Assholes giving the bird

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
On the other hand, I've only had mine a little more than 2 weeks and while I haven't had anybody come outright and tell me they liked it, I've gotten more than a handful of double takes and turning their heads to watch my JT roll by. Kinda funny considering I've never had that happen before.

If somebody flips me the bird, I'll just laugh and move on. I have a LTC (license to carry) and the last thing I want is for a prosecutor to ask me if I flipped the bird back to him and 'instigated' the incident. Things get out of hand quickly these days, and it's just not worth it.
Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
One would think that a pandemic killing 577k Americans (and 3.2 millions worldwide...)would rank as a national tragedy, but I guess it doesn't.
Simple. It’s because of who caused the Destruction. China owns the media so it’s off limits.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Best story I have about this, is actually NOT related to the JT. (Around here, most people will wave, regardless.. as a previous poster stated, oncoming, it's nearly impossible to know it's a JT until passed)

But when we got our Renegade Trailhawk, we were heading up to a local state park, and some gal gave us the jeep wave as we were approaching her (she was turning to go the same direction as us). As she put her hand up, I immediately waved back, only to see her husband/boyfriend quickly reach up, and pull her arm down.

We get to the park, and start to go for our hike, and they pull in behind us. He immediately tells us that "She doesn't normally drive the Jeep, so she doesn't get it, that she's not supposed to wave to the 'little kid jeeps' ". As they walked off, my wife goes 'Well, THAT was rude'.

So, we go on our hike, and then as we were leaving, we decided to take the scenic tour out of the park (dirt/gravel road out.. it's a little rough, but nothing major).

As we're nearing the exit, we see all sorts of tire tracks in an open field. Since it'd been raining, the field was very swampy, and clearly some idiot decided to tear it up. (area is labeled as a picnic area, and has pavillions) I even comment to the wife, that someone is an idiot for doing that to a gathering area.

Lo and behold.. it's the same guy from before.. and hilariously, he's stuck in the mud.

He has no recovery boards, no tow straps, no tow chains, no winch, not even a snatch block to pull himself out, so he's sitting there, making his girlfriend try to push, while he's flinging mud everywhere.

He's close enough to the road that we were able to hook him up and offer her some respite from trying to push him out. While I know that the Renegade didn't fully pull him out, the fact that we were able to give him a tug to assist in fixing his dumb decision, wasn't lost on me.

As we were unhooking him from my strap, his GF thanks us, and his response was a clear 'Pfffft... whatever.. I would have gotten out'. I was about to say something to him, when lights and a siren popped on, behind him.

Seems the park ranger witnessed all of the damage the idiot caused, and wasn't too thrilled. He asked if we were with them, I responded nope.. just helping another person. The ranger thanked us, told us we were free to go.. and then started to lay into the guy driving the wrangler.

Was a nice case of instant Karma... and just goes to show.. no matter how awesome a community is, or how nice everyone can be.. there's always 'That guy', who is bound and determined to make it terrible.

You can see 1000 people doing what they're supposed to, and you won't give them a second glance, or remember them at all.. but let there be that one jerk... and THAT is what you'll remember.

~ Casp

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Best story I have about this, is actually NOT related to the JT. (Around here, most people will wave, regardless.. as a previous poster stated, oncoming, it's nearly impossible to know it's a JT until passed)

But when we got our Renegade Trailhawk, we were heading up to a local state park, and some gal gave us the jeep wave as we were approaching her (she was turning to go the same direction as us). As she put her hand up, I immediately waved back, only to see her husband/boyfriend quickly reach up, and pull her arm down.

We get to the park, and start to go for our hike, and they pull in behind us. He immediately tells us that "She doesn't normally drive the Jeep, so she doesn't get it, that she's not supposed to wave to the 'little kid jeeps' ". As they walked off, my wife goes 'Well, THAT was rude'.

So, we go on our hike, and then as we were leaving, we decided to take the scenic tour out of the park (dirt/gravel road out.. it's a little rough, but nothing major).

As we're nearing the exit, we see all sorts of tire tracks in an open field. Since it'd been raining, the field was very swampy, and clearly some idiot decided to tear it up. (area is labeled as a picnic area, and has pavillions) I even comment to the wife, that someone is an idiot for doing that to a gathering area.

Lo and behold.. it's the same guy from before.. and hilariously, he's stuck in the mud.

He has no recovery boards, no tow straps, no tow chains, no winch, not even a snatch block to pull himself out, so he's sitting there, making his girlfriend try to push, while he's flinging mud everywhere.

He's close enough to the road that we were able to hook him up and offer her some respite from trying to push him out. While I know that the Renegade didn't fully pull him out, the fact that we were able to give him a tug to assist in fixing his dumb decision, wasn't lost on me.

As we were unhooking him from my strap, his GF thanks us, and his response was a clear 'Pfffft... whatever.. I would have gotten out'. I was about to say something to him, when lights and a siren popped on, behind him.

Seems the park ranger witnessed all of the damage the idiot caused, and wasn't too thrilled. He asked if we were with them, I responded nope.. just helping another person. The ranger thanked us, told us we were free to go.. and then started to lay into the guy driving the wrangler.

Was a nice case of instant Karma... and just goes to show.. no matter how awesome a community is, or how nice everyone can be.. there's always 'That guy', who is bound and determined to make it terrible.

You can see 1000 people doing what they're supposed to, and you won't give them a second glance, or remember them at all.. but let there be that one jerk... and THAT is what you'll remember.

~ Casp
Classic story. Love it! :rock:

Ridgeline

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Intellectual Property Attorney
Seriously? They excluded the JT’s? Man that is messed up. This isn’t what JEEP or the hobby is all about. That’s sad.
More correctly it says: " Jeep vehicle models 1996 and older are not permitted to register for the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree. Participants must have a Jeep Wrangler model year 1997 – 2021 in order to participate in the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree. "

This doesn't mean you have to have a Wrangler to run the trail. It means you have to have a 97+ Wrangler to run the trail. All Gladiators are new enough that they don't need to be identified specifically..... Says the attorney. :LOL:

https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/trip/24th-rubicon-trail-2021/

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Some people just attach their ego to the things they own. While its great to wave at one another, I know some of you are assholes and we wouldn't be friends... that's fine. (c; I also know that we're all just doing our own thing and having more expensive toys doesn't make someone innately better, nor does driving a cheaper vehicle make you inferior. Just keep waving, the guy with the finger doesn't really deserve your energy anyway.
I'm definitely an asshole but I own that shit!

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This thread is kind of funny. I know we've had others about people not waving, but for the guy to flip the bird, I just don't get it. I'm willing to bet he really wants a JT and flipped the bird out of jealousy and/or is just a total douche in general.

This reminds of a situation I had like this a couple of weeks ago though. I crossed paths with a really built up JK on 37's. As I started to raise my peace sign, I could the driver start to mouth, "oh, no," and then nodded her head no as we drove past each other. She seemed legitimately offended that I waved at her, which I find endlessly hilarious

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
@JTBurns I am out your way all the time, I will flip you off so you feel better. HAHAHA! (just kidding)

I am always amazed at the number of mall crawlers on 37's!

I think that I may just have to turn my Jeep Wave around so that it is more like the English bird.

Alright Joe, if someone in a granite crystal JT gives you the backwards wave it is me.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
@JTBurns I am out your way all the time, I will flip you off so you feel better. HAHAHA! (just kidding)

I am always amazed at the number of mall crawlers on 37's!

I think that I may just have to turn my Jeep Wave around so that it is more like the English bird.

Alright Joe, if someone in a granite crystal JT gives you the backwards wave it is me.
Looking forward to it!

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Everyone waves at me. But when I leave Franklin County things change lol. It's weird.
Where are you in Franklin County? I live in Chambersburg. We gotta meet up! I'm the nacho Rubicon gladiator in town.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Where are you in Franklin County? I live in Chambersburg. We gotta meet up! I'm the nacho Rubicon gladiator in town.
I'm in the Waynesboro area. I haven't seen you yet lol.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Newbe here . . Dumb question, but wife says the rules are only wave to oncoming, not on side of other Jeeps? Whats the consensus?

I thought I was going to hate it before the JT came in, but its a good feeling when you get the wave. I get it now.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
There are no rules wave to whoever you want! Hell, I drive a F-250 pickup for work and catch myself waving to Jeeps, they wave back anyway. Rules?? Geeze man, only rule with Jeeeps is keep the shiny side up, and even that rule a lot of guys can't seem to follow......Jack

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Lyle, wave at everyone. If it pisses them off, smile bigger and keep drinking your Hosmer.
Sponsored