First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Yes, a front locker will be in the future. I'm a fan of electronic lockers personally so I'll probably go with an Eaton E-Locker.

As for axles....I plan on running the Dana 44's for a while. These 44's are a big upgrade over the Jk dana 44's with both a larger axle tube and also thicker. New axles would be amazing but the budget needs to recover after the first round of upgrades. My style is slow and steady on the rocks, I'm not a skinny pedal wheeler.
Nice, that Eaton locker is on my list eventually as well. I'm more going for an "overland" type build, but I do enjoy the occasional rock crawl so I think eventually it will be worth it.
Sponsored

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Damn that looks good.

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro JTR named "Kassandra", 2020 HellaYella JLUR named "Stuart", 2019 Brilliant white JLUR named "Dru", 2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named "Lucy", 00 Silver TJ named "Gru"
Occupation
Jeep Rentals

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Kept the stock shocks? That looks so good lol. I keep telling myself donā€™t touch the suspension but it looks so much better lifted

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Mounted on the Jeep with 30 PSI they measure in at exactly 39"
Thank you! Looking what to go to for my next set and size matters.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
by the thread title I was expecting something else :giggle:
This looks great, congrats on this beauty. I am in the middle of still collecting parts for my build. So did you use shock extensions for the front and rear and if so which ones?

if possible, can you measure from the ground to the top of the rear hardtop?

Also if you could get me a measurement from the mounting points in the shock extensions from the top to bottom from where the shocks Mount.

Or

if you havenā€™t used any shock extensions can you please take the measurements from the top of the mounting point to the bottom mounting point.

This would be much appreciated. Iā€™m just trying to compare where those shocks are sitting compared to stock.

Iā€™m actually planning on moving away from the stock shocks and will be getting the 2.5 Fox racing performance elite with DSC.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Get rid of the FAD setup ASAP. That's what breaks easily on guys 37+.

OP
OP
Mojave40

Mojave40

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Business Owner
Vehicle Showcase
Kept the stock shocks? That looks so good lol. I keep telling myself donā€™t touch the suspension but it looks so much better lifted
I really tried to keep the stock shocks. I added EVO shock extension brackets but ultimately it just wasn't the down travel I wanted so I ordered the 2.5 Fox Elite resevior shocks with DSC.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mojave40

Mojave40

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Business Owner
Vehicle Showcase
Get rid of the FAD setup ASAP. That's what breaks easily on guys 37+.
Yes....I don't know much about the FAD system other than I don't want it.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Whatā€™s the overall height with the top on at the highest point. Sort of wondering if 40ā€™s would clear my garage door.

OP
OP
Mojave40

Mojave40

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Business Owner
Vehicle Showcase
by the thread title I was expecting something else :giggle:
This looks great, congrats on this beauty. I am in the middle of still collecting parts for my build. So did you use shock extensions for the front and rear and if so which ones?

if possible, can you measure from the ground to the top of the rear hardtop?

Also if you could get me a measurement from the mounting points in the shock extensions from the top to bottom from where the shocks Mount.

Or

if you havenā€™t used any shock extensions can you please take the measurements from the top of the mounting point to the bottom mounting point.

This would be much appreciated. Iā€™m just trying to compare where those shocks are sitting compared to stock.

Iā€™m actually planning on moving away from the stock shocks and will be getting the 2.5 Fox racing performance elite with DSC.
So I went with the EVO shock extensions to start but I wasn't happy with them.

On the front shocks it was 24" eye to eye with the extensions and 26" without which robbed all my travel on the stock shocks.

Measurement from the ground to the top of the hardtop is 79"

I ordered the 2.5 Fox Elite Resesvior shocks with DSC to replace the Mojave shocks. It was a big purchase so I'm hoping for good things.

OP
OP
Mojave40

Mojave40

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Business Owner
Vehicle Showcase
Whatā€™s the overall height with the top on at the highest point. Sort of wondering if 40ā€™s would clear my garage door.
Ground to the top of the Hardtop is 79". With my spare tire on the rack its taller but I didn't measure.

Last edited:

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Yes....I don't know much about the FAD system other than I don't want it.
Read about the FAD before you delete it. Mines going away when I switch axles too, but keeping it until Iā€™m ready for that investment. The drivetrain is made for the FAD. The RCVs will be strong through there if you leave it, and there are a bunch of skid plate options. Your truss will help too. Still a weak point, but trussed, plated, with a 300m disconnect coupler and you will be hard pressed to break it.
Sponsored