide EPA standards that prevent this? Or cooling?

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Xtreme recon was already a poor answer to Sasquatch. Only Rubicon automatic 4drs first, then barely expanded to willys automatic 4drs? Please. It's a joke. If xtreme ever comes to gladiators, it'll be the same restrictions. Automatic only. Rubi and willys only.

Also why stop at 8 inch wide rims? Would 8.5s really have been that hard? Jeep doesn't even want to try to touch the value of a base 2dr bronco sasquatch, and I don't understand why. Maybe once Ford stops fucking up their entire production line and demand and supply are more in line, jeep might have to answer for someone eating their lunch. For now? Ford as a threat is a whisper on the edge of hearing. But eventually growing pains and supply constraints will pass.

As for the 392, it's too rich for my blood. If someone can explain why a v8 is a $3000 option on a ram and a $30000 option on a wrangler, I'm all ears. Is the extra 27k the special intake?

The 392 is based on a loaded Rubicon, not a base Rubicon. So the V8 is not a 30k option. Its closer to a 15k option (still a lot, but not nearly what the aftermarket charges for a 6.4 conversion).

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The 392 is based on a loaded Rubicon, not a base Rubicon. So the V8 is not a 30k option. Its closer to a 15k option (still a lot, but not nearly what the aftermarket charges for a 6.4 conversion).
That's a fair point that I completely overlooked. Went back to the B&P to check the numbers, it's 19k over the 4cyl, 17k over the etorque

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ

Been said many times - any gas hog has to be limited to save Jeep's already hurting CAFE rating. As popular as a 5.7L Wrangler/Gladiator or 3.5TT/5.0L Bronco would be, these companies are beholden to regulations first and customer demand second.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Been said many times - any gas hog has to be limited to save Jeep's already hurting CAFE rating. As popular as a 5.7L Wrangler/Gladiator or 3.5TT/5.0L Bronco would be, these companies are beholden to regulations first and customer demand second.
That's why we will see a 4xe Gladiator and probably nothing else. It will take a change in administration and policy before the less economical options are offered.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
5.7 with a stick would've gotten my attention but otherwise no thanks.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't get the 4xe. It seems to be just a short term entry point into full electrics. The tech with the 4xe is something else to fail. Especially with a FCA product lol.
But you don't have to stop every 250 miles to recharge, but I get your point. You can only run off-road on electric for about 20-25 miles.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A Gladiator 4xE would solve some of the CAFE issues, so that's my bet.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 is as bad as 1972

That being said, the XR package is actually a good deal when you factor in price of wheels, tires, gears, labor, etc
Nobody is bitching about the value of the XR. They are bitching that its only available on very limited spec Jeeps.

In contrast you can get the Sasquatch on ANY bronco. Including the base truck. (BaseSquatch) so for less than 40k, you get
35s
Beadlock capable wheels
4.88 gears
Fancy Bilstein shocks
Front and rear lockers
A small lift.

Its a steal. If they would make XR available on the Sport. It would sell gazillions.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be number 2 in line for this option! That would be the truck to have.
A 5.7 vs a Pentastar is the difference between effortless power and the need to drop 2 gears to pass someone on the highway.

The 5.7 is not a beast. its just ENOUGH.

But unfortunately we won't get it because of CAFE.

We have lots of other stupid stuff b because of CAFE. 2 ridiculous batteries. Front axle disconnect. All stupid fragile crap in the name of scraping up another .25 mpg.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Nobody is bitching about the value of the XR. They are bitching that its only available on very limited spec Jeeps.

In contrast you can get the Sasquatch on ANY bronco. Including the base truck. (BaseSquatch) so for less than 40k, you get
35s
Beadlock capable wheels
4.88 gears
Fancy Bilstein shocks
Front and rear lockers
A small lift.

Its a steal. If they would make XR available on the Sport. It would sell gazillions.
You’re right
Sponsored