Best 37s for daily driver

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Well, I went from stock to narrow 33s, no lift. I have 4.10s and am very satisfied with mpg (did not change), trail/rocks performance, and rain, snow/high speed highway. I have 255-80-17E Falken AT3W.
Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My 2021 JTR seems to be doing just fine by me on 37s Toyo R/T and Clayton 2.5" oveland lift. Granted I've only had the truck for 3 weeks. Also, my other ride is a 4runner on 33s Duratracs. Acceleration may be a smidgen better than the Toyota, same with braking. I'm really happy about that as I've read so many cautionary tales about going 37s. On the other hand, MPG is atrocious. Currently showing 12.4 on the meter, mixed highway, mostly flat sea level. The big but is I'm smiling the whole time. Will probably regear later to 4.88 since I plan to load it up with gear. Can't wait to see the mpg then /s.

Krobarr

First Name
stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Mobile Crane Operator
Looking at several different brands and comparing weights between 35s and 37s in a 17" wheel the differences are averaging around 7lbs per tire. Wondering how much a difference on the breaking at total of 28lbs or so would have?
My trucks brakes really well!

Krobarr

First Name
stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Mobile Crane Operator
So I already stated I will be re-gearing, even if I decided on 35s I will re-gear, so the mileage concern and re-gear cost are a mute point in my situation. So we are down to sidewall flex on 17' wheels and reducing braking as the points being made.

Since we are talking about a total of about 28lbs total on average, depending on brand, between 35s and 37s is braking a real concern? If so, unless I just haven't searched correctly, how come I haven't seen numerous posts about brake issues and upgrading the brake system?

What exactly is the concern with sidewall flex? My understanding is a tire with a little more flex leads to a smoother ride which is what I would like as a daily driver.

Both are legitimate questions that I would like to see feedback on if you have any or can point me in the right direction.
I’ve had zero issues braking on pavement! They get sloppy after a couple hours of hard braking when off roading On really difficult terrain. If you’re doing lots of Rick crawling, I’d upgrade the brakes fairly quickly! I just went with slotted rotors and ceramic pads on the front and that helped a lot!
Sidewall flex? I’m running 17’s inside 37’s. A little stiff on highway bumps, but it’s far smoother than any 1 Ton pick up I’ve ever driven at work, and that’s good enough for me! I think you’ll be very happy with 37’s, and as I stated previously, the MTBB’s are a great tire! 78 lbs each with 3 ply sidewalls.

Last edited:

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running 37" General Grabber ATx tires since 14k. I now have 26k on the clock and the truck is less than a year old.

It seems a lot of people hyperfocus on a lot of theory and physics these days.
Don't get me wrong, I've spend 30 years modding and building VW's, Audis, and the like. I wish that more people thought about angles, weights, and leverages more often.

That said, my experience with my JT (1st Jeep for me) is my only Jeep experience.
The trans is great, the brakes are great! I've towed cross country with a trailer, I've Overlanded from WV to FL to Az for 2 months. All on stock everything but the rims/tires and I've never had a braking issue in the JT. I've never said, "that was close" because I couldn't stop in time.

I live in the WV mountains, we don't have a road that's straight for more than a 1/4" w/in 20 miles of where I live. The JTR kills it.

Part of the reason I choose the rim and tires (besides having the bead grip & 3PEAK) was descent weight. My combo is just about 105# when some of the other combos I thought about were closer to 140#.

That's a huge difference and it does matter. It also matters that everyone drives like they understand they are in a truck and not a Lambo. LOL

Sorry, I'm not trying to be preachy, actually the opposite.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
My daily driver has 2 “ lift, 37” Nitto terra grappler g2 load range E on black rhino arsenal wheels,and I average anywhere from 17.5 to 18.5 mpg-mostly city traffic.I have no issues slight tire noise on smooth roads. I love it! Looks awesome.No regear from the 4:10 stockers. Only issue is rotating tires they are HEAVY. If you like it do it! and don’t read all the over the top “I know everything “opinions.
Jeep Gladiator Best 37s for daily driver DACA0147-0803-4F2D-8110-0BA6D9AFFC75

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Is this the AEV mount? Are you able to see out your rear view mirror at all?
It’s just in the bed from when I hauled them home. Not on any mount but there is a guy on here in a recent thread who does have the AEV mount and he confirmed that you cannot see squat out the rear view with a 37 mounted on it.

Sponsored

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
It’s just in the bed from when I hauled them home. Not on any mount but there is a guy on here in a recent thread who does have the AEV mount and he confirmed that you cannot see squat out the rear view with a 37 mounted on it.
I really like the look of the tire in the bed, from the outside. I'm sure I would hate it in that spot from the inside. I had a 37" with the AEV gas tank on my JKU and it did suck not being able to see out your rear view mirror.

Mthorsen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Teacher/ FB coach
Looking to move to 37s on Black Rhino Arsenal wheels and will be re-gearing. What is everyone running for their daily driver?

Overland with Rubicon shocks/springs and 3/4” spring spacers currently. Will I need to go higher as well?
Nitro ridge Grapplers, aggressive looking but very quite on the highway 37-12.5-17. Even fits under bed as a spare. Have roughly 10,000 miles on them and have nor re geared

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I'm really liking my Falken AT3W 37's so far
Have you done any overlanding/trails with them? Trying to decide between an AT or MT but have decent noise levels. I want to go off road without any issues. Not going to mud bog or anything. But if im on fire service roads or back country, want them to work

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Depends what you need but the general consensus is that KO2s are great for a daily because they're good enough off road, long life, quiet, and lighter than most others. If you have specific needs for snow and ice then I might look elsewhere but they're the best all-around tire that sees mostly asphalt.
Good enough off road ? I don't want good enough when I'm hitting trails that you can't take your Subaru on. I have been running Goodyear MTR Kevlars since they came out. They are quite quiet compared to other mud terrains and work better than good enough off road.

Now if you don't plan on going off road and are just driving it around for show, get any brand name all terrain tires like the KO2s.
Sponsored