Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Occupation
Chef
Vehicle Showcase
@Gringo&Gun what is the height of the cross bars from the canopy roof? Thanks
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 6ECFA2F9-A3C4-40E6-87BD-B60E0F9E00D7

3” & 1/8th. I believe Alu-Cab has one smaller spacer and option of running bars with no spacer.
Sponsored

Gringo&Gun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Occupation
Chef
Vehicle Showcase

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Hey I heard that the newest versions of these were a little longer & fit a little better than early models. Any truth to this,? Notice the big gap between the back of the cab and front of the cap...and in some photos it looks like the cap doesn't reach the back edge of the tailgate?

OP
OP

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I don't think I would want the cap front any closer to the cab. There is enough room to get in there to wash the windows. At the rear the rear hatch has a lip that curls over the tail gate so your not going to go longer.
Awesome cap! It provides an excellent base to adapt and build into whatever you want.

Sponsored

Toten Unterhosen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Yay! Not an exciting action picture, but simply having the cap is an accomplishment. I'm still waiting (6+ months and counting) for the RSI I ordered in July. Very impressed with this Alu-Cab and wish I'd started with one of these given wait-times, weight, and massive side doors for easy access.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap IMG_5302 2

wilbelectric

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator ecodiesel
Occupation
Electrical contractor
I was leaning towards an RSI untill I saw this. Anybody know if there is crazy wait times on these?

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
It took 10 days from online order to delivery with OK4WD.
When did you order yours?

I just put my order in and it looks like I should get one from the next shipment 10 weeks out.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Yay! Not an exciting action picture, but simply having the cap is an accomplishment. I'm still waiting (6+ months and counting) for the RSI I ordered in July. Very impressed with this Alu-Cab and wish I'd started with one of these given wait-times, weight, and massive side doors for easy access.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap IMG_5302 2
very nice! what does it weigh? Didn't see that on alt-cab's site listed.

Toten Unterhosen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
very nice! what does it weigh? Didn't see that on alt-cab's site listed.
Accuracy of weight for any of these caps are often a little, erm, ballpark-ish. :)

The number you will see most often quoted is 57-kg (~126-lbs). You can find this "hidden" in different regional Alu-cab sites, sometime in page (UK site) or in PDFs (uncertain regional site, but included clipping). Important to note is that the weight is quoted for a generic Adventure, double-cab, not specifically the Jeep. Most references I've seen use this weight when referencing the caps.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 4.33.35 PM

The resolution of the vehicle scale I used before and after was not accurate enough to get a true weight (50-lbs increments). But it showed a net gain of 100-lbs total and all over the rear axle. And the seat-of-the-pants impression is that it made no difference in feel or handling.

Of course, with all things, YMMV. :)

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Accuracy of weight for any of these caps are often a little, erm, ballpark-ish. :)

The number you will see most often quoted is 57-kg (~126-lbs). You can find this "hidden" in different regional Alu-cab sites, sometime in page (UK site) or in PDFs (uncertain regional site, but included clipping). Important to note is that the weight is quoted for a generic Adventure, double-cab, not specifically the Jeep. Most references I've seen use this weight when referencing the caps.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 4.33.35 PM

The resolution of the vehicle scale I used before and after was not accurate enough to get a true weight (50-lbs increments). But it showed a net gain of 100-lbs total and all over the rear axle. And the seat-of-the-pants impression is that it made no difference in feel or handling.

Of course, with all things, YMMV. :)
Right on thanks. yeah I saw that 57kg right after posting...didn't look hard enough I guess. But also wasn't sure how accurate it was. I appreciate the info :)

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
Here's mine. Love the cap, but can't believe they put lock cores in them with the numbers etched externally. Kind of defeats the security aspect for anybody who knows where you park regularly...

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap IMG_3618.JPG
Sponsored