First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I don't know what p/n you were looking into, but shipping costs are quoted in the cart / checkout and discounts diaplyed there too. The 50% off shipping will automatically update in when you type in your address.
I am looking at the engine and transfer case skid 2 pc set. Do you offer anything other than express shipping?
Sponsored

ASFIR 4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JK 2015
I am looking at the engine and transfer case skid 2 pc set. Do you offer anything other than express shipping?
We can offer the option for sea-freight too, but for a single skid-plate it doesn't make much sense...
If there's anything else we can help with - feel free to contact us at [email protected]

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
We can offer the option for sea-freight too, but for a single skid-plate it doesn't make much sense...
If there's anything else we can help with - feel free to contact us at [email protected]
How many items would you need to ship for sea freight to make sense?
like if a handful of forum members purchased items and then you got to a certain number of items you shipped them all at once sea freight. Is that a thing?

ASFIR 4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JK 2015
How many items would you need to ship for sea freight to make sense?
like if a handful of forum members purchased items and then you got to a certain number of items you shipped them all at once sea freight. Is that a thing?
Hi Robert, it is possible just a couple of things to notice - the first is it's a longer period of time (like WAYYY longer, usually around 2 months for srefreight shipping); second, it can only be delivered to 1 address in order to make sense when trying to reduce the shippins costs; third, it usually starts to cut in shipping costs at around 10+/- pieces.

I'd love to put you in contact with our Int'l sales rep to get more info and see if this is something that can work for you! PM me for more details :)

Cheers!
Reut @ ASFIR

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
@ASFIR 4x4 do you have any details or pics of the sliders/steps you all have for the gladiator? I got the Halloween email and saw them. They look interesting since they keep the rubicon slider and add a step.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
@ASFIR 4x4 , Jeep Gladiator JT Underbody Protection Kit (2 Pcs) on your website shows that it fits a manual (stick shift) Rubicon Gladiator. is there a difference with this kit regarding the engine and transmission protection plate? The manual Gladiator is missing the bar that is underneath the auto tranny, so, the plate cannot be bolted there. Thanks in advance for any info.

ASFIR 4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JK 2015
@ASFIR 4x4 do you have any details or pics of the sliders/steps you all have for the gladiator? I got the Halloween email and saw them. They look interesting since they keep the rubicon slider and add a step.
Hi, sure!
I'm also attaching a direct link to this product online. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us here or at [email protected]

Cheers!

ASFIR 4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JK 2015
@ASFIR 4x4 , Jeep Gladiator JT Underbody Protection Kit (2 Pcs) on your website shows that it fits a manual (stick shift) Rubicon Gladiator. is there a difference with this kit regarding the engine and transmission protection plate? The manual Gladiator is missing the bar that is underneath the auto tranny, so, the plate cannot be bolted there. Thanks in advance for any info.
Hi, thanks for this inquiry!
p/n 547465 was test-fitted for a manual tranmission as well.
p/n 541155 wasn't test-fitted (thus can't confirm it'll fit) for a manual transmission.

I hope this will help. If not, and you have further questions - please contact us at [email protected]

Best,
ASFIR team

Sponsored

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Took advantage of their Black Friday deal and purchased their engine/tans and transfer case skid plate kit. ASFIR are fantastic to deal with. I made the mistake of transposing shipping and billing addresses and they told me they pay extra with the shipper for address corrections should we need them. I contacted DHL and the correction was made. Had it delivered just a few days after the order was placed. Install was easy, instructions aren't great. You can figure it out with a little intuition and pictures from posts like this one. For the Gladiator everything is a direct bolt on. Takes two bolts out and reinstall. Nothing gets removed and everything is installed over the factory parts. Literally took 45 minutes to install. That was only because I has one of the sheet metal clips was installed just a little off and had to redo it. Had to partially remove and reinstall the engine/trans skid. Decided to paint mine, but I know it won't last long. Will look good from the sides at least. Entire kit is like 30 pounds...very light. Have aluminum skids on my TJ, and prefer the weight savings over steel.

IMG_6661.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Took advantage of their Black Friday deal and purchased their engine/tans and transfer case skid plate kit. ASFIR are fantastic to deal with. I made the mistake of transposing shipping and billing addresses and they told me they pay extra with the shipper for address corrections should we need them. I contacted DHL and the correction was made. Had it delivered just a few days after the order was placed. Install was easy, instructions aren't great. You can figure it out with a little intuition and pictures from posts like this one. For the Gladiator everything is a direct bolt on. Takes two bolts out and reinstall. Nothing gets removed and everything is installed over the factory parts. Literally took 45 minutes to install. That was only because I has one of the sheet metal clips was installed just a little off and had to redo it. Had to partially remove and reinstall the engine/trans skid. Decided to paint mine, but I know it won't last long. Will look good from the sides at least. Entire kit is like 30 pounds...very light. Have aluminum skids on my TJ, and prefer the weight savings over steel.
I had my Rancho skids powder coated Mojave orange. I considered it for the Asfir skid but had a trip a week after it arrived and did not have time. Wish I had seeing yours.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Are these built to be used as sliders or just steps?
I reached out to them with a couple questions including one about the steps and got a very quick response. Here is what they said about the steps and if they were easy to remove.

"The side steps for this vehicle act as steps only and are not intended as rock sliders. They are not difficult to disassemble but this process will take a little time."

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I ordered the Engine/Trans Skid Plate on Monday and received it on Thursday. Wow! That's quicker shipping than most things I order from domestic suppliers.

I wish there was a little more attention to some cosmetic details, but it's a skid plate that seems well made at a reasonable price.
Sponsored