First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
So I don’t need the hard top on the Gladiator to have the Alucab mounted, I can use the soft top?
Correct. You just won’t be able to open it. One thing to keep in mind, I had to remove my Bestop Sunrider due to the wind turbulence that the Alu-Cab causes on the top of the truck.
Sponsored

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Our customers JT is getting a boost in power. Lithium batteries and the full REDARC Red Vision and Manager 30 system. Plus a Truma propane heater.

_Z620424FB.jpg

I am aware that this post was posted quite a long time ago. Yet, I just worked with red-arc and am installing the redvision / manager 30 with two 100ah battle born batteries, running off two overland solar 130watt panels.

That said I have yet to see how anyone has this setup with the alu-cab. I am curious if you have any photos? Going with the full Goose-Gear Setup. Thanks in advance.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
I am aware that this post was posted quite a long time ago. Yet, I just worked with red-arc and am installing the redvision / manager 30 with two 100ah battle born batteries, running off two overland solar 130watt panels.

That said I have yet to see how anyone has this setup with the alu-cab. I am curious if you have any photos? Going with the full Goose-Gear Setup. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any good fully installed photos of our customers Jeep. I can tell you that we built a custom battery box that lived in the cab of the Jeep that house 3 100AH batteries and the inverter. The Canopy Camper had the full Goose Gear setup and the manger 30 system was housed in the front panel below the Alu-Cab water tank. It was a tight squeeze but everything worked out well.

For my camper, I kept it simple. A single 200AH lithium, dual 105 panels and a REDARC BCDC charger that handles everything like a champ.

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Has anyone figured out a 12v lighting solution for the 270 awning? Would prefer ability to white/amber?

What solutions are people using for mosquitos? Thermacel or other?

phreak480

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubi
Occupation
U.S. Army
Has anyone figured out a 12v lighting solution for the 270 awning? Would prefer ability to white/amber?

What solutions are people using for mosquitos? Thermacel or other?
I'd look at using some truck tailgate light strips. Get ones that include reverse lighting and you will have red, white, amber available.

Sponsored

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Just drove home with the new Alu Cab install and I have a soft top the wind turbulence has horrible I need to make some kind of a wind reflector anyone else had this issue or suggestions?

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Just drove home with the new Alu Cab install and I have a soft top the wind turbulence has horrible I need to make some kind of a wind reflector anyone else had this issue or suggestions?
I had to remove my Sunrider top, the wind slams directly into the Alu-Cab and down to the roof. I think having a full soft top you may need to construct some sort of cone to go on the front face of the Alu-Cab to try and deflect the wind

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I had to remove my Sunrider top, the wind slams directly into the Alu-Cab and down to the roof. I think having a full soft top you may need to construct some sort of cone to go on the front face of the Alu-Cab to try and deflect the wind

I hate to hear that. I was considering buying one for next summer.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I hate to hear that. I was considering buying one for next summer.
It was bad. I had the camper installed at AVO and then drove home to KY with the Sunrider. I had to hold the top several times thinking it was going to shred!

Sponsored

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I used a swimming pool noodle and forced it under the front of the cab and it eliminated 98% of the turbulence but when the wind direction shifted then the turbulence returned because of the side openings so I guess the next step is to seal the sides up too with the noodles and see what happens, will report back after that’s done

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Am in the process of ordering my JT. Can someone tell me if I should order it with or without the bed rails, if I intend to put the Alu-Cab canopy camper on it?

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
Am in the process of ordering my JT. Can someone tell me if I should order it with or without the bed rails, if I intend to put the Alu-Cab canopy camper on it?
Yes, you need the bed rails to install the canopy camper.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!