Sponsored

67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Depends on what you think "ripped off" means. I think everyone is taking their cues from RAM and nobody else is ripped off besides them. Also, if a company doesn't sell on Amazon and other convenient places...meh...I'll probably go with the competitor who does.
Sponsored

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I buy quality, availability and price in that order. When I had my first Wrangler, I bought 67D. With the Gladiator 67D was sold out so I researched other options and found Bulletproof and Tackform. Tackform was right around the same price, had the same fit, form and function as 67D and Bulletproof but the parts were readily in stock. When I asked a question online they responded almost immediately so they got my money. The thought that anyone had ripped of 67D never crossed my mind.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Depends on what you think "ripped off" means. I think everyone is taking their cues from RAM and nobody else is ripped off besides them. Also, if a company doesn't sell on Amazon and other convenient places...meh...I'll probably go with the competitor who does.
So obviously you don't agree with my reply to your previous post on the previous page about how the 67d vs. Bulletproof is not the same as your RAM "rip-off" opinion?

Just Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ME: 2021 JT Mojave, Wife: 2023 JT Mojave
I wanted to buy 67D and did for everything (rail, balls, arms) but the phone holders. I ended up with the Bulletproof for the phone holders because 67D never had it in stock. The phone holder was also half the price with Bulletproof.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
So obviously you don't agree with my reply to your previous post on the previous page about how the 67d vs. Bulletproof is not the same as your RAM "rip-off" opinion?
Correct, I don't agree, and also had no desire to argue. But I think the majority of the pieces are all just clones of each other, or whatever. I have no idea about the one specific piece you mentioned. Taken as a whole, they are all just "rip offs" of RAM products.

I'm piecing together my new mount with parts from the best of all these. I have no interest in anything that isn't a true, wired, drop-in dock. Nobody seems to make that in a ready to go kit for the JT. And the Garmin requires its own dock with AMPS mount. So it's a matter of a JT-specific base, some appropriate balls, arms, and AMPS ends.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Correct, I don't agree, and also had no desire to argue. But I think the majority of the pieces are all just clones of each other, or whatever. I have no idea about the one specific piece you mentioned. Taken as a whole, they are all just "rip offs" of RAM products.
Agree to disagree! 🍻

(But you're wrong)

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I wanted to keep my ram mounts from my previous vehicle when I got my JTR AND i wanted to preserve the cubby space in the dash. And I didn't want to blow a lot of $$$ on carbon fiber. The weight savings are irrelevant etc. I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MLFR2QD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Looks like this - installed in 30 seconds with a philips screw driver. No need to drop the windshield. I have two ram mounts. One that Is pretty fixed using allen head screws on a clamp, and the other on a lobster claw mount that I can move easily. And I have room for a go pro in the middle.

I know this looks a bit odd but I have a work phone and a personal phone so I only connect one to the Uconnect - the other gets charged from the cigarette lighter and I interfact through blue tooth ear piece. Its super cool and my kids think I am totally rad... BUT this nets me two phones that do not interfere with the steering wheel, or bock the Uconnect screen or the HVAC vents. And, although it is not properly adjusted now, this allows me to get the mounts lower to avoid covering up the windshield.
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 20210204_145238

Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 20210204_145151
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 20210204_145109
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 20210204_145100

Forgot to mention that I think the RAM X mounts are great - they are flexible and stable - both of those are more than 3 years old and are strong.

Jooshs

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Enjoying my new Bulletpoint with the MagSafe charger attached and the wire routed to a splitter behind the dash for a clean completely wireless solution and mechanical(less?) mount.
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? CFC84F8E-558E-49A1-B76A-F64900193DF5

Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 9F3FF1D5-D843-4D3D-8E82-CEDC398BC612

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Enjoying my new Bulletpoint with the MagSafe charger attached and the wire routed to a splitter behind the dash for a clean completely wireless solution and mechanical(less?) mount.
Jeep Gladiator 67 Designs or Bulletproof Mounting Solutions? 9F3FF1D5-D843-4D3D-8E82-CEDC398BC612

Did you do something to get wireless CarPlay? Jeeps says it isn't supported.

Sponsored

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Did you do something to get wireless CarPlay? Jeeps says it isn't supported.
I’ve been running wireless CarPlay for a few months and for the most part it works flawlessly.

Treyfoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
CFC84F8E-558E-49A1-B76A-F64900193DF5.jpeg

9F3FF1D5-D843-4D3D-8E82-CEDC398BC612.jpeg
This is by far one of the best soulutions I’ve seen.

Questions:

Which MagSafe charger did you use and how did you attach it?
How hard was it to splice the wire in the back?
Which port are you attaching your wireless CarPlay?

Thank you! I plan to duplicate.

Jooshs

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
This is by far one of the best soulutions I’ve seen.

Questions:

Which MagSafe charger did you use and how did you attach it?
How hard was it to splice the wire in the back?
Which port are you attaching your wireless CarPlay?

Thank you! I plan to duplicate.
Thanks! I thought pretty hard on it before going this route. I used the Apple MagSafe charger. That just magnetically attaches the Bulletpoint magnetic mount. Nothing special there at all. I was pleasantly surprised that it is rock solid in attaching that way.

I used the splitter linked below to splice off of the 12 volt cigarette lighter and the 12 volt usb dual charger linked below to plug in the MagSafe charger. There was plenty of room behind the dash to the left of the cigarette lighter in a pocket next to the steering column to tucker it all away. It was a twenty minute project in all. I did get a good trim kit set to pull off the panels so I didn’t worry about screwing anything up with the dash panels.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B087KP7QJH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07NV9D61R?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Is there a way to tap into the usb behind the dash? I'm close to getting the 67d but would like to hide the usb-c behind the dash and attach it to the arm. Can I unplug it from the little spot behind the door and then connect my cable there? Is there a better way to do it?
Sponsored