Sponsored

Bought used Gladiator last night....2nd used Jeep product with 35 inch ridge grapplers

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
I'm going to say that these tires are horrible......bumpy and wobbly.....My JL before this had same tires and rode bad. I have a friend who rides on Toyo Open country and ride is smooth as butter. 315/70/17. What are your opinions on the ridge grapplers or have a better suggestion? Fyi....im on stock suspension and have Max tow.
I've not heard anyone dislike them but I never considered them because they are too heavy compared to others the same size. I'm not a fan of significantly more unsprung weight.

No Quarter

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Business Consultant
I have Ridge Grapplers and like them very much. Plenty of highway driving and I do not find them to be noisy. The sound of the air being pushed is louder than any tire noise.

I took them out during a particular heavy thunderstorm here in south Texas, and they did not hydroplane and had plenty of grip.

20210802_142600.jpg

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
My opinion…

I’ve had 3 different sizes of ridge grapplers on 3 different rigs from 32” to now 37’s. They are a good tire as long as you chalk test them and use the right psi in them… the 32’s and 35’s had a heavy load rating that did make them ride stiffer. I like my 37’s due to the lower rating. They have been great in all types of weather except ice… still slick as crap! I have my Rockies adventures but drive from Colorado to North Dakota for work. I will tell you the more wear down the louder the tires are and you do lose some traction.

I agree with everyone that different tires have different capabilities depending what you want to do.

As for me, when my tires wear out I’m either looking at doing the M/T Baja boss at’s or cooper stt pros in 37’s but if I go up to 40’s like I want to… I’ll have to go mud terrain either milestar pats or m/t Baja boss mt’s.

good luck sir!

7CB48FF6-4E86-4693-8848-34FEC3ADADE0.jpeg

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck with multiple sets of Toyos ATIIs and ATIIIs the 3s are 3pmsf rated and much better in the snow and wet. Also made in the US, with 50k mile warranty
The new Baja boss A/Ts are also!

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have these in 37. The rubber is softer and I'm going to be lucky to get 20k out of them. That said, I haven't had much shimmy at speed, but took a fair amount of weight to balance. I've had mine road-balanced ($200 balance). They were smooth at first, but now make an audible hum at speed, and clunk-clunk-clunk between 1-5 mph. I will be switching to a more moderate 37 for the next set. I don't hate these, and I frankly think they are a fine tire for the price. But I think I need to move the needle closer to "daily driver" on the AT-MT range. I'm beginning to think the clunking is more annoying than cool.

I just did a long highway road trip, and got 19.0 mpg. So again, not bad at all.
I've learned they like to run at a very specific pressure, which will differ between 35's and 37's (you cannot chaulk test Patagonias). I run this as a daily, weekend trail running, and towing. Daily and weekends I run about 32 psi ... towing I bump up to 36 psi .... so far they are performing great. I do expect as they wear that they will become louder ... as all tires do. I would advise anyone that if they moderately offroad and are concerned more about noise then stick with an AT. The AT's will run quieter for longer and will net you a higher mileage life cycle.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Personally when I replace the 33 Falken MTs I will be going with 35s, but the main improvement I want is snow/wet performance, without going to an AT.
Any reason why you don't want an AT? MT's and snow performance tend to be in opposition of one another. In my opinion, epecially in CO, a 3PMSF tire is a must for how slick it gets in the high country. Probably won't find a 3PMSF MT

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Any reason why you don't want an AT? MT's and snow performance tend to be in opposition of one another. In my opinion, epecially in CO, a 3PMSF tire is a must for how slick it gets in the high country. Probably won't find a 3PMSF MT
I just like them more. But when I replace I will likely go with an aggressive AT with snow rating. I have the Falken MTs and honestly they did excellent up here in the snow last winter. I had to get other people out but never had any issues, including during that insane 3 foot blast in march.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience the Faulken MT's performed very well in snow ... in fact if I ever decided to go away from the Milestars I absolutely would go back to the Faulkens. One single reason to not run AT's is that they throw stones really bad on gravel roads. I have a friend running them now and that is his number one complaint.

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I just like them more. But when I replace I will likely go with an aggressive AT with snow rating. I have the Falken MTs and honestly they did excellent up here in the snow last winter. I had to get other people out but never had any issues, including during that insane 3 foot blast in march.
In my experience the Faulken MT's performed very well in snow ... in fact if I ever decided to go away from the Milestars I absolutely would go back to the Faulkens. One single reason to not run AT's is that they throw stones really bad on gravel roads. I have a friend running them now and that is his number one complaint.
In the MT realm, I did find that the Falkens did way better than I expected. My JT came with those and I got caught in the first real snow of the season last year and had to drive from CB-->Denver without much drama. That said, they were way less confidence inspiring than the Toyo ATs I have now or the KO2s I had on my JLUR, mostly on the shallow and slick stuff that is typically on the roads/highways. Deep offroad snow may be a different scenario where the performance may be flipped.

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
My Kanati's are the Trail Hawgs in 35-12.50-17 on stock wheels.

lift complete 2.jpg

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver