James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
To
Not sure what you are saying because like others here my bed lights come on and off when I lock the jeep or unlock it. I can turn it on or off manually by pressing the button to the left of the steering wheel that looks like a headlamp shining on the ground...I actually thought those were my fog lights at first.
stay on when unloading. Not just when doors open or close I want a switch to tub on to stay on while unloading or loading
Sponsored

wallacems8846

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
As long as you do not hit the button twice on your key to lock it and disable the acc circuit you can push the button in the cab and turn the lights on whenever you want, even when the vehicle is not running. When it is running, just push the button in the cab to turn them on. The doors do not need to be open. This is how my overland is set up.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
As long as you do not hit the button twice on your key to lock it and disable the acc circuit you can push the button in the cab and turn the lights on whenever you want, even when the vehicle is not running. When it is running, just push the button in the cab to turn them on. The doors do not need to be open. This is how my overland is set up.
The intent is to be able to open the tailgate, turn on the bed light without having to go to the cab and turn it on, then do whatever needs done in the bed and turn the light off without having to go back to the cab.

wallacems8846

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The intent is to be able to open the tailgate, turn on the bed light without having to go to the cab and turn it on, then do whatever needs done in the bed and turn the light off without having to go back to the cab.
I get what you are saying, but is this a problem that needs fixed? I can use my key to unlock it, then the light comes on, and I can open the tailgate, load my stuff, close the tailgate, then lock it using the key pressing it twice to turn the light off...The only way I see you doing this is running a new wire from the battery (constant power always on) to a switch that's integrated or inline somewhere and disconnecting that acc wire going there to the light now, but is this really that big of an issue? I mean the ESS button having to push it bugs me but I guess this is your thing here...everyone has something different.

kj57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
On my RAM the button isnt latching, its momentary I believe, it keeps the bed light on for the same amount of time as if you pushed the button on the headlight switch. Otherwise the bed lights will stay on forever, or at least until the low voltage cutoff kicked in. I dont like with the gladiator you have to push the button on the inside to get them to stay on for a few minutes or leave a door open. Not the end of the world but I dont know why they didnt do it with the button in the bed like the RAM.

Anyhow, I dont think its going to be plug and play on the light with the switch, the button will have to wired inside most likely.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
On the opposite side of this, does anyone know how to entirely disable the bed lights altogether? I have a cap on the way and will wire up my own switched full-length lighting back there so I'd rather they don't cycle with the fob in case they get stuck on or something.

Delane

First Name
Delane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I managed to order just one left side Dodge Ram nene light part number 68312567ab for $40
How did that work out for you? I haven't pulled my driver side light out but it looks like the new dodge light in the above pictures has 2 plugs in the driver side. Is the second plug made into the factory harness of the Gladiator to operate the switch on the new light?

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Not sure what you are saying because like others here my bed lights come on and off when I lock the jeep or unlock it. I can turn it on or off manually by pressing the button to the left of the steering wheel that looks like a headlamp shining on the ground...I actually thought those were my fog lights at first.
Try unloading it at night without stoping to push your buttons

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Try unloading it at night without stoping to push your buttons
Because its a pain point! My 2018 Rebel was so much better for the bed light. Just a quick push at the bed light vs. Using your keyfob or walking to the cab.

Maybe the people who don't use the bed don't see it as an issue.

Sponsored

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Did anyone figure out if the Ram lamps physically fit the Gladiator?

I've attached the installation instructions for Mopar Ram Cargo Bed Lamps.

The harness has a ground wire and two additional wires that go up to the front. Maybe those two are B+ and switched, or it's 3-way switched.

Jeep Gladiator BED LIGHT BUTTON FIX!!!!! Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.26.06 PM

Attachments

BamDaLam

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Musician
Yes, two buttons on the headlight control knob: one for fog lights and one for bed lights. I am interested in a switch I can use from near the tailgate, though.

Sunbeam63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone try this or have knowledge if this can be done on the Gladiator?

ChadM

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Geek
On the opposite side of this, does anyone know how to entirely disable the bed lights altogether? I have a cap on the way and will wire up my own switched full-length lighting back there so I'd rather they don't cycle with the fob in case they get stuck on or something.
pop them off and unplug the wiring harness from the back of it. Then pop them back in or take a piece of metal or kydex or something and make a block off plate.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
I see a lot of people just say use the key fob. Us Sport guys i know also are pained by having 0 ways to turn this on without going to the front door.
Sponsored