Best wheel spacers??

ToplessGirl79

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
I’m rubbing bad and it’s driving me crazy. I’m looking at the 1.75” synergy’s. Are these good? What are your thoughts? What are you using?
Sponsored

PlaceTheBetts

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Aerospace
I've been running the Synergy spacers for over a year now. No complaints or issues.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
On road? Pick a hub centric with good reviews.

Off road? Avoid

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Spidertrax. Hands down. Rock solid. I wheel mine hard and have zero issues. 1.75. But you should in my opinion start doing your own rotations. Impact wrenches and spacers are not friends. Tire shops will break something.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Spydertrax on the wife's 4xe for 12k miles. No issues, super easy install. Just make sure you buy a quality one from a known company like spydertrax or synergy and avoid the china knock offs.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve currently been running teraflex 1.75” spacer only cause I have stock wheels.

Overall I like them and the quality as everything else with Teraflex is on point.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Off road? Avoid
Just about every post I see from you, I just laugh to myself. Not sure where you get ANY of your info from or if you just spout off whatever randomly pops in that pinball machine of yours. Exactly why we got into a debate previously.

I’ve had spacers on every time I’ve taken mine off-road since I’ve had it. Granted I’m not doing any major rock crawling. But I’ve been to Turkey Bay, Redbird SRA in Indiana and as of this past weekend Windrock Park which isn’t a joke(all
Of which are badge of Honor locations) and had no issues. Hit some decent ruts and drops too.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just about every post I see from you, I just laugh to myself. Not sure where you get ANY of your info from or if you just spout off whatever randomly pops in that pinball machine of yours. Exactly why we got into a debate previously.

I’ve had spacers on every time I’ve taken mine off-road since I’ve had it. Granted I’m not doing any major rock crawling. But I’ve been to Turkey Bay, Redbird SRA in Indiana and as of this past weekend Windrock Park which isn’t a joke(all of which are badge of Honor locations) and had no issues. Hit some decent ruts and drops too.
Are you under the impression that I'm saying spacers are an immediate, irrevocable, one-way trip to catastrophic failure 100% of the time? Because your entire argument of "well mine are fine thus far therefore they must all be fine all the time" is pretty much the textbook definition of survivorship bias. They are an added component and that increases complexity, and an unnecessary one at that. Wheel spacers have a failure rate well below 1%, but it's not 0.

You argue like the type of person who says "well i never wore a seatbelt or a bicycle helmet when I was growing up and I never died" completely ignoring the fact that those inventions exist because some people did...

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Are you under the impression that I'm saying spacers are an immediate, irrevocable, one-way trip to catastrophic failure 100% of the time? Because your entire argument of "well mine are fine thus far therefore they must all be fine all the time" is pretty much the textbook definition of survivorship bias. They are an added component and that increases complexity, and an unnecessary one at that. Wheel spacers have a failure rate well below 1%, but it's not 0.

You argue like the type of person who says "well i never wore a seatbelt or a bicycle helmet when I was growing up and I never died" completely ignoring the fact that those inventions exist because some people did...
I’ll stayed tuned for your next post. I’m sure it’ll top the last.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ToplessGirl79

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Spidertrax. Hands down. Rock solid. I wheel mine hard and have zero issues. 1.75. But you should in my opinion start doing your own rotations. Impact wrenches and spacers are not friends. Tire shops will break something.
Thanks for the rotation advice. I was wondering if that would be an issue.

OP
OP

ToplessGirl79

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
I’ve currently been running teraflex 1.75” spacer only cause I have stock wheels.

Overall I like them and the quality as everything else with Teraflex is on point.
I do like Teraflex. I just installed their 1.5” leveling kit and it was a solid addition.
I happen to like the look of the stock overland wheels so that’s why I’m going spacer route and not new wheels. Maybe when I get new tires in a couple of years I’ll look at wheels too.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I do like Teraflex. I just installed their 1.5” leveling kit and it was a solid addition.
I happen to like the look of the stock overland wheels so that’s why I’m going spacer route and not new wheels. Maybe when I get new tires in a couple of years I’ll look at wheels too.
Great minds think alike. I have the teraflex leveling kit as well and is kind of why I went with them again for the spacers and (if I can)I like to use the same brands for multiple things. So that’s why I initially went with them over Any others but they’re actually legit.

And agree on the Overland wheel as well. I think it’s highly agreed the best looking stock wheel too (Had a recent debate about that with that @Rahkmalla guy who apparently has all the answers on here) So you’re yet another person who further backs my initial statement. It’s also why I hadn’t been in a hurry to buy aftermarket ones, hence the reason I also went with spacers (just for aesthetics). Haven’t had a problem with them either.

BB249E68-D24A-4F77-BE2E-F5A1A402BA72.jpeg

8DEE3421-FE52-4E12-A973-4F755A2394D8.jpeg

Last edited:

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Several Jeeps in our group have 1.5" Synergy spacers. Probably 200K+ worth of mileage if you added them all up, all being wheeled heavily. No issues.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

The frustration is that you’re telling the op and others not to use spacers off road. Good quality spacers work perfectly fine off road. Stop misleading people into spending 2k on wheels when spacers will solve their problem. If they’re installed properly and maintained properly, the likelihood of failure is almost nothing.
Sponsored