OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Whatever I do the three light idea doesn't look good. I recessed the lights and still looks bad

Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights 20230526_064941
Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights 20230526_064953
Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
The recessed design definitely looks better, but yea, still looks off. Maybe one or two larger round lamps (4”?) would look better. Your original design is growing on me. But I like the idea of a more readily available size/shaped light for replacement incase of failure. Again, all in all what you’re doing is awesome!

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
The recessed design definitely looks better, but yea, still looks off. Maybe one or two larger round lamps (4”?) would look better. Your original design is growing on me. But I like the idea of a more readily available size/shaped light for replacement incase of failure. Again, all in all what you’re doing is awesome!
My main thing is I want something that looks newer.... All trailer lights look old and cheap. I like outside perimeter LEDs. That was my main reasoning for choosing the lights I chose.

Jeep really sucks on their lighting. Ford broncos led headlights and tail lights I feel nailed theirs right out of the box.

But making something look natural when you have to make a shroud to hold it is difficult. In reality oracles design is good... The execution sucked. If they would have made the led perimeter light go down along side the tail gate it would have taken away from the wanna be Ford raptor look and also would have given more light to traffic behind you... Not sure why they didn't do this.

This is something I'm thinking about doing when making a entire tail light from scratch.... I'm thinking about doing an entire perimeter light that has both red and white LEDs... One stacked on top of the other... (They make tail gate led strips like this )This would leave a wide open space in the center for blind spot sensor.

But then I would also have to build a vacuum former so that I can produce a lens to cover the LEDs.

Sorry just throwing my ideas out there..

Sponsored

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
My main thing is I want something that looks newer.... All trailer lights look old and cheap. I like outside perimeter LEDs. That was my main reasoning for choosing the lights I chose.

Jeep really sucks on their lighting. Ford broncos led headlights and tail lights I feel nailed theirs right out of the box.

But making something look natural when you have to make a shroud to hold it is difficult. In reality oracles design is good... The execution sucked. If they would have made the led perimeter light go down along side the tail gate it would have taken away from the wanna be Ford raptor look and also would have given more light to traffic behind you... Not sure why they didn't do this.

This is something I'm thinking about doing when making a entire tail light from scratch.... I'm thinking about doing an entire perimeter light that has both red and white LEDs... One stacked on top of the other... (They make tail gate led strips like this )This would leave a wide open space in the center for blind spot sensor.

But then I would also have to build a vacuum former so that I can produce a lens to cover the LEDs.

Sorry just throwing my ideas out there..
My guess Oracle didn’t do what you mentioned because of the tailgate light product. It would have hindered the Dodge taillight design they now sell.

I was gonna mention using some type of led strip and cutting forming to a desired shape. But thought it would be too much hassle to make.

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Does anyone like the bed liner look? This is a easy application for me to apply to people who will want it.

Today I received the connectors so I can do the wiring easy. Now just need the lights to arrive ......

Here are some pics of the bed liner paint jobs.

Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights 20230527_192945
Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights 20230527_193000
Jeep Gladiator Building my own flush tail lights 20230527_193012

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Does anyone like the bed liner look? This is a easy application for me to apply to people who will want it.

Today I received the connectors so I can do the wiring easy. Now just need the lights to arrive ......

Here are some pics of the bed liner paint jobs.

I dig it, it gives it a finished look.

Sponsored