7% under invoice in the WA,OR,ID area?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
One caveat with Petersons, and seems to be common with any that can get you 7-8% below invoice - you have to go with their financing for 6 payments, then you can re-finance.
Sure, those 6 payments make the most money for the financing institution, and they send a kickback to the dealer.

Kevin
Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I am probably going to catch a little heat for this....but I used one of the below invoice dealers named on here often and the financing manager outright lied to me....you are actually not under any obligation to make a certain number of payments or to hold the loan for a certain period of time. Its simply what they would prefer.....read the actual loan documents carefully. Once you sign the loan is a matter between you and the outside bank (wells, chase, whoever). If you feel like you want to honoer their request out of respect that is certainly a call you could make. But always be sure to read your actual contract/loan documentation.
That's true - you do not have to stay with it, they ask you to because they get a kick back from the bank which is part of what allows them to give you such a good deal. But if you do not honor their request, you probably do not want to go back to that dealer again, or if you do you will not get that good deal again.

In my case, I got a good rate and a payment amount that was only a few dollars higher than my Wrangler's payment but for a higher priced vehicle. I have stuck with that bank since September. Wish the bank had a branch in Washington so I could open a checking account to have my payment amount direct deposited to the account.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Sure, those 6 payments make the most money for the financing institution, and they send a kickback to the dealer.

Kevin
That kickback is what helps get the good deal on the price.

jj_WA

First Name
jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cherokee, 2002 Dakota Quadcab 4x4
Occupation
Higher Education
IF they do that, I will definitely buy from them. But I went, and talked with a sales guy(dont remember his name), got his email and he ghosted me. I might try again but when I walked in, their sticker prices are pretty high.
Depending on when you contacted them, the person may have moved on. Give Aydin a try and let us know. To clarify, this is special ordering, not buying off the lot.

I'm still waffling over GVWR/towing limitations.

Cutterpillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
A quick update on my experience thus far...

Of all the dealers I've emailed thus far, including Aydin from Bud Clary in Auburn and Elliot from SLV in Utah, I've only had just one dealer respond to my emails. Only Dwayne Lane's in Everett has even responded to me and the best they will do is honor the 1% affiliate pricing from Tread Lightly.

I'll probably try pinging Elliot from SLV again, but I'm surprised at the lack of engagement over email. I would think that when you email a salesman directly telling them that you're ready to buy you'd at least get one reply out of it.

I'm probably going to just try emailing every Jeep dealer I can find within 400 miles and see if I can get any bites.

Overall I'm quite frustrated.

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
A quick update on my experience thus far...

Of all the dealers I've emailed thus far, including Aydin from Bud Clary in Auburn and Elliot from SLV in Utah, I've only had just one dealer respond to my emails. Only Dwayne Lane's in Everett has even responded to me and the best they will do is honor the 1% affiliate pricing from Tread Lightly.

I'll probably try pinging Elliot from SLV again, but I'm surprised at the lack of engagement over email. I would think that when you email a salesman directly telling them that you're ready to buy you'd at least get one reply out of it.

I'm probably going to just try emailing every Jeep dealer I can find within 400 miles and see if I can get any bites.

Overall I'm quite frustrated.
Did you contact Kent Shurtleff at Petersons in Nampa? His phone number is 208-741-1289, email is [email protected]. You need to speak with him directly, not another sales person at Petersons.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not yet. I haven't tried anyone outside the Seattle area other than SLV in Utah. I'll give him a try though.
If you PM me with your name I will contact him to let him know you will be contacting him. :)

Fortus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I got the affiliate 1% under invoice, and a $2K rebate back in May in Bellevue. I know it's not Gupton low, but $5K+ off is better than MSRP.

Cutterpillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I got the affiliate 1% under invoice, and a $2K rebate back in May in Bellevue. I know it's not Gupton low, but $5K+ off is better than MSRP.
1% under invoice + $2K is probably around 5% under invoice total, maybe even a bit better. That's a pretty good deal around here. Do you have anyone to recommend at Bellevue that I could contact?

Sponsored

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
Findlay Jeep in Post Falls ID. Email Cameron.. [email protected]
He's hard to get a hold off, but makes a deal that was worth not driving or flying far.

Fortus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
1% under invoice + $2K is probably around 5% under invoice total, maybe even a bit better. That's a pretty good deal around here. Do you have anyone to recommend at Bellevue that I could contact?
Not sure what sort of rebates they have going this month, but the affiliate program should be a constant 1% below invoice, if your company participates. Everyone was great to deal with at that place, but my salesperson was Ivan Burazer: [email protected]. They only downside was that their inventory was a bit low (like almost everywhere else).

I also contacted the place in Kirkland and they agreed to $2k below MSRP, but they would not honor the Affiliate Program. Kirkland was friendly, but not very professional. The good thing about Kirkland was that they had (back in May) a ton of choices on their lot. Trim choices, and option levels within the trims. E.g., manuals, automatics, loaded, barebones, colors, Mohaves, Rubicons, Overlands, etc., etc.

Cutterpillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Not sure what sort of rebates they have going this month, but the affiliate program should be a constant 1% below invoice, if your company participates. Everyone was great to deal with at that place, but my salesperson was Ivan Burazer: [email protected]. They only downside was that their inventory was a bit low (like almost everywhere else).
I actually ended up trying Bellevue's chat feature & ended up connecting with Ivan over email. He was really responsive, but was only able to offer the 1% below invoice from the Tread Lightly/FCA Affiliate program. I'd mentioned that a dealer in Idaho was offering up to 8% below invoice and that I wasn't even looking for them to match the 8%, just something more than the 1% but he wasn't able to go any lower.

I also contacted the place in Kirkland and they agreed to $2k below MSRP, but they would not honor the Affiliate Program. Kirkland was friendly, but not very professional. The good thing about Kirkland was that they had (back in May) a ton of choices on their lot. Trim choices, and option levels within the trims. E.g., manuals, automatics, loaded, barebones, colors, Mohaves, Rubicons, Overlands, etc., etc.
Oh, I had quite the experience in Kirkland. I had a really good experience just browsing the lot — they had a lot of Gladiators at the time — and the test drive was good. But after that it was just awful, pushing really hard to sell me a Gladiator that I didn't want at $13,000 over the MSRP they had on their own website. I should have walked out much sooner than I did.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
See my update here. Kent was great to work with, 8% below invoice. I've got a Gecko Green Sport S Max Tow on the way. :clap:
Bought my 2020 JTR LE and 2018 JLR from Kent at 8% below invoice. Why this thread is so long when the answer has been written so many times is comical.
Sponsored