Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I can say I picked up a slight increase in MPG'S after installing engine and T-case skid on a drive of over 500 miles. Maybe less air drag underneath. I installed the fuel tank skid a few days ago. Great customer service from them.... unlike many businesses as of late. No excuses and fast service. From the look it's less likely to need a right rear control arms skid on the gas engine JT's the skid sets close to it.
A tip for anyone installing the engine skid is don't forget to install the spring clip nuts on factory cross member before installing the skid plate.
Sponsored

1is2many

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon diesel
Occupation
Construction Planning Supervisor
Not sure how but the front drive shaft is making contact with the front skid. Doesn’t make any sense because they are parallel with each other. Anyone else seen this with these skids?

312142F5-9709-4610-8B59-7439CA252DE3.jpeg

6240BDCD-1BC2-4CC3-BA38-8BD71DF4BE85.jpeg

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Does anyone have these on a Sport S Ecodiesel?

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Not sure how but the front drive shaft is making contact with the front skid. Doesn’t make any sense because they are parallel with each other. Anyone else seen this with these skids?
I had that happen on mine, only it was more on that corner to the. Thought it was because of using it with my hemi swap. I just took a cut off wheel and cut that corner off at angle.

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
I had that happen on mine, only it was more on that corner to the. Thought it was because of using it with my hemi swap. I just took a cut off wheel and cut that corner off at angle.
I have not had this happen on my diesel skid, but I'll watch out for this going forward. Did this happen to you folks while wheeling, under flex or with some impacts on the skids, or just kicking around town?

My main concern is that the support arms in the front are cut and bent, but don't have any bracing. Seems like under load they might flex or bend. These are significantly less expensive than some alternatives, so I understand there are some compromises, but smacking the driveshaft under routine use should not be one of them.

Did the engineers at @ASFIR 4x4 offer any thoughts.

Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate IMG_2861

Last edited:

Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
OK. Two points make a line.
I have not had this happen on my diesel skid, but I'll watch out for this going forward. Did this happen to you folks while wheeling, under flex or with some impacts on the skids, or just kicking around town?

My main concern is that the support arms in the front are cut and bent, but don't have any bracing. Seems like under load they might flex or bend. These are significantly less expensive than some alternatives, so I understand there are some compromises, but smacking the driveshaft under routine use should not be one of them.

Did the engineers at @ASFIR 4x4 offer any thoughts.
Mine happened after heavy flexing at Moab. I am guessing the axle shifted over enough to the passenger side to rub that corner. Wonder if amount of lift has something to do with it also. Taller lift increases angle of driveshaft which in turn increases contact with that corner when flexing and twisting. Here is approximately what I removed after seeing it.

Removed the edited phot with the actual modified picture.

skid.jpg

Last edited:

1is2many

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon diesel
Occupation
Construction Planning Supervisor
Also, has anyone figured out a way to change the oil without getting oil everywhere? The hole isn't big enough to get my hand or a big enough funnel in there and I am not gonna remove the thing every time. I am thinking of buying one of those bend/flexible ones that you can make all sorts of shapes out of, or possibly just install one of the drain plug valves so I use a tube to drain it.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Also, has anyone figured out a way to change the oil without getting oil everywhere? The hole isn't big enough to get my hand or a big enough funnel in there and I am not gonna remove the thing every time. I am thinking of buying one of those bend/flexible ones that you can make all sorts of shapes out of, or possibly just install one of the drain plug valves so I use a tube to drain it.
Your suggestions would probably work. It is kind off a struggle to do with out a mess. Here is what I use. Kind of crude but I remove the lid to drain and then replace the lid to remove the bottle from between the engine and skid to reduce the mess.

oil drain.jpg

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Mine happened after heavy flexing at Moab. I am guessing the axle shifted over enough to the passenger side to rub that corner. Wonder if amount of lift has something to do with it also. Taller lift increases angle of driveshaft which in turn increases contact with that corner when flexing and twisting. Here is approximately what I removed after seeing it.

Removed the edited phot with the actual modified picture.

Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate oil drain
This. Shifts due to track bar angle/swing.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
This.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker

312142F5-9709-4610-8B59-7439CA252DE3.jpeg

6240BDCD-1BC2-4CC3-BA38-8BD71DF4BE85.jpeg
As you flex- the axle will walk driver or passenger side… Maybe just flap disk down that small area on the skid?

JK’s it’s the rear drive shaft on the fuel tank skid…. Once you start being able to lift the rear tires 38” up on the passenger corner it will rub…. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Law
Just wondering I still have my stock skid plates on and I feel a vibration inside the Jeep. Does the exhaust make contact with the skid plate at all? I’m wondering if that could be the issue

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
Just ordered their Engine / Transmission skid for my gladiator during their Black Friday sale. $328 delivered. đź‘Ť

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
UPDATE : the Asfir service has been impeccable. Ordered Tuesday Night, and receiving the skids in Northern AZ on Friday. Amazing.
Sponsored