Sponsored

Anyone else notice their bed is not centered?

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
You dont know how to take concentric pics
Thats not a helpful comment.... You could offer suggestions. Also, this was in haste to aid the OP in seeing somebody else's rig. I dont see anyone else posting any photos....
Sponsored

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
The only thing I noticed out of alignment on mine were badges. My ecodiesel badge is slightly crooked as well as the Jeep/gladiator badge/sticker on both sides. Although those look like they were all set level vs with the rake of the vehicle.

Pretty sure my bed and cab all match. But now I’m going to look and if it isn’t it’s probably going to drive me nuts.

Last edited:

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of all seems like normal tolerances... If you ever set up a full adjustable suspension ie all 10 links and really try to get the alignment perfect you'll see just how out of square an entire vehicle can be.

The solution is to fix it yourself. I'm not saying whether you should or shouldn't be upset about shit being crooked on your $60k truck, just saying that's the way it is. It's one of the reasons I like to work on my own vehicles, I can usually get stuff aligned better than it rolled off the lot. There's an odd satisfaction there.

In a past life I worked at a large automotive supplier that laser welded parts robotically. It would drive me nuts when we'd get entire pallets sent back to us for being 1 mm out of spec then I'd go look at vehicles on the lot and at auto shows and see my parts placed a half inch off location on the finished product.

Last edited:

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
400 Gladiators and 1000 Wranglers per day.
Even better! lol. I was just basing my guess off the last annual numbers I recall reading, and not knowing the schedule over there. Cool.

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
On mine, the bed is 'shifted' slightly relative to the cab. I was going to loosen all the bed hardware and shift the bed to correct it. But, I decided to take some measurements relative to the frame rails first. I found that the entire cab & front end assembly is slightly shifted to one side and the bed is centered. IMO, way too much trouble to try to shift the cab.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
That is how I noticed mine. The rubber gab on my driver's side is much larger than my passenger side. I can stick my finger between the rubber and cab on my driver side and there is no gap on the passenger side. I will take a picture of both sides tomorrow to compare, but this is my drivers side.

20220923_160545.jpg
Driver side is where my gap is, too.
Mine doesn’t seem that off left to right though

CRDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I had this issue. I noticed a squeak and found it to be the rubber rubbing the cab. Took it back to dealership and after a little back and forth they sent me to body shop. They aligned it betted that factory.

OP
OP
Mr.volleyball13

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
Same here. And if I'm being honest, it's getting kind of hard to follow this thread and see the actual issue. All the pictures seem to be of unrelated things.
A member askw
I had this issue. I noticed a squeak and found it to be the rubber rubbing the cab. Took it back to dealership and after a little back and forth they sent me to body shop. They aligned it betted that factory.
Thank you for your response, that will be my next strategy to get it resolved. Do you know if the bed is attached on the bottom or the top?

Last edited:

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
A member askw
Thank you for your response, that will be my next strategy to get it resolved. Do you known if the bed is attached in the bottom or the top?
If I were me, I'd measure the frame in relation to both the cab and the bed before adjusting anything. Only then would I make any alignment, unless of course you are a masochist... if that be the case, have fun!

Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
So I remembered to look today. I have the same scuffs on the frame in the same places. Very likely where it rides on the jig on the assembly line or in transport to the line. Some scratches on the gas tank, a smidgen of surface rust here or there like you have as well.

I may mess with it (rattle can) - but who knows when. Eventually. Lol.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Wonder how many people who read this thread. Went out and looked at their JT's to see if there is any misalignment. If you did. Get me a "LIKE"

Randonexplosion

First Name
Randon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Im wrapping up a custom cage and Motobilt back half on my YJ. Shit was definitely not perfect back in the 80s and its even more crooked after a couple of flops and ramming into tons of rocks. I'm sure they still leave some relatively wide body alignment tolerances these days.

If youre worried about it there appear to be 3 15mm bolts in each framerail. Loosen them up a couple turns and square the bed up to the tub and bumper. Then remeasure and see if the tub is still square with the frame :rock:

OP
OP
Mr.volleyball13

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
So I remembered to look today. I have the same scuffs on the frame in the same places. Very likely where it rides on the jig on the assembly line or in transport to the line. Some scratches on the gas tank, a smidgen of surface rust here or there like you have as well.

I may mess with it (rattle can) - but who knows when. Eventually. Lol.
Thank you for for taking a look. I ended up taking vht chassis paint to correct all my issues. If you ever decide to paint it, vht's chassis and roll bar paint is a great color match.

OP
OP
Mr.volleyball13

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
On mine, the bed is 'shifted' slightly relative to the cab. I was going to loosen all the bed hardware and shift the bed to correct it. But, I decided to take some measurements relative to the frame rails first. I found that the entire cab & front end assembly is slightly shifted to one side and the bed is centered. IMO, way too much trouble to try to shift the cab.
Can I get to the bolts from under my gladiator?
Sponsored