Sponsored

AEV JT 2.5″ DUALSPORT RT SUSPENSION - Installation, tips and MOAB results!

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I’ve a question for this awesome thread now that I am picking up an AEV high capacity RT lift next week. Is an adjustable track bar necessary for the JTR? AEV instructions say it’s not due to geometry correction brackets, etc. I’m currently all stock. Planning on this kit and 35” tires.
Depends on how OCD you are. My front axle was off just enough that I went ahead and replaced the front track bar. Rear was fine with the relocation bracket.
Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Looks like it is about 1.25” rake measured from bottom of slider. Not the best pics but hope this helps.

EE803E70-F09C-44A8-B72F-83B95180A967.jpeg

AF970C9A-090D-4FFA-8D21-A915645F2CBF.jpeg

076B4E63-4374-465D-B982-130D2BAF763C.jpeg
How tall is your garage door? I have a JTR on 35's now and plan to do either this lift or AEVs 2" spacer lift and go to 37's when these tires wear out but I currently only have about 5" of clearance with my garage door as I pull in.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
I went with the AEV 2 1/2". I had read stock wheels were a problem, so I went with an 18 X 8" with an offset of +30, which offers just a tad more backspace than AEV's 17" wheels. I also decided to go 285/70 18 Ridge Grapplers, a 34" tire noticeably lighter than 35s.

Z06_1202A.jpg

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I’ve a question for this awesome thread now that I am picking up an AEV high capacity RT lift next week. Is an adjustable track bar necessary for the JTR? AEV instructions say it’s not due to geometry correction brackets, etc. I’m currently all stock. Planning on this kit and 35” tires.
Surprised to read the instructions say that, I was under the impression a longer track bar is needed when you lift a solid axle vehicle as the axle shifts to one side more than the other after being lifted, the geometry correction brackets allow the control arms to remain parallel to the ground and restore the caster that is lowered when you lift a Jeep. Not sure how they are directly related besides them both resolving a different problem created when lifting.

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
How tall is your garage door? I have a JTR on 35's now and plan to do either this lift or AEVs 2" spacer lift and go to 37's when these tires wear out but I currently only have about 5" of clearance with my garage door as I pull in.
It is 83” tall.

Sponsored

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
Just coming out of a '14 JKUR with 315s that I lifted 4 inches myself. Adjustable everything and ended up with JKS GCB's. This JTR I want to go the same 313's on factory rims with a small lift. I have a ARE shell camper on order that will take a while to get. Just wondering if I can do a 1 inch spacer lift for added clearance and do nothing else. I know once you jump in the rabbit hole you fall for a while. The shell will add about 200 pounds in the bed. My JKUR was a money pit and trying not to do that with my new '22 JTR. With the shell, tires, and just a few other things I have $5K in mods. Just want to do Mojave Road, Anza, Death Valley. No Rubicon Trail level.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Just coming out of a '14 JKUR with 315s that I lifted 4 inches myself. Adjustable everything and ended up with JKS GCB's. This JTR I want to go the same 313's on factory rims with a small lift. I have a ARE shell camper on order that will take a while to get. Just wondering if I can do a 1 inch spacer lift for added clearance and do nothing else. I know once you jump in the rabbit hole you fall for a while. The shell will add about 200 pounds in the bed. My JKUR was a money pit and trying not to do that with my new '22 JTR. With the shell, tires, and just a few other things I have $5K in mods. Just want to do Mojave Road, Anza, Death Valley. No Rubicon Trail level.
Go by Lowe’s or Home Depot and pick up 4 bags of play sand - 50lbs each. Do measurements before and after. Drive around a couple days and see what you think. Keep the sand for winter or take it back. It’s cheap enough......

IzzyO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry for the big delay in response; have been very busy with work and traveling all over the place. I liked the ARB Bondi Full width, tucked the winch down low re-used the fog lights... my only complaint was how it looked with the fender chop but not sure if that is a factor for you or not. I actually had a weird situation where I put the front Tow Hook into a rock hard enough to bend the frame and the bumper. Got the frame all straightened but the bumper wouldn't bolt up after wards have also bent....

I did have some rub ill snap a picture it was really only enough to take the paint off of the inserts that they have on the backside to close-out the opening... nothing major but that was with 35BFG AT/KOs

I just ordered and am in the process of painting a Moto Bilt Front bumper... will likely post about that soon too.
Just curious, what are the specs on your method wheels?
Sponsored