Sponsored

Are you all super rich or is there a method I don’t get?!

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Junkyard axles are a lot cheaper but a lot more work. If you are determined, mechanically inclined, and have the tools it’s possible to do this job in your garage.
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
37s, 3.5-4.5" lift, and regear. That should allow u to do most of everything minus the most difficult of trail or rock crawling. Has been serving me well in FL sand, mud, and muk. I would like to do 38s/39s, but I think it would be mostly for looks. Most others I ride with are on 35s or 37s as well. OR..... u can spend 5k/ea on 3" portals (buy 1 at a time 😂) and get axle clearance plus gear reduction 🫠

Pic is max tow, 37s, 3.5 clayton springs, no regear, FL
Jeep Gladiator Are you all super rich or is there a method I don’t get?! 20221105_162755

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Buy a rolled over 1-ton pickup, steal the axles and scrap the rest.
Or, go out late at night, find a 3500 parked in the dark, bring a torch and some cinder blocks...........

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
No one who owns a Gladiator is poor. Not every owner is in a position to dump half the price of the vehicle into mods for the privilege of beating the hell out of their expensive toy on trails.
Nah I'm pretty sure I'm poor. It's taken me waaay to long to get these wheels and lift. 😜

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they are expensive and I'll say this, if you don't need them then don't get them just to ride around on the pavement. You can easily make a JT look good with 38's and 37's for about $5000 or less

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
Here is an article describing the difference between Dana 44s vs 60s. One thing not mentioned is that you will need to buy bigger brakes with the Dana 60s. I agree with other posts that you are better off staying with the Dana 44s and going with 37 inch tires. Unless you plan on turning your rig into only an off road machine, then upgrade to the 60s.

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/news/dana-44-vs-dana-60-whats-the-difference/

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Molded 2005 F350 axles

Think it 2005

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I was rich…then I got my gladiator….now I’m poor……

Jeep Gladiator Are you all super rich or is there a method I don’t get?! F3AC4EA7-4D19-4522-93C7-C8286D68E1AD

02D579BC-86D0-4F3E-8672-5EBC8D03EBDA.jpeg

Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
So I am considering trying to get 40’s under my 22 Willys.
Some light reading and researching tells me that pretty much requires Dana 60 ultimates, fender swap and a lift kit.

lifts are pricey but achievable. Fenders are a bit simpler (if still a lot of money) but how in the world can people afford to buy Dana ult 60’s?

just about everything I found said that thy were about 20000 for a pair.
And that doesn’t even include whatever else you have to do after that.

is there a secret way that people manage this kind of mod other than just have fantastic money?

is it better to find them in a scrap yard or something ?
Why do you need ton's and 40's?

I'd start there.

Some folks need them, and either make a ton of money or want to go hilariously in debt to get them. Have you made it to the level of wheeling that requires that magnitude of build? Are ya just building it to look at it?

I have an SS Camaro that's mostly stock. Folks want me to spend tens of thousands of dollars on it constantly (you need headers! Cam! Supacharger!), but to what end? I have road coursed it stock, drag raced it stock, and have a lot of fun doing it - I spend all the money on road trips and experiences with that car.

Same for the Jeep. She sure would look good on 37's, but a lift, wheels, and tires these days can buy two years of vacations and I'd rather the experiences then spend it on a depreciating asset I already pay a bunch of money for per month.

But - stating all this clearly means I'm not in the demographic that has $20K for axles LOL.

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Do you NEED D60's to run 40's...NO you do not. I have stock 44's with 40's and just hit 70,000 miles with them and that includes going wheeling about 5 to 7 times a year. For daily driving you will be just fine, on the trails you just have to be smart about it.
Are you sure you want 40's...why not 37's or even 38's
40's will change the ride and you will have to get your gears changed also

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
PayPal Credit for big ticket items. 0% interest for 6-12 months eases the pain. :)
This would seem so until their system is breached for the 100th time. I removed my info from PayPal and won’t pay/purchase anything from them again.

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
Yes, we are all super rich or heavy in debt. I fit in one of those categories.
Yeah, so far this year I've spent this year's bonus and on the debt side, I've spent next year's bonus already too.. 😅😳
Sponsored