Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Thats why i liked my Ram 2500.

“Did you regear for those 42” tires?” “Na man. I have 1200lb/ft of tq starting at about 1,000rpm. Gears are for jeeps with small weak ass engines”
Ran 38s on my gas jt and was about it’s limit to me. The jt diesel I have these on with gears is great. Would never do it on a gas. @KurtP what year was your ram?
Sponsored

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
This, the obsession for having the biggest tires is mind numbing to me.

If your idea of off roading is the speed bumps at the mall, go for it.
No way I would run more than 35's on aluminum knuckles.
For the overlanding I mostly do in cali and Idaho the bigger tires works perfect for my use. Much better than a 37 or 38.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
For the overlanding I mostly do in cali and Idaho the bigger tires works perfect for my use. Much better than a 37 or 38.
HAHAHAHAHAH ‘the fuck out of here dude. Ive been all over the US and Africa on 31.5-33” tires.

Bro, you didnt need $40k in axles and lift. Just stop. Seriously.

Just own it and say “Fuck you. this is fucking America, I got a shit ton of disposable cash, and Ill drive a big ass fucking Jeep because i fucking want to.”

But dont come at us with the “i needed dana60’s and 42’s for camping trips.” Ain’t a person here buying that bullshit.

XJhawk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
I have off roaded most all of the southwest on 35s in Wranglers, and never had a desire to move up.
I spend the money on skid plates and reducing snags, keep my COG low.
If you are doing a dedicated overland build, why in the world would you lift all that weight even higher?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I have off roaded most all of the southwest on 35s in Wranglers, and never had a desire to move up.
I spend the money on skid plates and reducing snags, keep my COG low.
If you are doing a dedicated overland build, why in the world would you lift all that weight even higher?
B53E85B4-9292-4393-A893-5822AD8D7723.jpeg

Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Serious question: what's the biggest tire one can run on the JT with commonly available parts? Jeep Jamborrees have a cut off at 40s. I call them party poopers. Can we go 60s?

Last edited:

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
[QUssOTE="KurtP, post: 663796, member: 34600"]
37’s aren’t big anymore. I vote 4.5-6” lift and 42” MTR’s. Remember. If you still have bed space after lifting, you’re doing it wrong.

35-37” tires might get you down the trail. But they’ll never bring you glory on the ‘gram. Defeat the purpose of having a pick up truck in the first place. Go 42’s.

Your destiny awaits.
[/QUOTE]
Say goodbye to the factory warranty.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
[QUssOTE="KurtP, post: 663796, member: 34600"]
37’s aren’t big anymore. I vote 4.5-6” lift and 42” MTR’s. Remember. If you still have bed space after lifting, you’re doing it wrong.

35-37” tires might get you down the trail. But they’ll never bring you glory on the ‘gram. Defeat the purpose of having a pick up truck in the first place. Go 42’s.

Your destiny awaits.
Say goodbye to the factory warranty.
[/QUOTE]

Most of us said goodbye to that the day we drove off the lot

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I personally really appreciate the look of a 2.5-3.5” lift and 37s with sport size fenders. The green one has the mopar lift which tends to be about 2.5” lift and I apologize for not knowing who’s it is. These jeeps all look a lot bigger in person than they do in pictures, and they’re super capable especially with a good belly skid

The blue sport belongs to @TylereWithAnE and is around 3.5-4”

The blue rubicon is another one I don’t have user info for but that’s a Clayton 3.5” lift on 37/13.5/18s

If you want more “wow” factor, get 13.5” tires. Makes them look chunkier

4DFFF2DD-4C21-4964-88FA-514AE00A52E5.jpeg

F979DCFC-AF07-4E5E-8D77-6AF439585CA2.jpeg

2851C406-F477-48E2-B241-849C2420AC1C.jpeg

81D8BD88-B2EB-4994-B88F-C56793AA7F98.jpeg

CB3BB24A-2370-49F1-8B28-F05299496706.jpeg

FFB0FB75-A58A-42F7-8B6F-186BBA130AD4.jpeg

Last edited:

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think I’m going to continue to “small ballin it” on 33s. I’ll save the 40k in case I need a therapist for future feelings of inadequacy that may or may not arise. Besides, at my age I’m not into spitting a testicle out my pant leg just to climb aboard.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dtrues878

Dtrues878

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks for all the info people!! Man you really can learn a lot about people by a simple post on a Gladiator forum. Like... I'm guessing something traumatic happened in KurtP's past having to do with 40" tires to cause such disgust against the tire... Jk Kurt jk 😂

I am going to go with the 37's because my 6 year old is going to love it!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Thanks for all the info people!! Man you really can learn a lot about people by a simple post on a Gladiator forum. Like... I'm guessing something traumatic happened in KurtP's past having to do with 40" tires to cause such disgust against the tire... Jk Kurt jk 😂

I am going to go with the 37's because my 6 year old is going to love it!
I guess my point is as much to anyone reading as it is to you.

If you want to run 40’s because you want to run 40’s; then run 40’s. It’s America. Enjoy the heck out of it.

If you want a big ass Jeep because you like big ass jeeps, then build you a big ass Jeep and enjoy the heck out of it.

If you want to bash down the hardest of hard core trails, and have a shit ton of cash to burn (I dont) then build you a big ass truck on Dana 60’s and 40-42’s and enjoy the heck out of it.

But if the question is “hey, i want to wheel this thing, what do I need?” Then you probably dont need 40’s. And you DEFINITELY need to be aware of what is truly involved in going to a tire that big to actually wheel it.

I fully admit I have 37’s because of the look. I knew what parts I wanted for my lift for the drive I know I wanted. When that was done, with the spring rates i wanted, with the shock mounts that worked with my Mojave shocks, a 35 would have looked too small. Had there been a 35” option at the time, i would have probably gone that route. But I know what comes with going 37’s, and the trade offs were worth it. It meant lift. And gears. And ball joints. And a tie rod. And a drag link. And the control arms. It will mean chromo shafts sooner rather than later. Etc I can park at work and in my garage, so, 🤷🏼‍♂️

Its a personal thing, that i think a lot of people see ‘gram builds flexed out (and it does look cool) and think thats what they “need” to go wheeling/camping. This steers people wrong and into builds that are too involved, too expensive, and too extreme for what they want. Now you cant park in the garage deck. Or in the garage at home. Its a pain in the ass to drive around. It costs to maintain it. Etc etc etc I mean shit. You toss on the absolute bare minimum to run 40’s, and you could end up with death wobble your first drive to work or on a trip with your kids on the interstate and flip the jeep. You might break your axle shaft your first wheeling trip; and if youre by yourself or with another guy who doesnt know shit about fixing trucks and you’re PROPER fucked.

Id just hate for someone to come here asking for advice; possibly be on a budget; and get steered into something too deep and end up hating life because of the burden.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I guess my point is as much to anyone reading as it is to you.

If you want to run 40’s because you want to run 40’s; then run 40’s. It’s America. Enjoy the heck out of it.

If you want a big ass Jeep because you like big ass jeeps, then build you a big ass Jeep and enjoy the heck out of it.

If you want to bash down the hardest of hard core trails, and have a shit ton of cash to burn (I dont) then build you a big ass truck on Dana 60’s and 40-42’s and enjoy the heck out of it.

But if the question is “hey, i want to wheel this thing, what do I need?” Then you probably dont need 40’s. And you DEFINITELY need to be aware of what is truly involved in going to a tire that big to actually wheel it.

I fully admit I have 37’s because of the look. I knew what parts I wanted for my lift for the drive I know I wanted. When that was done, with the spring rates i wanted, with the shock mounts that worked with my Mojave shocks, a 35 would have looked too small. Had there been a 35” option at the time, i would have probably gone that route. But I know what comes with going 37’s, and the trade offs were worth it. I can park at work and in my garage, so, 🤷🏼‍♂️

Its a personal thing, that i think a lot of people see ‘gram builds flexed out (and it does look cool) and think thats what they “need” to go wheeling/camping. This steers people wrong and into builds that are too involved, too expensive, and too extreme for what they want. Now you cant park in the garage deck. Or in the garage at home. Its a pain in the ass to drive around. It costs to maintain it. Etc etc etc

Id just hate for someone to come here asking for advice; possibly be on a budget; and get steered into something too deep and end up hating life because of the burden.
Great post!

Elkhunter1948

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fly Fisherman/Elk Hunter
Where are you carrying your spare 37-40"? I spoke with a Jeep Gladiator outfitter in Victoria B.C. and he shared a story of a 37" needing to removed from the spare tire carrier with a pry bar. This is not a position that I would like to be in out in the bush by myself! I think that I will stick with a 35" tire as the preferred size and still be able to store my full-size spare under the truck.

JD D05

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have very little experience Jeeping, I purchased a Gladiator 2 months ago and than my brother and dad purchased one also. We all did the Mopar lift with a additional level and a pass through steering shock. I did 37's and so did my brother but told my dad to go with the 35's. No doubt the Jeep is happier with the 35's but I am very happy with the 37's. I can drive around the the 4:10 gears but absolutely needs to be re geared. I have no intention to do any advanced rock crawling but more over landing with mild to medium obstacles. For example the Devils Race Track in the swell etc. With all that said I personally would not do 40's but if that is what you want than do it.

I do have a couple mild regrets with the Mopar lift and am going to upgrade to teraflex control arms that are adjustable for more castor for better highway manners. Also it needs about another inch in the front to sit level and planning on getting some adapters to kick the tires out another inch ( if this is a bad idea please let me know).

I am also doing a bunch of paint work this coming week and absolutely love this vehicle.

Mine
Jeep Gladiator 40" tires... Talk me out of it 20210210_145500

Dad's with 35's
Jeep Gladiator 40" tires... Talk me out of it IMG-20210203-WA0000
Sponsored