Sponsored

Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
Installed this morning. Installed in the drive way with no jack stands or ramps so it was a little tight under there.
I had some issues with the two front brackets not lining up correctly with the existing bolts on the truck frame. I ended up not tightening the bolts that hold the front brackets to the skid plate as tight as I wanted because I needed to adjust the angles on the brackets to get the existing frame bolts to line up. There is a ton of wiggle room where the front brackets attach to the skid plate. I wish that play was eliminated by having precise holes drilled vs slot type holes which would line everything up without guessing the correct angle on the brackets.
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 81D8BA09-F7E1-4D74-9BE0-B00379C1D4F8
Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
You should be able to tighten the bolts up the rest of the way now.

Some wiggle room is necessary as there’s variation in for from one Jeep to the next. If they didn’t put slots in it then half the customers would have to drill new holes.

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Mine seem great. I got the full package. Install was easy (as skids plates go) with some minor figment/adjustments needing to be done. Just keep things loose while placing items together and it all works out…

Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate F7144A49-0D85-46A9-A99E-3FB497BBCAC3
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 48D62F06-EEF5-41F3-BEA9-B45B9CEA0445
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 5429E7D4-3440-4B56-B92A-05FCD855C37C

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
You should be able to tighten the bolts up the rest of the way now.

Some wiggle room is necessary as there’s variation in for from one Jeep to the next. If they didn’t put slots in it then half the customers would have to drill new holes.
I thought I could tighten them up once it was installed on the truck but the nut and bolt both turn. I’m not sure if I can fit a wrench on the inside to hold the bolt while I tighten the nut. The bolts are not very loose but loose enough for me to bang on the bracket to move it around bit for lining up purposes.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I thought I could tighten them up once it was installed on the truck but the nut and bolt both turn. I’m not sure if I can fit a wrench on the inside to hold the bolt while I tighten the nut. The bolts are not very loose but loose enough for me to bang on the bracket to move it around bit for lining up purposes.
It took some maneuvering, but I was able to fit a wrench on the inside. I think I used a short adjustable and came from above.

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I made an oil drain hole cover for my Asfir engine/trans skid. Yes, I know this cover can't stand up to any serious abuse, but my Mojave is my DD and doesn't see any serious off-roading (I have a 2-door JKR for that suff). So, I'm using this skid really only as a shield to protect the oil pans, cooler pipes and exhaust. Backing plate is 1/8" 6061-T6, which I tapped for the 1/4-20 fasteners. The black 'filler' is made from mud flap material.

Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate skid 2

Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate skid

Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate skid 1

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
I made an oil drain hole cover for my Asfir engine/trans skid. Yes, I know this cover can't stand up to any serious abuse, but my Mojave is my DD and doesn't see any serious off-roading (I have a 2-door JKR for that suff). So, I'm using this skid really only as a shield to protect the oil pans, cooler pipes and exhaust. Backing plate is 1/8" 6061-T6, which I tapped for the 1/4-20 fasteners. The black 'filler' is made from mud flap material.
Nice looking work, but I'm curious as to why that would be needed?

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Nice looking work, but I'm curious as to why that would be needed?
Thanks. It's certainly not needed. I just wanted it to minimize the amount of stuff (snow, slush, salt spray, mud, water, etc.) that could make its way onto the drivetrain components.

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
It took some maneuvering, but I was able to fit a wrench on the inside. I think I used a short adjustable and came from above.
Done and done. There was more room than I though.

Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I have one on my JT and just ordered one for my wife’s JL. It is a great product.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
My set is sitting in my garage until the temps get better to work on it. I am going to adapt it to fit with my 5.7 Hemi. As of now the concrete is and ambient temp is to dang cold.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Follow up. Finally got the engine and transmission skid plates installed. As I had mentioned, I have a 5.7 Hemi in mine and I was able to modify the skids engine mount brackets to get them to work. Everything else lined up and was pretty easy to install once the brackets where modified. Oh I did also lengthened the oil plug drain access hole farther to the rear to keep it lined up and hopefully not make to big of mess when draining the oil.

asfir2.jpg

asfir1.jpg

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Wow, great questions. I'll answer them inline in orange below:
Nice job answering the questions. 250 seems like a deal.
Sponsored