First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yikes!!!

That's some CRAZY Rake đź‘Ť
Its basically the factory rake maintained with a lift. For me this is a truck and needs to look like one which means there should be some rake. A Wrangler looks good level but a Gladiator needs to show its differences proudly....and nothing looks worse than a truck with the front end higher than the rear when being used to tow or haul stuff. I know opinions vary but just don't know how anyone thinks a squatty rear end on a truck looks good.
Sponsored

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Installed the lift yesterday. Two issues with hardware that I am waiting on AEV to resolve, so can’t drive it until then. But I think it looks good...

will get better pics without shadows later

1868F02E-9A54-464F-8F62-1DDA2F6147E6.jpeg

DCB2361B-A4D9-4BAE-A247-AEF0EE14EDDA.jpeg

lajprs20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ and 2020 JT
Installed the lift yesterday. Two issues with hardware that I am waiting on AEV to resolve, so can’t drive it until then. But I think it looks good...

will get better pics without shadows later

Jeep Gladiator AEV DualSport 2.5 Install DCB2361B-A4D9-4BAE-A247-AEF0EE14EDDA

Jeep Gladiator AEV DualSport 2.5 Install DCB2361B-A4D9-4BAE-A247-AEF0EE14EDDA
I have the kit coming tomorrow and am planning to install it this weekend. So what were your issues if you don't mind sharing?

Sponsored

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the kit coming tomorrow and am planning to install it this weekend. So what were your issues if you don't mind sharing?
1. The u-bolt for the rear track bar bracket stripped the threads before getting to torque spec.

2. They sent the wrong bolts for the rear bump stop spacers. Check the bolt package before beginning the install.

I’ve done 3 of these kits now (2 on JLs) and this is the first time I’ve seen an issue with them. They corrected it immediately, and the replacement parts should be here today.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Great looking kit, trying to decide which way to go (same as OP listed ha). Couple questions.

I see on the AEV FAQ they say don't use stock wheels on a Sport..... I've got a Willys Sport with it's wheels and mud terrains (plus 1.5" wheel spacers). Is this still an issue with this lift for me?

Seems most of these kits require at least a front trackbar, why aren't they included?

I see at least two mentions of broken bolts in this short thread.... reason for concern?

Like the look and that it comes with Bilstein's. My biggest other contender is the Mopar 2", but I'd also add a trackbar there. Is this better?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I see a drill bit and drill are needed. Is drilling the frame or something needed? The tools aren't the problem, more just curious what must be drilled.

OP
OP
MCATDT

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Great looking kit, trying to decide which way to go (same as OP listed ha). Couple questions.

I see on the AEV FAQ they say don't use stock wheels on a Sport..... I've got a Willys Sport with it's wheels and mud terrains (plus 1.5" wheel spacers). Is this still an issue with this lift for me?

Seems most of these kits require at least a front trackbar, why aren't they included?

I see at least two mentions of broken bolts in this short thread.... reason for concern?

Like the look and that it comes with Bilstein's. My biggest other contender is the Mopar 2", but I'd also add a trackbar there. Is this better?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I see a drill bit and drill are needed. Is drilling the frame or something needed? The tools aren't the problem, more just curious what must be drilled.
If my memory serves me correctly you need to drill out the holes for the rear bump stop spacers. Nothing too tough. As far as the snapped bolts in my case the instructions had the wrong torque spec for the rear sway connects. I could feel it was too much as I was tightening but wanted to follow the directions and snap. I believe that torque spec has been remedied in the directions now. As far as the trackbar I was off a bit but it in no way affected the ride. For me it was more aesthetic to get it back to square. I knew it was off that 1/2" and it bugged me.

Sponsored

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
I have been running the kit now for a few months and love it. I too had an issue with the rear swaybar endlink bolt due to incorrect torque specs, but that has been addressed and have had no issues since.

I did not add a front trackbar and don't plan too since it drives fine and I don't really see much difference in how much the tires stick out on either side.

lajprs20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ and 2020 JT
Got my kit installed. Had two issues. First, the kit was missing two of the rear bumpstop nuts. Second, the rear trackbar u-bolt torque spec said 43ft/lbs. The bolt snapped when I got to 30. I called AEV customer service but I think it was late on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and they were closed. So I left a message and someone called me back farily early the following Tuesday. I told them the issues and they sent the two missing nuts and another u-bolt. Received them by Thursday! Kudos to AEV for that!! I haven't tried putting it on yet. I'm worried it's just going to snap again. The trackbar bracket seemed solid enough to drive it without the u-bolt, so I have. Initial impression is pretty much the same as others, it's stiffer but not harsh, and I like it better than the soft Rubicon suspension I had on there. I haven't pulled final measurements yet but it's probably closer to a 3" lift than a 2.5".
Jeep Gladiator AEV DualSport 2.5 Install 20210531_103412

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my kit installed. Had two issues. First, the kit was missing two of the rear bumpstop nuts. Second, the rear trackbar u-bolt torque spec said 43ft/lbs. The bolt snapped when I got to 30. I called AEV customer service but I think it was late on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and they were closed. So I left a message and someone called me back farily early the following Tuesday. I told them the issues and they sent the two missing nuts and another u-bolt. Received them by Thursday! Kudos to AEV for that!! I haven't tried putting it on yet. I'm worried it's just going to snap again. The trackbar bracket seemed solid enough to drive it without the u-bolt, so I have. Initial impression is pretty much the same as others, it's stiffer but not harsh, and I like it better than the soft Rubicon suspension I had on there. I haven't pulled final measurements yet but it's probably closer to a 3" lift than a 2.5".
Jeep Gladiator AEV DualSport 2.5 Install 20210531_103412
I had the same issue with my u-bolt. The new u-bolt they sent me is different (shiny zinc coated) and torqued down just fine. Give it a go and you should be fine.

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You torqued it to the 43ft/lbs?
Yup.

AEV screwed up and actually sent me 4 u-bolts and only 1 bolt for the bump stops, so I had extra and was willing to give it a go. No problems at all with it getting to torque.
Sponsored