Sponsored

AEV DualSport 2.5 Install

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
@MCATDT did you torque the Front LCA to 190? That seemed really high (considering my fail with the rear swaybar end link) and also my torque wrench stopped at 150.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MCATDT

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
@MCATDT did you torque the Front LCA to 190? That seemed really high (considering my fail with the rear swaybar end link) and also my torque wrench stopped at 150.
No I went to 150. I paint lined the bolt so I can see if it moves. I couldn't generate 190ft/lbs laying on my back under the jeep. 150 was the max I could go.

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
No I went to 150. I paint lined the bolt so I can see if it moves. I couldn't generate 190ft/lbs laying on my back under the jeep. 150 was the max I could go.
Cool, thanks for the reassurance!

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the write-up on this. I know you said that you don't plan on towing, but if anyone else on here tows with the AEV kit, I'd be interested to see how it changed from factory (if indeed it did). Thanks

1DanLee1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for the write-up on this. I know you said that you don't plan on towing, but if anyone else on here tows with the AEV kit, I'd be interested to see how it changed from factory (if indeed it did). Thanks

it’s good. Progressive rate coils are the bomb.

A011EFF7-FA04-40FA-B966-0C4570534A53.jpeg

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Im not trying to be a debby downer, because i get it. Getting to 190 was a pain in the ass. Make sure you check the tension on those things frequently that they arent coming loose. 40ft/lb is a big gap.

Reactor111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I was on my back and had to use my foot to get to 190#. I was never so glad to hear the wrench click!

OP
OP
MCATDT

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I know many people asked about towing with the AEV suspension. I finally had the opportunity to tow with this new suspension and it did not disappoint. I rented a small RV for a weekend wheeling excursion. The trailer was 3700 lbs (largest recommended before needing to add trailer brakes) so about half of my max tow's capacity. The AEV keeps the factory rake so when the trailer was attached I was still slightly raked and that was with the bed full of gear as well. Truck handled perfectly. Tracked straight, no excessive bouncing and solid under braking. I just continue to be really impressed with this suspension. Along with towing the RV, the Gladiator saw 3 full days of trail rides and just met every obstacle without issue (moderate stuff no crazy rock climbing in central Florida).

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Like many I have labored over the selection of a suspension upgrade for my JTMT. Ran through the usual suspects (Clayton, MC, Mopar) and decided on the AEV DualSport. I just felt like it was the most complete kit for the money based on how I was going to use the vehicle. Its my daily driver but I am active in my local Jeep Club and go on several trail rides per month. I live in central Florida so no real hardcore rock climbing(mostly soft sand, mud, washout areas and moderate slopes and off camber situations) so the need for the articulation ability of the Clayton or MC was not as critical. I also like that AEV has taken the time to frequency tune the springs and valved the shocks to match. I was able to install it on Thursday but ran out of light to get some decent pictures of the completed work. Overall the install was pretty straight forward. Torquing control arms while lying on your back is never easy :). I was able to take it on a short test drive and I could feel an immediate difference. The vehicle just felt more stable and planted to the ground. Turn in was much more precise and body roll seems better controlled. The ride is definitely firmed up. Feels similar to driving a European vehicle (more damping, tighter handling, with a little more feel for the road). Once I get some daylight I will snap some pictures. and show before and after. I did not measure vehicle height before (lift height was not my determining factor)so I don't know how much lift I gained but its high enough for how I am planning to use the vehicle. It is definitely higher all the way around vs. what I got from the Teraflex leveling kit that I had installed previously so I could run 35's. .
Jeep Gladiator AEV DualSport 2.5 Install A011EFF7-FA04-40FA-B966-0C4570534A53
Waiting for the diesel specific version of this kit to come out (should be soon now)-- I've had this kit on three different jeeps in the past with zero issues. Agree that the ride/handling is way better than stock. Way less dive in corners and braking and more stable at speed.

dbryson

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Eco
Waiting for the diesel specific version of this kit to come out (should be soon now)-- I've had this kit on three different jeeps in the past with zero issues. Agree that the ride/handling is way better than stock. Way less dive in corners and braking and more stable at speed.

You and me both. I heard April for a release when I last contacted them. 🤞

Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
You and me both. I heard April for a release when I last contacted them. 🤞
Never got a hard date-- just know they are in latter stages of R&D up in Montana...

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I did the AEV brackets with the ACA’s on my Mojave lift. It is such a game changer for vehicle dynamics. And, for my uses, no impact to trail use since it doesnt come down any lower than the rear lca mount

985C4434-2FA1-42E2-B9EF-64985C2F0F5D.jpeg
97944DBB-BE17-4734-BE55-9A3D72DA59B4.jpeg
1350C722-623A-40A8-BA8B-599F3BD64586.jpeg