First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
How easy/hard would it be if you wanted to remove the contour Canopy? If someone was sorta indecisive and had a rebel off road half rack to use some time and contour canopy to use the rest of the time, how hard would swapping them out be?

…asking for a friend…
If you do not want to seal it and deal with the dust and water getting in, it should not be too hard to switch them.
Sponsored

dvaders

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD,1998 TJ, 1992 Samurai, Alucab C Camper
Occupation
Surgical Robotics Engineer (ex union WV US Steel Coal Miner)
Alu-Cab Diesel Heater Install: Just completed this install and now I have nice hot forced air heat! :) FYI, these heaters cost less than $150. My JT is diesel so any fuel I carry has two uses.
Cheers!
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call installed heater
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call exhaust

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call exhaust door open

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call diesel tank

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call template

HereWeGo

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Alu-Cab Diesel Heater Install: Just completed this install and now I have nice hot forced air heat! :) FYI, these heaters cost less than $150. My JT is diesel so any fuel I carry has two uses.
Cheers!
What brand/model is it? How is it supplied with fuel? Looking at heaters. Thx!

dvaders

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD,1998 TJ, 1992 Samurai, Alucab C Camper
Occupation
Surgical Robotics Engineer (ex union WV US Steel Coal Miner)
What brand/model is it? How is it supplied with fuel? Looking at heaters. Thx!
Any of the Chinese diesel heaters will work. They come with everything you need. There is a green fuel line that runs up to the fuel pump located up near the top of the "storage locker" and then runs over to the heater.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call heater.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Well, i am installing the dobson 3" hd reae springs tomorrow. I will let everyone know what happens.

Also, I have taked via message boarx with crazycooter and he sounds like he has a great setup for the JT with the clayton hd springs.
@Donnie2153, any more details on this Clayton HD spring setup?

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Did anyone use the Teraflex cargo rails instead of the Mopar rails for securing the camper to the bed?

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...inta-cargo-bed-rail-system-w-tie-down-anchors
I have not seen anyone do so yet. I looked to see if there were dimensions on any of the website postings but do not see any. As long as they are dimensionally the same depth I think it would work fine. I know a lot of people have been using regular Unistrut to make their own rails. The problem with that is the depth. The Unistrut sold at Home Depot/Lowes is 1 5/8" square. The Mopar rails are 1 3/8" deep x 1 5/8 tall and sit flush with the bedrail. You can get P3000 Unistrut in the correct depth. I would make sure the Teraflex rails are 1 3/8" deep otherwise it may cause an issue with the Alu-Cab mounting plates. Though, that could also be adjusted with an extra washer/shim.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Mine is for sale at Asheville Vehicle Outfitters now. You can see it in their website.
I was going to post that a few minutes ago but was thinking someone already bought it. I will be sure to share more.

HereWeGo

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Mine is for sale at Asheville Vehicle Outfitters now. You can see it in their website.
I was looking at too. Curious, why selling?

Donnie2153

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@Donnie2153, any more details on this Clayton HD spring setup?
Well, i installed the dobson hd rear springs with a teraflex 1.5" spacer to the 3.5" lift with 315/70 r17 tires on stock rubicon rims. This gives a slight forward rake when unloaded and a level stance when fully dressed out for overlanding. The gladdy weighs around 6700lbs when fully loaded. I have driven from Texas to virginia and back and I am now in Ohio. Under normal hwy conditions (except for illinois roadway) the Gladiator travels much much better. On backwood roads with wash boards and ruts she drives even smoother than before. No more rear end sag or side to side swaying. I like it! Mileage took a big hit. Before the alu cab i was getting 18mpg. Driving 65 i get 14 mpg, but at 75 it drops to 12.8 to 13.3. Which i am good with for the fun factor.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call 20230112_111442
Sponsored