Sponsored

Anyone remove and leave off the engine cover?

seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Make it for pennies sell it for dollars. Today's owners are more interested in cosmetic than function.

I will run without and enjoy seeing and sharing the engine.
I remember when I was asked to show someone my hemi when I had a 07 charger RT. Opened the hood and all I could show them was a cover. Embarrassing.

Off and not looking back. Oh, and all stupid safety stickers are also history.
So, you're saying that at the Jeep Jamboree when you pop your hood the lines to see a STOCK Pentastar are longer than seeing someone with a custom HEMI? :rock::rock::rock:
Sponsored

captanzuelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Ok, so called my dealer near me. I was told it's strictly for visual with a little sound damping from the foam underliner. Very minimal he said.
How would the dealer know this? Unless is he was a Jeep engineer, or part of the design team, I would take anything they claim with a grain of salt. Whatever he claimed is strictly his own opinion.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It's funny how people generally distrust what a dealer says, as they should, unless it meets with their own expectations.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
How would the dealer know this? Unless is he was a Jeep engineer, or part of the design team, I would take anything they claim with a grain of salt. Whatever he claimed is strictly his own opinion.
When you go in for vehicle training, they will tell you weird quirks so you know what to look out for if having issues. An engine cover in anything that is not a finely tuned performance vehicle is going to be 80% aesthetic.

Not every component on a vehicle is a finely tuned piece of engineering. Many things are done because people don't like looking at messes and a cover on top immediately draws the eyes toward it. The ability to knock down a little sound is a bonus.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I took mine off recently for a different reason. Used that bracket on the pass side to mount my arb compressor. LOL

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I think the engine looks good for today's engines. I just remember the day when the engine was the crown Jewel of the vehicle. Now they try to hide everything.

Now when someone asks to see the motor I can actually show them.

Cooling? I can't see that it could effect anything good or bad. Cooling is done through the radiator and excess heat is helped via side vents. If this cover is to help cooling in any way we're in trouble!
Have you ever driven a vehicle with an engine worth looking at? Cus this one ain't it. If you like it then you do you. IMO the engine cover cleans it up, removing it doesn't do it any favours aesthetically. I like the look of old muscle car engines etc but there's really nothing to see here with this Pentastar.

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
mine is gone, along with the two brackets that hold it, what's the hood for if not an engine cover? how many engine covers does one need? ;)

Ray F.

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
Engine covers are meant to increase dealership services by scaring the average joe from tinkering and attempting his own maintenance.
^^^THIS^^^

They started this 20 years ago. Some don’t even have dipsticks. If you’re interested in the topic of dissuading the American shady-tree mechanic, read the book “Shop Class as Soul Craft.”. He actually mentions (extremely briefly) the implementation of engine covers.

Buffalosoldier716

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Estimator Gerber Collision
Now who's gonna be the brave one and take their intake manifold off and paint it. . I think it would look great. Mine's currently a lease or I'd dress it up. This is my Chevy Colorado that I did. Intake and valve cover.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove and leave off the engine cover? XPTG2088.JPG

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Ok, so called my dealer near me. I was told it's strictly for visual with a little sound damping from the foam underliner. Very minimal he said.
But dealers dont know anything, as we learn on this forum. Some dealers are saying the regular sport tows 7650
Sponsored